PDA

View Full Version : The Cidprentice - ROUND 3 FINAL

Del Murder
04-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Round 3 - Part 1

30 contestants are left. Your task is to divide yourselves into 3 groups of 10. You can do this however way you see fit. Be careful on how you do this, as you will be asked to complete a group challenge once it is done. Try to use this thread to discuss and come up with your group assignments, but you may also use pms, ims, etc. After the assignments are made, each group will get its own thread to complete the rest of the challenge.

This part of the event will last for 18 hours (~10:00am Pacific time). At the end of that time, all those not in a group will be randomly assigned to one. You will not be penalized if you are not part of a group by the time this phase of the challenge is over, so please do not fret if you are not in one.

Captain Maxx Power
04-06-2008, 12:12 AM
A list of people still in the competition would be spiffy. :cool:

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 12:13 AM
A list of people still in the competition would be spiffy. :cool:

Agreed.

Araciel
04-06-2008, 12:14 AM
L12 Human Paladin LFG.

Del Murder
04-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Here are the remaining players:

Araciel
Bahamut2000X
BG-57
blackmage_nuke
Breine
Captain Maxx Power
Chaos Is the Key
Crossblades
DK
Dolentrean
Dynast-Kid
edczxcvbnm
Flying Mullet
Goldenboko
Heath
IBPengwynZ
Jess
Jigsaw
Kentarou
Linus
ljkkjlcm9
oddler
Ouch!
Pureghetto
qwertyxsora
Rase
Roto13
Rye
smittenkitten
Takara

Rye
04-06-2008, 12:21 AM
I request DK, Breine, Roto, Heath, Flying Mullet, oddler, Ouch!, smittenkitten, and Linus on mai team. Bahamut2000X and Jess too, if the other ones don't want to come. Up for it? <3 Let me know if you're interested.

Team Fruity! :ichigo:

Heath
04-06-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm happy to join any group that wants me for this task.

Edit: Or y'know, Rye could post seconds before me and do it that way :p

Bahamut2000X
04-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Doh Rye claimed all the good ones.

But I'll have GoBo yet! So go me, how about it Gobo? Wanna team up and create the ultimate team!

Araciel
04-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Ara, PG, and the Cap'n are recruiting! Check your inboxes!

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 12:25 AM
They're probably gonna have us see how well we'd work with other Cid's Knight, so...

I'm gonna make a list of people I think I'd work well with:

Dynast-Kid
Rase
Roto13
oddler
Flying Mullet
Bahamut2000X

EDIT: Bahamut! Yes, team now! :D

Rye
04-06-2008, 12:27 AM
By the way, if any of you I asked are interested in Team Fruity, PM me, reply to this thread, IM me, whatever. I guess it's up for first comers. I really think we'd all work really good together, because we all have something good to bring to the team. :bigsmile:

Is that a yes, Heath? I'll assume it is!

:ichigo: Team Fruity: :ichigo:

Rye
Heath
Jess
Flying Mullet
DK
Ouch!
smittenkitten
Linus

qwertysaur
04-06-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm willing to join any team, just ask me. :p

Bahamut2000X
04-06-2008, 12:30 AM
I request DK, Breine, Roto, Heath, Flying Mullet, oddler, Ouch!, smittenkitten, and Linus on mai team. Bahamut2000X too, if the other ones don't want to come. Up for it? <3 Let me know if you're interested.

Team Fruity! :ichigo:

I swear she put that in seconds after I posted. >.>

Hey Rye maybe my team (GoBo and me) should merge with what you have of your team. That right there seems like it could be an epic group. Me and GoBo are pretty awesome just by ourselves. :cool:

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 12:31 AM
I agree with Bahamut, I'd like to join team fruity, I think I'd work well with you guys.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Baaah! Of course, this starts just as I have things to do.

PM me, and I might join your team.

But I have things to do, for now. I will be back... I hope.

EDIT: I want Roto, PG, Flying Mullet, and Rye. But it seems I won't be getting what I want today.

blackmage_nuke
04-06-2008, 12:46 AM
I dont mind going in the team that has a gap after they've decided thier members unless anyone wants to ask me. If I had a preference i guess it would be anyone who frequents the FFVI forum because thats where i am alot of the time.

If you change your mind,
I'm the first in line
Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me

Dolentrean
04-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Alright, I will be willing to join any team, I don't know that many of you that well really, but hey, I'm still here so I must be some use.

If someone wants me in there team just send me a PM or ask me to join in this thread. I would rather be asked so I can be with people who are more serious and organized, but if not I will live with being randomly assigned.

EDIT: I am going to send out a few PM's to see if I can join some teams, but feel free to say no, I would rather be in a group who thinks I would be useful than them just having me for the hell of it.

blackmage_nuke
04-06-2008, 12:55 AM
A question!!!

So does only one or two groups get to the next round or is this judged on an individual basis even though it is done in groups?
Im assuming this is a round based on teamwork so this information might be crucial to group decision and activity.

Its ok if you dont want to reveal too much about the round though.

qwertysaur
04-06-2008, 12:59 AM
If you want me, I'll join team fruity.:ichigo:

Jess
04-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Okay, I'm in Team Fruity! :jess:

Rye
04-06-2008, 01:02 AM
To be fair, I want to give the people I invited first a chance to get back to me. It wouldn't be right to ask them first, and then just cut them out in favor of people who are asking now. If they don't get back to me in a decent amount of time, the others on the team will decide who else we want! :jess:

ljkkjlcm9
04-06-2008, 02:05 AM
I can work with anyone.

Honestly, I want to work with all the people that don't think they will win. I'm getting tired of all the same people that people are picking to win this competition. No offense to them or anything, but I think us lesser knowns have just as good a shot, and this is a good time to make a name for ourselves.

send me a PM: OR
Aim: ljkkjlcm9
Yahoo: Coinmaster9
MSN: Coinmaster9@yahoo.com

so far I got Takara and I
Team Underrated represent!

THE JACKEL

Heath
04-06-2008, 02:10 AM
Team Fruity represent.

Rye
04-06-2008, 02:11 AM
7 out of 10 people have responded to be on Team Fruity. I'd recommend that all the other people I asked respond ASAP! :jess:

Takara
04-06-2008, 02:21 AM
Team Underrated is gonna rock harder than YOU! Yes, YOU!

Ouch!
04-06-2008, 02:38 AM
Oh God. What have I gotten myself into?

I mean, I shall be surrounded by highly intelligent and capable individuals!

Dolentrean
04-06-2008, 03:05 AM
Following in ljkkjlcm9's example I think it would be easier to work out if we talked over IM

AIM: Dolentrean
MSN: Dolentrean@msn.com

Go Figure

edczxcvbnm
04-06-2008, 03:28 AM
So who wants to join up with a person who has been here for 7 years XD

Linus
04-06-2008, 03:41 AM
Wow, I just woke up. This team concept sounds cool but I'm not sure what the implications are for advancement. I'll join Team Fruity because Rye is super-creative and active on les forumos.

Rye
04-06-2008, 03:46 AM
Awww, gee thanks, Linus! :jess:

Linus
04-06-2008, 03:58 AM
Also, this is the team with all the chicks.

:jokey:

Rye
04-06-2008, 04:22 AM
Anyway, I'm going to bed now. All the people I asked should PM me regarding Team Fruity. The team has 2 spots left, so you best hurry. We'll probably have our full team by morning, so we'll be ready to start.

KentaRawr!
04-06-2008, 04:38 AM
Interesting concept. It'll be odd, though. The winning team has to compete with itself.

Del Murder
04-06-2008, 04:58 AM
A question!!!

So does only one or two groups get to the next round or is this judged on an individual basis even though it is done in groups?
Im assuming this is a round based on teamwork so this information might be crucial to group decision and activity.

Its ok if you dont want to reveal too much about the round though.
I will say that there is no guarantee that the 'winning' team will not have any people cut. However, they will probably have the least amount of people cut.

There will not be a 'losing' team that gets cut entirely.

ljkkjlcm9
04-06-2008, 05:02 AM
makes perfect sense to me

You're gonna have to work well with others. Obviously the winning team had a lot of people that could communicate and work in a group effectively, so they'd have the least amount cut. I'm enjoying seeing this little "contest," if you want to call it that, progresses, and look forward to the future rounds. Hopefully I can make it through this one too!

THE JACKEL

Roto13
04-06-2008, 05:17 AM
It seems that Rye is having no trouble finding members for her team, so I'll go for the second person to send me a PM asking me; Doltrean.

EDIT: He decided not to wait for me so I guess I'm on Rye's team if she'll still have me. xD

Dolentrean
04-06-2008, 05:36 AM
Sorry Roto >.< Like I said in my other PM, I expected you to go to Rye's team right away.

Roto13
04-06-2008, 05:42 AM
blackmage_nuke PMed me asking if he could be on my team. I don't have a team yet. :P

blackmage_nuke
04-06-2008, 05:51 AM
I thought you were on Dolentreans team until you edited your post

edczxcvbnm
04-06-2008, 07:23 AM
*shakes head* This is so insanely disorganized. It would be a lot more organized if people could make threads instead of posting random comments about stuff from PMs. As far as I can tell, it is just a god damn mess. Know what...fuck it. Thread make in General Chat.

Edit: Okay...So this is what I know right now.

Team Fruity:
Rye
Heath
Jess
Flying Mullet
DK
Ouch!
smittenkitten
Linus

To me everyone else is fair game and is greatly disorganized. So I will just go all out and promote a new team

Team Awesome:
I will PM everyone who has yet to join team fruity.

This should hopefully facilitate the creation of the remaining 2 teams.

Potential Team Awesome members:
Araciel
Bahamut2000X
BG-57
blackmage_nuke
Breine
Captain Maxx Power
Chaos Is the Key
Crossblades
Dolentrean
Dynast-Kid
edczxcvbnm
Goldenboko
IBPengwynZ
Jigsaw
Kentarou
ljkkjlcm9
oddler
Pureghetto
qwertyxsora
Rase
Roto13
Takara

Expect a PM shortly. I will be going to sleep and updating the status of replies in the morning.

blackmage_nuke
04-06-2008, 07:58 AM
You forgot team underated which is really just ljkkjlcm9 and Takara from what i gather

edczxcvbnm
04-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Okay...Now everyone should have gotten my PM. Sorry if you didn't.

But everyone is going around through PMs asking people if they want to join teams. That is not gonna work. Just post what small faction you have decided to be a part of. I told Goldenboko I would be a part of his faction so

Team Awesome
edczxcvbnm
Goldenboko
Dolentrean
Bahamut2000X
Others

Team Underrated:
ljkkjlcm9
Takara

I don't know who else he has asked to join up with him but I say everyone is free to try and join this. It isn't like we get to pick who the other staff members are if we become the next CK anyway.

Thanks for reminding me of Team Underrated. I guess that can be the other team name.

Dolentrean
04-06-2008, 08:05 AM
Bahamut2000X also agreed to be part of Team Awesome (Or as I am calling it Truly Epic)

Jigsaw
04-06-2008, 08:05 AM
I am a great team player. My dive team in high school went all-state one year. You will not be disappointed for picking Jigsaw for your team.

I can work well with anyone, so I have no preference to who my teammates are. As long as we bring the best out of each other we should be fine.

Tasura
04-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Team Underrated for me.

Dolentrean
04-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Ok, just talked to Rase he said he was in, so this is who we have so far.

Team Awesome (Truly Epic)
Dolentrean
Goldenboko
edczxcvbnm
Bahamut2000X
Rase

Team Underrated
ljkkjlcm9
Takara
Chaos Is The Key (?)

smittenkitten
04-06-2008, 09:17 AM
I hope I made it into ":ichigo: Team Fruity :ichigo:" in time. I have accepted but I was asleep when you made this thread you bad CK's. :cry: Well this is quite fitting for me I'm currently doing group tasks at college with our awesome team the "Power Puff Bunnies" :love:. I hope everyone gets into a team and wish everyone well. :)

Ouch!
04-06-2008, 09:23 AM
I hope I made it into ":ichigo: Team Fruity :ichigo:" in time. I have accepted but I was asleep when you made this thread you bad CK's. :cry: Well this is quite fitting for me I'm currently doing group tasks at college with our awesome team the "Power Puff Bunnies" :love:. I hope everyone gets into a team and wish everyone well. :)

Jess guaranteed you'd say yes, so we took her word for it. You're in. WELCOME TO TEAM FRUITY.

smittenkitten
04-06-2008, 09:30 AM

Jess guaranteed you'd say yes, so we took her word for it. You're in. WELCOME TO TEAM FRUITY.

Awesome like a possum. ;) Ouch if you know everyone that is in our list and if we are finished with our recruitment could you please pm me the list? :mog:

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Alright Team Awesome!

After getting some confirmations this is how we are looking!

Dolentrean
Goldenboko
edczxcvbnm
Bahamut2000X
Rase
qwertyxsora

Not bad so far.

We still have 3 people who haven't seen the PM I sent them, one who has seen it, but didn't respond. Ed also sent mass PM's I don't know how that has went.

I plan on making sure we are organized, but I don't want to post my plan how in public :shifty:

Breine
04-06-2008, 11:44 AM

Yeah, I was also asleep when they made this, but I've sent a PM to Rye about Team Fruity.

Captain Maxx Power
04-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Everyone who decided to join Team Fruity that I PM'ed without informing me thereof is a loser. :mad2:

So far our team (presently tenatively called Something Something Something Darkside) consists of the followings;

Araciel
BG-57
Captain Maxx Power
Kentarou
Pureghetto

We need five more members. PM's may be heading out soonish to those who remain.

Breine
04-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Everyone who decided to join Team Fruity that I PM'ed without informing me thereof is a loser. :mad2:

I don't know if I'm in yet, but I'll inform you when I know, okay? :)

04-06-2008, 12:39 PM
I choose Team Awesome (Truly Epic). So, put me on that team, please.

Oh wow. This is extremely unorganized. I'm sorry I couldn't have helped out. I was, shall we say, misplaced.

My thanks to ed, Rye, and GB, who seem to have taken some good initiative in this even as of yet. :)

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 12:46 PM
I choose Team Awesome (Truly Epic). So, put me on that team, please.

Oh wow. This is extremely unorganized. I'm sorry I couldn't have helped out. I was, shall we say, misplaced.

My thanks to ed, Rye, and GB, who seem to have taken some good initiative in this even as of yet. :)

Done.

Updated Roster:

Dolentrean
Goldenboko
edczxcvbnm
Bahamut2000X
Rase
qwertyxsora
IBPengwynz

BG-57
04-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Go 3SD! :D

Rye
04-06-2008, 01:18 PM
So, :ichigo: Team Fruity :ichigo: consists of:

Rye
Heath
Jess
Flying Mullet
DK
Ouch!
smittenkitten
Linus
Breine
Roto13

Our team is done. <3 We're ready!

Breine
04-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Glad I made it in time :)

EDIT: ..and so Maxx, I'm a member of Team Fruity. Hope you're not too mad at my lack of information giving.

KentaRawr!
Go 3SD! :D

3SD wins! :D

blackmage_nuke

So far our team (presently tenatively called Something Something Something Darkside) consists of the followings;

Araciel
BG-57
Captain Maxx Power
Kentarou
Pureghetto

We need five more members. PM's may be heading out soonish to those who remain.
This team is lookin good. Can i join or am i not cool enough:confused:

smittenkitten
04-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Glad we have sorted our team out. I think there is four teams currently though so some of the current ones might need to merge together. :confused:

KentaRawr!
04-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Glad we have sorted our team out. I think there is four teams currently though so some of the current ones might need to merge together. :confused:

Of course. We need to have 3 teams, each of 10. If there are 4 teams, then the two teams with the least members must merge so the number goes down to 3.

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Mr. oddler said he'd join Team Awesome

Updated Roster:

Dolentrean
Goldenboko
edczxcvbnm
Bahamut2000X
Rase
qwertyxsora
IBPengwynz
oddler

Rye
04-06-2008, 01:56 PM
I think we need to wait until all the teams are formed to have our threads made. But I think it'd be good for us if we all organized our contact info together, so we could possibly have an MSN conference or something like that ASAP. We had a small Team Fruity one last night with Heath, Jess, DK, Ouch! and I and it was very good. :jess:

I'll keep a running tab on all the information as you give it to me in this post:

Rye:
MSN: rikkuyuna89@hotmail.com
AIM: Ryechuuu
Y!M Missing2990

Heath:
MSN: GlobalAbomination@hotmail.com
AIM: FaithorFate (but don't expect me to be online on this much

Breine:
MSN: kristian.iversen7@skolekom.dk

Jess:
MSN: j3ssyc@hotmail.co.uk

Roto13
04-06-2008, 01:58 PM
I've gone ahead and made an IRC room we can use for now.

#teamfruity

Breine
04-06-2008, 02:00 PM
I think we need to wait until all the teams are formed to have our threads made. But I think it'd be good for us if we all organized our contact info together, so we could possibly have an MSN conference or something like that ASAP. We had a small Team Fruity one last night with Heath, Jess, DK, Ouch! and I and it was very good. :jess:

I'll keep a running tab on all the information as you give it to me in this post:

Rye:
MSN: rikkuyuna89@hotmail.com
AIM: Ryechuuu
Y!M Missing2990

I only have MSN, which is: kristian.iversen7@skolekom.dk

oddler
04-06-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm sorry I didn't get back to you soon enough, Rye. Honestly, I'm less active on the weekends, usually only checking in a couple times a day. You've got a crew completed, though, so excellent on you. :)

I've signed up for Team Awesome through Goldenboko. Thanks for having me, guys. :greenie:

I'll be back on in roughly three hours, probably right before Part 2 of this round begins. One thing I'd like to reiterate before we get started is what Miriel posted. I had a feeling that this would eventually become a team activity and that we would be competing head-on apply directly to the forehead. Please nobody get totally upset over this and up and leave the forum or something similarly drastic.

All you guys are awesome. :choc2:

Heath
04-06-2008, 02:36 PM
My contact details for anyone that wants them. I'm only usually on MSN, but if there's something happening on AIM, let me know and I'll be happy to get on that.

MSN: GlobalAbomination@hotmail.com
AIM: FaithorFate (but don't expect me to be online on this much)

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 02:58 PM
And in a surprise twist, our team converges with The Jackal's giving us 10!

Final Roster:

Dolentrean
Goldenboko
edczxcvbnm
Bahamut2000X
Rase
qwertyxsora
IBPengwynz
oddler
ljkkjlcm9
Takara

EDIT: That means Maxx gets who's ever left. Those who weren't sorted into a team shouldn't feel bad though! It really just means you guys weren't on during the 18 hours!

Bahamut2000X
04-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Woot go oddler! Both the winners of round 1 in one team? Ya Team Fruity's got nothing on us. :cool:

And welcome aboard Takara and ljkkjlcm9! Looking forward to working with you all.

Sorry I wasn't much help in getting us organized initially, moving sucks especially when it breaks my computer. :eep:

Rye
04-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks a bunch for making the room, Rhody! <3

And we got both of Round 2's winners on Team Fruity. :bigsmile:

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Woot go oddler! Both the winners of round 1 in one team? Ya Team Fruity's got nothing on us. :cool:

And welcome aboard Takara and ljkkjlcm9! Looking forward to working with you all.

Sorry I wasn't much help in getting us organized initially, moving sucks especially when it breaks my computer. :eep:

No problem, I think I managed to handle this pretty well, not to mention Ed, and Dolentrean gave me all the help I'd need.

smittenkitten
04-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Okay I made a little picture of what I think of our group " :ichigo: Team Fruity :ichigo:".

You can't get any more fruity than this. :p

Strawberry = Jess
Orange = Me
Banana = Flying Mullet
Coconut = DK
Plum = Heath
Watermelon = Ouch
Apple = Roto
Passionfruit = Linus
Peach = Breine
Grape = Rye (It was BoB's idea because you are so petite and cute)

Always got to have a bit of fun in the competition. :love:

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 03:15 PM
If we decide to do a live meeting, my AIM account is bouncingboco.

blackmage_nuke
04-06-2008, 03:35 PM
It looks like 3SD takes the remaining players:

Araciel
BG-57
blackmage_nuke
Captain Maxx Power
Chaos Is the Key
Crossblades
Dynast-Kid
Jigsaw
Kentarou
Pureghetto.

Tell me if i accidentally missed someone or put them in the wrong team.

It's a pleasure to be working with you!!

Roto13
04-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Banana = Flying Mullet
IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

Apple = Roto
I look like a tomato. <3

qwertysaur
04-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Here is all three teams in one post! With pretty colors!

Team Fruity :ichigo:
Breine
DK
Flying Mullet
Heath
Jess
Linus
Ouch!
Rye
Roto13
smittenkitten

Team Awesome
Bahamut2000X
Dolentrean
edczxcvbnm
Goldenboko
IBPengwynZ
ljkkjlcm9
oddler
qwertyxsora
Rase
Takara

Team 3SD
Araciel
BG-57
blackmage_nuke
Captain Maxx Power
Chaos Is the Key
Crossblades
Dynast-Kid
Jigsaw
Kentarou
Pureghetto

Bahamut2000X
04-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Might want to try a tad brighter color for team 3SD. :p

blackmage_nuke
04-06-2008, 03:47 PM
None of my other team mates are currently online and i'll be gone soon :(

I hope the next round doesnt come up too soon

edit:

Might want to try a tad brighter color for team 3SD. :p

As the only representative of 3SD currently online i will have to insult you on our behalf.

Your FACE might want to try a tad brighter colour!! :mad2:

Bahamut2000X
04-06-2008, 03:55 PM
As the only representative of 3SD currently online i will have to insult you on our behalf.

But your team was all hidden in the background and couldn't be read. :(

blackmage_nuke
04-06-2008, 04:08 PM

But your team was all hidden in the background and couldn't be read. :(

Thats appropriate considering our name

Araciel
04-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Congratulations to those of you who are on the winning team :D

qwertysaur
04-06-2008, 04:11 PM
For team awesome I made an offsite forum. :D
right here (http://z9.invisionfree.com/CK_Team_Awesome/index.php?)

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 04:24 PM
For team awesome I made an offsite forum. :D
right here (http://z9.invisionfree.com/CK_Team_Awesome/index.php?)

I was gonna make one, I just didn't want to till we found out more about the objective, they might want us to use a certain thread or something.

Roto13
04-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm assuming that will be the case. The staff will probably want to see how we work together. Our IRC room is really just for right now. Unless the forums go down again. :P

edczxcvbnm
04-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Awesome...I wake up and everyone sorted it all out.

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Awesome...I wake up and everyone sorted it all out.

Your welcome :P

Bahamut2000X
04-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah props to GoBo for being an awesome organizer. :)

Breine
04-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Okay I made a little picture of what I think of our group " :ichigo: Team Fruity :ichigo:".

You can't get any more fruity than this. :p

Strawberry = Jess
Orange = Me
Banana = Flying Mullet
Coconut = DK
Plum = Heath
Watermelon = Ouch
Apple = Roto
Passionfruit = Linus
Peach = Breine
Grape = Rye (It was BoB's idea because you are so petite and cute)

Always got to have a bit of fun in the competition. :love:

I'm a peach! ..I'm peachy :D

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Am I the only one noticing a serious lack of staff?

smittenkitten
04-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Yeah they've all run away. :p Maybe our teams can run the forum peacefully without any violence. ;) I thought that the staff would just randomly pick member and put them in a team to see how we can get along with complete strangers. :mog:

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Yeah they've all run away. :p Maybe our teams can run the forum peacefully without any violence. ;) I thought that the staff would just randomly pick member and put them in a team to see how we can get along with complete strangers. :mog:

Maybe each team will take turns moderating >.<

Jess
04-06-2008, 05:50 PM
I think it'd be good for us if we all organized our contact info together, so we could possibly have an MSN conference or something like that ASAP.
MSN: j3ssyc@hotmail.co.uk

Del Murder
04-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Good job, guys. Now your next task is to determine 3 members of your team to eliminate.

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Good job, guys. Now your next task is to determine 3 members of your team to eliminate.

I KNEW YOU WHERE GOING TO DO THAT :(

Yamaneko
04-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Hahaha.

Bahamut2000X
04-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Hahaha.

I just knew that Yams was the evil mastermind behind this. :(

qwertysaur
04-06-2008, 06:28 PM
What is our time limit?

Rase
04-06-2008, 06:28 PM
I see what you did there!

Del Murder
04-06-2008, 06:30 PM
What is our time limit?
1 hour.

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 06:31 PM
What is our time limit?
1 hour.

0.o

Bahamut2000X
04-06-2008, 06:31 PM
One hour? Geez you guys are playing hard ball this time. :(

Roto13
04-06-2008, 06:35 PM
1 hour? I find that hard to believe. I call shenanigans.

For one thing, there are only, like, two people from our team online.

Another thing, having contestants get rid of their competitors is a really bad idea. People just vote for whoever they see as the biggest threat.

So yeah. It's at least partially untrue. xD

Del Murder
04-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Group assignments:

<b>Team 1 (Team Fruity)</b>
Breine
DK
Flying Mullet
Heath
Jess
Linus
Ouch!
Roto13
Rye
smittenkitten

<b>Team 2 (Team Awesome)</b>
Bahamut2000X
Dolentrean
edczxcvbnm
Goldenboko
IBPengwynZ
ljkkjlcm9
oddler
qwertyxsora
Rase
Takara

<b>Team 3 (Team 3SD)</b>
Araciel
BG-57
blackmage_nuke
Captain Maxx Power
Chaos Is the Key
Crossblades
Dynast-Kid
Jigsaw
Kentarou
Pureghetto

KentaRawr!
04-06-2008, 06:39 PM
What happens if we can't decide within the time limit, or if a good amount of members aren't online?

Jigsaw
04-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Team Team 3SD looks to be a very good team and I am a proud member.

So proud that I, Jigsaw, volunteer to be one of the three sacrifices. It would be great to be a knight, but I think there are other members of this team who deserve it more than I do, and as such I am willing to throw myself on the grenade.

KentaRawr!
04-06-2008, 06:53 PM
No, Jigsaw, you should not grenade yourself! We should get in touch with the other members before we decide who goes and who stays.

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 06:54 PM
This is brutal :crying:

Jigsaw
04-06-2008, 06:57 PM
No, Jigsaw, you should not grenade yourself! We should get in touch with the other members before we decide who goes and who stays.We cannot. There are 24 minutes left. I do doubt that the rest of the team will be online by then.

KentaRawr!
04-06-2008, 06:58 PM
That's a good point, but we can't be the only voters! We're 2 out of 10.

Rye
04-06-2008, 06:58 PM
lol wat? xD This is a total joke. I'm not picking anyone~ <3

Del Murder
04-06-2008, 07:00 PM

Another thing, having contestants get rid of their competitors is a really bad idea. People just vote for whoever they see as the biggest threat.

In fact, it's all untrue.

April Fools! The real task will be posted shortly.

KentaRawr!
04-06-2008, 07:01 PM
You're more than just a few days late, Del Murder. :p

Edit: Oh, nice edit there, Rye. >_>

Bahamut2000X
04-06-2008, 07:02 PM

Del is so mean. :cry:

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 07:03 PM
OMG.

*dies*

ljkkjlcm9
well good, cause we were attempting to be unbiased in cuts if they had to happen, but had some back up sacrificers

THE JACKEL

rubah
I don't know, I laughed xD

Roto13
04-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Of course. The real task is a lot more reasonable. xD

Breine
04-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Haha, for a second there you totally had me. I was like: "No waaaaay...!" xD

Good one, good one.

smittenkitten
04-06-2008, 07:52 PM

I was like the whole way through "You've got to be joking." While Daniel giggles like a little school girl in the background. :rolleyes2 Oh did I also mention you are all ebil! :mad2:

Roto13
04-06-2008, 07:54 PM
When you say to stay out of other people's threads, do you mean we can't read them, or we just can't post in them?

ljkkjlcm9
04-06-2008, 07:56 PM
When you say to stay out of other people's threads, do you mean we can't read them, or we just can't post in them?

I would assume they mean can't read. What the other groups are saying/deliberating about isn't really need to know for other teams. We're each our own staff, do you think it's right to go look in staff forum? Internal affairs are internal affairs. Outsiders don't need to see it. I honestly think they didn't even need to say to stay out, it should have just been inherent.

THE JACKEL

Del Murder
04-06-2008, 08:04 PM
A true Cid's Knight would not look at other teams of mods to figure out who to add to their staff. Stay out!

Roto13
04-06-2008, 08:05 PM
A true CK wouldn't even have the option. :P

But ok. Away I stay.

Dynast-Kid
04-07-2008, 03:29 AM
lol wut!? xDDD

I leave for like, 2 days, and so much has happened! I knew i'd miss a whole bunch!

w00t, go TEAM 3SD!!!

ljkkjlcm9
04-07-2008, 08:19 AM
I notice there was never a forum announcement for round 3!

THE JACKEL

Flying Mullet
04-07-2008, 01:50 PM
When round three is over will Del wear a bad hairpiece and tell people they've been fired?

<b>Edit:</b> Since Leeza gave a blanket, one-word answer, I should edit my post with something like a marriage proposal. ;)

Leeza
04-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Yes. :cat:

smittenkitten
04-07-2008, 10:28 PM
This is awesome, everything is happening it's so exciting. ^__^

Loony BoB
04-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Feel free to post in your confessionals how you are enjoying the contest. I'd personally like some feedback on the pace of the competition, how well you like working in the groups, stuff like that. Keep them updated when possible, folks! I love reading them. :)

Del Murder
04-08-2008, 02:24 AM
Round 3 is now closed. All three teams have come up with three very different results! This is exciting.

I'll move the threads into this forum for you guys to read while we deliberate the results.

KentaRawr!
04-08-2008, 02:25 AM
Woohoo! Let's go read other people's conversations! :D

Psychotic
04-08-2008, 02:26 AM
People who thought candidate 4 sucked have earned Psychotic's deep loathing. ENJOY BEING ELIMINATED, JERKWADS. :irked:

edczxcvbnm
04-08-2008, 02:29 AM
What can I say psy...we had you covered across multiple people XD

I covered the anti-staff part ;D

rubah
04-08-2008, 02:29 AM
I wonder who candidate 2 was

edczxcvbnm
04-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Candidate 3 reminded me of KoShiatar...am I right? Do I win a cookie =D

Rye
04-08-2008, 02:30 AM
People who thought candidate 4 sucked have earned Psychotic's deep loathing. ENJOY BEING ELIMINATED, JERKWADS. :irked:

Do you love :ichigo: Team Fruity :ichigo:? <3

KentaRawr!
04-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Well, Psy, I liked Candidate 5 who is just one over from 4. Do you like me?

Psychotic
04-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Yes. Yes I do!

Roto13
04-08-2008, 02:34 AM
I was the first one to say "Yay yay go candidate 4." Does that mean you're permanently on my side?

Psychotic
04-08-2008, 02:35 AM
Absolutely.

KentaRawr!
04-08-2008, 02:38 AM
Well, Psy, did you notice that I very quickly edited my post to "Psy, do you eat your own poo?"

qwertysaur
04-08-2008, 02:38 AM
Our team had almost twice the amount of posts as the others! :eek:

Goldenboko
04-08-2008, 02:39 AM
Naturally the team that has me in it has 5 billion more posts then the others :jess:

@Psychotic: I talked to VTG often and saw how that "rebellion" thing made people who where, general openminded, go absolutely crazy and be ignorant. Dx

Psychotic
04-08-2008, 02:45 AM
My anti-staff thing wasn't really like THEY'RE CORRUPT BASTARDS KILL THEM AND MAKE SECOND ACCOUNTS. It was more THEY'RE CORRUPT BASTARDS SO LET'S JUST SPAM ABOUT RANDOM CRAP. And it worked. The evil tyranny of the EoFF Staff was destroyed and now I am their dictator. Hail.

Goldenboko
04-08-2008, 02:46 AM
You mean you weren't already evil dictator?

Roto13
04-08-2008, 02:46 AM
I can't believe anyone would think that someone who's afraid of conflict should be a moderator. xP

Rye
04-08-2008, 02:49 AM
Yeah, I heard you, Rhody. It's a shame though because candidate 5 is honestly the best candidate... except for that one characteristic. But that ruined candidate 5 for me completely. It's a shame.

Go Candidate 4. :bigsmile: :ichigo: :ichigo:

qwertysaur
04-08-2008, 02:53 AM
I wonder if the other teams worked out who to kick out during the prank.

04-08-2008, 02:54 AM
I wonder if the other teams worked out who to kick out during the prank.

I was actually just about to let/tell you guys to let me take one for the team when I realized it was a joke. A terrible, terrible, joke.

Damn my inactivity/busy schedule!

edczxcvbnm
04-08-2008, 02:58 AM
I must be one of the few people that believes that not every cid's knight has to be a bad ass and take on confrontation XP Not everything is a confrontational issue.

Goldenboko
04-08-2008, 02:58 AM
I must be one of the few people that agree with ed :D

KentaRawr!
04-08-2008, 03:00 AM
I figured Candidate 5 would be best, because they'd have helped the community in various ways before, and becoming a Cid's Knight would connect them further to the site, so they could do more fun stuff for the forums they couldn't before, due to being more closely connected to the staff, assuming they approve.

qwertysaur
04-08-2008, 03:03 AM
Congrats team fruity :ichigo:

KentaRawr!
04-08-2008, 03:05 AM
The least members cut? So other teams will have members advance, too?

Coolness. :monster:

rubah
04-08-2008, 03:07 AM
well yah, they didn't have ALL cool members! like that dirty heath. .

JK ILU HEATH HEATHINGTON III !

Rye
04-08-2008, 03:14 AM
Go Team Fruity and Heath! You did so well, Heath, you should be proud. :bigsmile: :ichigo:

KentaRawr!
04-08-2008, 03:15 AM
Captain Maxx! BG-57! You're going on to the next round! Congratulations! :D

Araciel
04-08-2008, 03:17 AM
Congrats to all of you moving on :D

KentaRawr!
04-08-2008, 03:18 AM
Congratulations, Roto! :p

04-08-2008, 03:20 AM
Congrats! to everybody moving on. Especially Team Fruity! And my fellow team members, of course. :)

Jess
04-08-2008, 03:22 AM
Way to go, Team Fruity! :ichigo:

Congrats to everybody who is moving on.

qwertysaur
04-08-2008, 03:23 AM
Yay, I made it!

Dolentrean
04-08-2008, 03:31 AM
Nice job qwertyxsora! Also Ed! and everyone else from team awesome who moved on *claps*

KentaRawr!
04-08-2008, 03:38 AM
Congratulations Team 3SD members! You rock!

Bahamut2000X
04-08-2008, 03:53 AM
Congrats to all those that made it.

Takara
04-08-2008, 06:51 AM
I don't care if Psy hates me because I voted against candidate 4, I'm still prettier than him. :D

Congrats everyone who made it to Round 4, especially my fellow Team Awesome members (even if you wanted to kick me out during the joke ;P).

Heath
04-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks you, guys.

ps. rubah smells.

smittenkitten
04-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Welldone :ichigo: Team Fruity! :ichigo:

Loony BoB
04-08-2008, 11:29 AM
I said I'd do this (I can't remember where) after the round was over, so here I go. Remember, this is my opinion, so it means little in the long run as often my opinions are shot down by the rest of staff in dramatic fashion. xD But sometimes I do okay. ;)

Candidate 1 -

Longtime member who has been around for many years.
Well known and respected by most of the veterans, but has not had much interaction with most of the the newer members.
Posts mainly in the general categories and Feedback.
Has a smart unique personality and outlook that not many others have.
Forum activity is currently moderate.

I really like this member for one big reason: They have an outlook that not many others have. If there's one thing I personally enjoy, it's diversity and unique perspective. I love it when I read something from someone in the staff forum and go "You know what, I never thought of it that way, but they're right." Well, they aren't always right, but the more different perspectives you can get the more likely you are to have more interesting discussions and also the more likely you are to cover more bases, get a better representation of the membership, etc. Now, the big flaw - as a lot of people pointed out - is that they don't interact much with msot of the newer members. I don't see this as a huge problem, more of a "lack of bonus" if you get what I mean. You shouldn't lose points for this, but you don't gain them either. There are some members of EoFF who don't really interact with anyone in particular at all, but they're still great.

Candidate 2

Joined within the last year but has become one of the top posters during that time.
Well received and like by most of the newer members, but some of the oldbies will probably claim they've never heard of this person.
Active poster in all forums, but mainly in General Chat.
Friendly poster but has the tendency to spam and be immature at times.
Forum activity level is very high

This guy, as some pointed out, is the future Candidate 4 in some ways. I would question how valuable an oldbie's opinion is if they haven't heard of someone who is a top poster over the past year! Unfortunately they are immature, and maturity is an important feature of a moderator in general. This is probably the only person I would avoid out of the five candidates, purely on that reason alone. Give them time to mature and see how things flow.

Candidate 3

Has been an active member for 3 years.
Posts a lot in the gaming forums but not much in the general forums.
Is well known and well respected in the gaming forums for their helpfulness and advice.
Calm and low-key demeanor. Hardly ever participates in forum 'events'.
Forum activity level is very high in the Gaming forums, much less so in the General forums.

This member is great when you're after a better presence and also better representation of the gamers, which is valuable considering deep down inside our index page, we are a gaming forum. The more gamers on staff, the more respected we are by other gamers, the more likely gamers are to stick around, the more likely we are to get new members due to the general nature of a newbie being to join up because of the gaming forums... or something. I think that got messy. Either way, they have a low-key demeanor which is again not a bad thing but won't help push their case, either. I like that they're helpful. Mods should be.

Candidate 4

One of the top posters in General Chat for a number of years.
Everyone's buddy. Has won numerous Ciddies in many different categories.
Generally well liked by the community, but has had run-ins with the staff due to their non-serious, jokster nature.
At one point claimed to be "anti-staff" but that posi<b></b>tion has since changed.
Forum activity level is high in the General forums. Never visits the gaming forums.

The run-ins don't matter so long as it's not happening recently, and so long as they aren't too bad. Not a good thing, but not really a bad thing depending on the situations. Everyone's buddy means nothing until you know how they react when their buddy is in trouble. It's helpful for good Public Relations, though! Ciddies obviously don't mean much. Being liked by the community is good so long as they respect him when he's serious, which he would need to show he can be. If he can, and they respect him, this is a good thing. This member has a lot of "blanks" for me because it's hard to know if the points made are good or bad. It's very hard to say where I stand because of that. I'll give this one a "Don't Know".

Candidate 5

Since joining EoFF two years ago, this person has dived right into the community and become an active poster throughout the forum.
Is constantly posting ideas for new events and making interesting, interactive threads.
Well liked by the community for their upbeat personality.
Sensitive in nature, this poster shies away from confrontation and prefers to go with the flow.
Activity level is not always constant. Periods of intense activity are sometimes followed by very low levels of posting.

This one I like. I would be very interested in this "shies away from confrontation and prefers to go with the flow" thing when it comes to staff debates, as I prefer getting a lot of input from people and I would hope that they could at least put their thoughts down and state their reasons when doing things such as electing a Cid's Knight etc. The other downside is the intense activity vs. low levels of posting... well, to me that depends on just how low. I mean, are we talking 10 posts a day for half a year and then 1 post a day for half a year? I'm okay with that. But one post a month for half a year? Er, no thanks! But the massive boost is the upbeat personality which I personally think helps the rest of the staff and community also become upbeat, and also the ideas and ways to make EoFF interesting. Some people might not think that this is important, but when no regular members are making competitions we can't exactly demand it of them, so we have to demand it of ourselves. Every now and then you just need someone who can say "EoFF is getting a bit lifeless and we don't want to lose members. We need more activity, more fun! Let's do this... [blah blah blah]" Those kind of members are what make EoFF, and if we can encourage and promote that kind of person then I'm all for it.

Really, it all comes down to what you think EoFF needs at the time. There used to be a real problem with moderating of the gaming forums, and some maybe say there still is (I'm not sure, I haven't heard that recently so I'm hoping that's not the case!). Some might say that we need more events and things to keep people interested. Sometimes people are looking for more deep discussion, while others might just say we need someone who can get us on the good side of the members. Sometimes you even need some young (but mature!) blood so you can ensure your staff are keeping up with the new members and not just living in the past.

There are a lot of things to consider, but if I had to make a choice right now, I'd go for five for the ideas or one for the perspective. If two wasn't so immature, I'd snap him up first though. We're an aging staff!

oddler
04-08-2008, 01:10 PM
You and me, BoB, we are one and the same! Scary, actually. Maybe that means the staff doesn't agree with me.

And I'm sure you meant if two wasn't so immature. :p

Loony BoB
04-08-2008, 01:28 PM
That's what I said. :shifty:

Rye
04-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Candidate 4 was pretty obvious, and I think I know Candidate 3, but I wonder who the other ones were. :ichigo:

Loony BoB
04-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Candidate 5 is a wussy version of eestlinc or theundeadhero.

Candidate 1 is Del Murder, maybe.

Peegee
04-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Candidate 5 is a wussy version of eestlinc or theundeadhero.

Candidate 1 is Del Murder, maybe.

Which one were you?

:p

Loony BoB
04-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Closer to Candidate 1 than any of them, probably.

Yamaneko
04-08-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm Candidate Six. I decided not to show up.

Del Murder
04-09-2008, 04:18 AM
You guys may not remember, but I was a #4 once!

#2 was based on The Man.

Miriel
04-09-2008, 04:22 AM
It's funny how people are asking me who these profiles were based on. None of these profiles were based on any ONE specific person. We took traits from various people and mish-mashed them together to get a group of candidates who each had a certain viewpoint and pros/cons. There was a Gamer candidate, but we didn't base it off a specific gamer. And so on and so forth.

There were certain people I had in mind when thinking of certain characteristics, but each profile isn't a specific person.

edczxcvbnm
04-09-2008, 04:28 AM
You guys may not remember, but I was a #4 once!

#2 was based on The Man.

No way XD He totally fits #4 or something...okay...he became totally anti-staff and went and created his own forum instead XP