PDA

View Full Version : Red Mages in the late chapters

Tabris
04-06-2008, 04:19 PM
My party consists of Knight, Black Mage, Red Mage and Ranger and I am now in the middle of chapter eight and at level 35/36. I am happy with all my classes and would like to keep them throughout the game, except for the Red Mage. She has been very useful in the game, but now she's starting to lag behind. Her magic isn't that good anymore, she can only cast Raise once and her attacks are low as well.

I have had her as a Red Mage from the very begining, though, so her Job Class is high. Is it worth her to switch her job, and if so, what job should I switch her to?

Crossblades
04-06-2008, 04:38 PM
I recommend using a White Mage. They have more healing spells and are better healers. If you have a Sage, you can use that too. They can learn ALL mage spells, but their magic is a bit weaker than white mages, black mages, etc.

Tabris
04-06-2008, 04:50 PM
I have considered a White Mage before, but I never used that Job as I couldn't find equipment to buy anywhere. Any tips on where I can buy armour and weapon for a WM?

Momiji
04-06-2008, 09:03 PM
I'd personally recommend that you make your Red Mage a Sage later in the game, especially if you're playing the NES version. Of course, they nerfed the Sage in the DS version, but I'd still recommend it since it still has more options for magic, though weaker. I would also recommend that you invest one of your characters as a Shaman/whatever the DS name for the higher-level White Mage is (I have forgotten what the name is :p) as well.

Tabris
04-06-2008, 09:23 PM
I'm playing the DS-version. When can I make them into those version? I have changed my Red Mage into a White Mage for now, although I am lacking some good equipment for her. Does anyone know where I can get equipment for a white mage in FF-III DS?

Crossblades
04-07-2008, 03:37 AM
I'm playing the DS-version. When can I make them into those version? I have changed my Red Mage into a White Mage for now, although I am lacking some good equipment for her. Does anyone know where I can get equipment for a white mage in FF-III DS?

Some of the equipment that you bought for your Black Mage can be equipped on the White Mage as well

Tabris
04-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I've found a White Robe and some stuff. Guess I'll read some more faqs to find out more about helms and shields and if that's possible. Thanks, guys.