PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Beat Godo - Yuffie Sidequest

Stunt
04-06-2008, 06:10 AM
He is at the top of the tower in the Yuffie sidequest. I just need to beat him and I'm done that Wutai quest.

He got this dame Cure2 though that heals 1280 after every two Trine's I use. My Trines do like 800 so two are like 1600 but he does the Cure2 after every two turns.

I always gotta watch my health too, because out of nowhere he will use a Demi3 or a Trine.

Mind helping me on how I should beat him?

Bahamut2000X
04-06-2008, 06:29 AM
If your having trouble you might just need to level a little.

Beyond that if Cure is your trouble then silence him. Or experiment and see if you have better damaging spells. I remember way back just having Yuffie spamming summons on him and the others and winning. Been ages so you might just want to try a summon against him.

Idaho
04-06-2008, 08:40 AM
I agree.

You can also put a barrier (materia) on yourself as protection against his magic

Rostum
04-06-2008, 08:40 AM
I would suggest fighting him when you get your fourth Enemy Skill materia, and let him cast Trine on you. That way you are able to get full sets of the four Enemy Skill materia, and also be at a fine level to woop his butt.

But if you really don't care about that... just level a bit perhaps. There's always the Regen trick where you cast Regen on yourself and open the disk drive (not reset the game) and it'll stall the game but keep healing you.

:p

Melodies of Life
04-06-2008, 10:12 AM
cast reflect on him so his cure2 heals you instead of him

Stunt
04-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Problem is, I don't have reflect. =\
I'm level 32 with Yuffie, and I would have beaten him so many times, but its that damn Trine he uses. I've managed to get my Trine to do 960 something damage now after I leveled though.

Any place in Wutai I can find a reflect materia?

Update: Wow, I just beat him at level 34. He eventually ran out of his 1,000 MP and couldn't cure himself anymore, and I beat that 3 faced Yuffie father.

Oh, thank you for my 40K gil and my All Creation. =]

cloud21zidane16
04-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Well done, also dont bother using All Creation, Doom of the Living is much better.

afro samurai
04-06-2008, 08:13 PM
really i found him pretty easy
here i found this on the internet
If you are in Disc II, then all you have to do are summons. But say you are in Disc I. Then what? Perhaps you've built Yuffie up to her Level 2 limits, or Level 3. In that case, just use Bloodfest 3 times while keeping her health up. Other than that...

Move to back row. Now, cast Barrier, MBarrier, Regen, and Haste. Start out your damages with Demi or Demi2. After that starts to do about 2000 damage, use summon Kjata (you can go to the Ancient Forest first, get it, come back and fight) Bahamut, and Odin. Heal when necessary. However, if you run out of summons, don't bother casting Demi, he will keep healing himself. Instead, just cast Demi1, and have him waste 24 MP on curing himself. When he runs out of MP, assault! For winning you get Summon Leviathan and Yuffie's L4 Limit manual.

Big D
04-07-2008, 01:14 AM
This guy was pretty tough the first couple of times I played the game, a combination of his powerful attacks and healing ability.

A winning strategy for low-level games is to use Magic Hammer to nab all his MP, at which point he becomes a whole lot less threatening.

thegirth
04-07-2008, 05:17 AM
NEEDS MOAR GRINDING

Breine
04-07-2008, 10:35 PM
This guy was pretty tough the first couple of times I played the game, a combination of his powerful attacks and healing ability.

A winning strategy for low-level games is to use Magic Hammer to nab all his MP, at which point he becomes a whole lot less threatening.

Yeah, Hammer is a great Enemy Skill. It's helped me many times.

Anyway, congrats on beating him, and as someone else said; All Creation isn't really that good.

Rostum
04-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Ah yes, magic hammer. How could I forget! That skill is awesome-sauce.