PDA

View Full Version : Do you think EyesonFF doesn't have enough FF fans?

KentaRawr!
04-07-2008, 02:20 AM
Hmm...

It sure seems like it.

We need some more FF 'round here.

Jessweeee♪
04-07-2008, 02:24 AM
I am an FF fan n.n

qwertysaur
04-07-2008, 02:25 AM
I still love final fantasy!

CimminyCricket
04-07-2008, 02:43 AM
Me too!

Tavrobel
04-07-2008, 02:56 AM
You haven't seen the gaming forums. It's full of rancid, internet dwelling people.

Bahamut2000X
04-07-2008, 03:00 AM
What's this Final, Fantasy? :confused:

Kes
04-07-2008, 03:21 AM
I like the games or at least the ones that I've played, but I wouldn't call me a fan. I suppose I bring down the property value of this part of the internet a bit.

Though, I'm much, much more likely to become a fan. In fact, I'm just waiting for May to roll around so I can get a jump start on your Eyeson Plays thing for FFIII. I'm not good at video games really (sadly) even though I love them, so I'm going to need that early start.

ljkkjlcm9
04-07-2008, 03:23 AM
I'd play more of the newer ones, if they weren't coming out on more expensive systems. Especially when I typically prefer the games on the cheaper system. I can never justify buying a system for one game, as much as I would love to play them.

THE JACKEL

Fonzie
04-07-2008, 03:43 AM
I'd play more of the newer ones, if they weren't coming out on more expensive systems. Especially when I typically prefer the games on the cheaper system. I can never justify buying a system for one game, as much as I would love to play them.

THE FONZ

My opinion.

BardTard
04-07-2008, 04:28 AM
What is FF?

FF!!!<3

Linus
04-07-2008, 04:45 AM
I'm using an avatar from Final Fantasy and have been for the past few years. =P

Vermachtnis
04-07-2008, 04:50 AM
I like the Final game in the Fantasy IV game series. Does that count?

Necronopticous
04-07-2008, 05:00 AM
i like sephis! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:mog: :choc: :moomba: :choc2: :eep: :greenie: :tongue: :confused:

ljkkjlcm9
04-07-2008, 05:07 AM
I like the Final game in the Fantasy IV game series. Does that count?

well technically there are two of them now

THE JACKEL

rubah
04-07-2008, 05:33 AM
LOL HARRY POTTER FOREVER.

I'm listening to a ff-medley atm though

Shoeberto
04-07-2008, 06:10 AM
We've been trying to stir up some lovin' for the series with the Eyeson Plays events, so~

XxSephirothxX
04-07-2008, 06:22 AM
I think the longer delays between main entries in the series, in comparison to the Playstation era, has finally caught up and started having a negative impact. We're all getting older, and there are fewer younger people being exposed to the games for the first time.

So, assuming we consider it a bad thing that fewer people at EoFF have an interest in the games, then yes.

Miriel
04-07-2008, 06:30 AM
We're all getting older, and there are fewer younger people being exposed to the games for the first time.

Yes! I have some younger cousins (ages 8-13) who have the Playstation, DS, Wii, but they don't play Final Fantasy. They're definitely into video games, but some of them have never even heard of the series before. It was baffling to me. How can you know about WoW but not about Final Fantasy? I dunno, it just doesn't seem like Final Fantasy is doing a good job of bringing in the newer generation of gamers.

Big D
04-07-2008, 06:45 AM
I think there are plenty of fans here... it's not like we should have a place that's utterly dominated by filthy internet gaming types after all:D
The balance is good - the fans have our own game-specific forums, whereas the wider community can mingle and ruminate across the rest of EoFF.

Spuuky
04-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Single-player gaming is dying, and Final Fantasy will die along with it (well, the brand is still popular enough that it will be turned into non-Final Fantasy games [see XI, XIII]).

C'est la vie.

KH-Cloudy
04-07-2008, 07:39 AM
Final Fantasy Forever! :D

I''l always love this series.

Montoya
04-07-2008, 07:46 AM
I'm still a fan of Final Fantasy even though I really don't play them any more. I started another file on Final Fantasy IX three years ago and have yet to beat the second disk.
However, I will always have the memories of playing Final Fantasy. :) Especially the Playstation ones.

Heath
04-07-2008, 09:00 AM
We're all getting older, and there are fewer younger people being exposed to the games for the first time.

Yes! I have some younger cousins (ages 8-13) who have the Playstation, DS, Wii, but they don't play Final Fantasy. They're definitely into video games, but some of them have never even heard of the series before. It was baffling to me. How can you know about WoW but not about Final Fantasy? I dunno, it just doesn't seem like Final Fantasy is doing a good job of bringing in the newer generation of gamers.

I've found that to be the case as well. Many people my age have heard and played Final Fantasy, but people younger than myself and my friends often haven't. I often wonder how many people who played WoW had played a Warcraft game before signing up for that one.

I think ultimately the majority of people here are Final Fantasy fans but I think some are more actively fans than others. I still consider myself a fan and started a new game of FFVIII last week, so I still play the games. As for the newer ones, I can't see myself playing them to be honest. Unless I win the lottery or something, I can't see myself buying any of the new consoles and so the only way I'll be playing them is if they arrive on the DS.

Breine
04-07-2008, 09:07 AM

Qft. I'm still a fan of the series, but as you said many from the newer generations haven't heard of it.

Old Manus
04-07-2008, 10:50 AM
I'd say only about 1% of the memberbase here, apart from spambots, are not FF fans. I don't know what everyone is worrying about.

Blue Harvest
04-07-2008, 11:35 AM
If you don't like FF, why join? The community was founded on the series after all.

Creeping Shadow
04-07-2008, 11:36 AM
*Runs to the top of Mt. Everest*

Final Fantasy forever!!!!!:D :love: :D

blackmage_nuke
04-07-2008, 11:41 AM
There are not enough VI fans.

Big D
04-07-2008, 12:56 PM
If you don't like FF, why join? The community was founded on the series after all.Quite a few people joined because of having friends on the forum or its staff - even some of the senior staff and 'legendary' members who've been here for years have no real interest in the FF series.

Peegee
04-07-2008, 02:11 PM
I joined for the FF8 forum because I was an avid player back in the day. However once I discovered EoEo my pseudo-intellectual side was constantly fed and years later, here I am!

Alucard von Elru
04-07-2008, 02:16 PM
If you don't like FF, why join? The community was founded on the series after all.
Speaking for myself, though I used to love just about everything in the series, I've reached a point where I "don't mind" most FF titles.

However, many of the installments that I can no longer comfortably play still remain important to me, even if they haven't aged well. Additionally, I still think FFVI is an incredibly important milestone in RPG history, and I am a huuuge fan of Yasumi Matsuno's two visions (FFT and FFXII). Also, I really miss the old Squaresoft. They made a lot of fantastic games, and this (being a site founded on FF and all) has ended up being a great place to talk about/read other people's opinions on a lot of non-FF classic Square games (Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, etc).

So the main attraction for me was the apparent love of Square all over the forums, not necessarily any FF-exclusive sentiments.

41-Inches-Wide
04-07-2008, 02:40 PM
I don't feel the need for talking about the final fantasy games I've played because everybody I know and myself included have finished them knows the series and its tips and tricks like the back of their hands lol though I haven't played the new releases as of yet (FF2 and Crisis Core for the PSP etc), because there are plenty of games other than FF I have yet to try but I'm still an FF fan because I love Chocobos and I still end my sentences with 'Kupo', kupo!~ :kaoclove:

Madame Adequate
04-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Well I just plain don't play them much anymore. I tried to get into the Eyeson Plays thing, but that didn't pan out, and I doubt it will until about IV or V, if it ever does. Doesn't mean I don't think fondly of them though.

I don't go to the FF forums much because there isn't much to talk about. If it was VII or X that was released last year, I'd still be there. But it was XII, and I just got bored of XII, so I have no incentive to go discussing it much.

Randgris
04-07-2008, 03:33 PM
I haven't played any FF ever since our PS died. If ever I had the money, I'd buy a brand new PS+PS2 and all FF games+any other square game of different genre that interests me (Parasite Eve is nice)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-07-2008, 03:37 PM
What am I doing here?

Goldenboko
04-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Just about everyone here seems to like at least 1 FF :P

bipper
04-07-2008, 09:23 PM
I joined for the FF8 forum because I was an avid player back in the day. However once I discovered EoEo my pseudo-intellectual side was constantly fed and years later, here I am!

you must be hungry.

Shlup
04-07-2008, 09:26 PM
But... FF games are boring.

Jings
04-07-2008, 09:47 PM
I used to like Final Fantasy, back in the day. Now they mostly just bore me.

TyphoonThaReapa
04-07-2008, 09:51 PM
A'yo, I know you guys wouldn't like this idea. And I know ya'll would think FF would be selling out to the "Black Man", but FF need some damn Hip Hop son. Think about it. If FF had Hip Hop in it, it wouldn't be FF at all. And everyone would wanna play it then...:cool:

rubah
04-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Don't they call that GTA? xD

(I have never played grand theft auto)

TyphoonThaReapa
04-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Don't they call that GTA? xD

(I have never played grand theft auto)

Nah, Parappa Darappa...:rolleyes2

Rase
04-08-2008, 12:29 AM
I fancy myself as quite the fan of Flemish Football, thank you very much.

cloud21zidane16
04-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Final Fantasy Forever!!
Ill always love it, i dont get as much time to play them anymore though:( Ive played I and II on the psp and will soon be playing Crisis Core.
But i have some free time now maybe ill start one of them again:)

Dynast-Kid
04-08-2008, 04:34 AM
Yeah, you guys are ALL right about Final Fantasy being unknown to younger generations. I don't think I had ever heard of Final Fantasy before I went to Best Buy one day and saw Final Fantasy X lying on the videogame shelf a couple years back. The only reason I bought it was because I thought the back was pretty! xD

Calliope
04-12-2008, 12:59 AM
eoff has enough FF fans to be constantly attracting new members, and it has a more than solid enough 'base' to keep the community from dwindling. Then again, I haven't played FF in over a decade, so I don't care :D

Hambone
04-12-2008, 02:51 AM
I think most people join EoFF because of Final Fantasy. And then, they discover GC and quit posting in the Final Fantasy forums.

Blue Harvest
04-13-2008, 11:37 AM
^That's exactly whatb happened to me. I joined for FF, I stayed because GC kidnapped me ;_;

Christmas
06-23-2022, 05:18 AM
I think most of those that are still around are FF fans and gamers in general. The rest would have left by now due to the inactivity of this place. :(

I think at this point, there are more activities in the lower forums than General Chat.:bigsmile:

Christmas
07-28-2022, 03:46 AM
Yes. Shame on you all! :mad2: