PDA

View Full Version : I could have met Justin Timberlake!

Jessweeee♪
04-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Too bad I'm not an N'SYNC fan anymore :bounce:

They're filming a movie in my city! It's about baseball!

Now that I've shared that, what are your opinions on sports movies?

I'm not into sports, so the only one I like is Waterboy n.n

Laddy
04-05-2008, 10:35 PM
I don't like sports or any of their petty films. :p

Kes
04-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Generally if the film is about sports, I don't care. If the film is about something else but sports are heavily involved, then I could like it. Example: <i>Remember the Titans</i>-- so good.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-05-2008, 11:15 PM
I quite enjoy sports movies. I loved Invincible, and For the Love of the Game. There are some really good ones. :D

Jessweeee♪
04-05-2008, 11:33 PM
In PE, whenever the weather was too bad to go outside and the boys had the Gym we'd go upstairs and watch the first half hour of Radio. There was no rewind button, and the remote was lost.

I've never seen the end, but the first half hour I've seen at least 26 times. I never ever want to watch it again. EVER.

KoShiatar
04-05-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm not a fan of sports movies, but if it's someone's thing, whatever floats their boat, so to speak.
Anyway I never was a boyband fan, but I would take a close look at Justin Timberlake. His kind of music is not my thing, but he's a super professional at what he does.

Bahamut2000X
04-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Sports movie? Justin Timberlake? What is with these sudden pop idols trying to become movie stars and everything else, especially a sports movie star. *shakes head*

As for sports movies I don't enjoy sports so I don't enjoy many sports movies, but there have been a few, such a Waterboy and Remember the Titans, and a few other comedy ones that I enjoyed.

blackmage_nuke
04-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Shaolin Soccer FTW.
Thats about it for me though

Bloodline666
04-06-2008, 06:59 AM
I quite enjoy sports movies. I loved Invincible, and For the Love of the Game. There are some really good ones. :D

Invincible? The only scene I liked in that movie is the scene where Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, and their mighty Dallas Cowboys destroyed Vince Papale, Dick Vermeil, and those Eagles in the Big Hole-In-The-Roof known as Texas Stadium! (sorry, but as a Cowboys fan, I absolutely loathe the Eagles)

Speaking of Football movies, anyone seen Leatherheads? That one's about the OLD days of football, back when people ran the ball a LOT more than they threw it.

Breine
04-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Sports movies are generally not that good.

Hambone
04-06-2008, 06:51 PM
I can't stand them. The message of a serious sports movie's always the same. Bleh...

scrumpleberry
04-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Shaolin Soccer FTW.
Thats about it for me though

I LOVED THAT FILM. Yeah, I don't mind if movies are about sport if they're good. They're generally not though. First person to mention Bring it On in a positive light fails.

darkchrono
04-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Sports movies are generally not that good.

You probably never saw 'Hoosiers' or 'We Are Marshall' or 'Rudy' then did you.

Jessweeee♪
04-08-2008, 03:02 PM
I saw Rudy...I would have loved it if I liked football :p

DK
04-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Rocky. :love:

Peegee
04-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah until people started naming examples I couldn't think of good ones.

Rocky is my pick. The other ones were not that great.

Randgris
04-11-2008, 03:41 PM
The only sports-oriented movie/s I can remember:
Rocky
Ali
Million Dollar Baby
Nope that's all I can remember. I'm not a fan of sports movies. I'd rather watch Star Wars (note that I am not a Star Wars fan)

Nominus Experse
04-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Thread title ought to be changed to:
"I could have punched Justin Timber-fucking-lake in the yarbles"

I do not care for sports movies one bit.

Before someone mentions Cinderella Man or Million Dollar Baby, be sure to realize that there is a difference between these films and Shaolin Soccer the Mighty Ducks.

leader of mortals
04-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Rudy was fine.

I loved waterboy! Haven't seen it in a while though.

I liked Remember the Titans too.

I liked invincible too.

Sport movies aren't bad, but there are better ones.

Shiny
04-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Wtf. What is he going to do? Moonwalk across the field? I saw him in that Alpha Dog film and he was meh, up until the end. Anywayz, I pretty much only like comedic sports films. The serious ones can be a bit pretentious. With that said, Rocky and Remember the Titans are pretty darn good.

Roto13
04-11-2008, 11:16 PM
The vast majority are the same boring underdog story over and over again. Blargh. Get some new ideas.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Generally if the film is about sports, I don't care. If the film is about something else but sports are heavily involved, then I could like it. Example: <i>Remember the Titans</i>-- so good.

Yea, thats about the only way I enjoy sports movies if the films actually about something else. Also, like We Are Marshll. But sports films like Friday Night Lights, Varsity Blues that are all like "OMG, we worked really hard and we got our ass kicked so feel sorry for us cause we didn't win." are complete non sense and crap in my opinion.

Heath
04-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Apart from Rocky I can't think of any that I actually like. I think BASEketball was a laugh when I was about 14 but I've no idea if it's actually any good now. I'm interested in sports but not sports movies. Don't know why, but I suppose I prefer the unpredictability you get with actual sports compared to sports films.

Kes
04-15-2008, 11:14 PM
Wtf. What is he going to do? Moonwalk across the field?

I wouldn't be surprised if they break out into song and dance like the baseball scene in High School Musical 2*.

*I babysit. That was not seen willingly.

BizarroSephiroth
04-16-2008, 01:54 AM
Miracle
thats about it xD

Sarc the Swordsman
04-21-2008, 01:57 PM
I hate sports movies. They're so boring in my opinion.