PDA

View Full Version : Out of the systems on the Wii's VC, which do you think is best?

KentaRawr!
04-07-2008, 04:03 PM
NES
SNES
N64
Sega Genesis/Sega Megadrive
Neo-Geo

Which one is the best?

Edit: Oh, darn it. I forgot the TurboGrafx-16 existed again.

Rase
04-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Master System. :p Wonder Boy ftw!

Seriously though, probably N64, because I don't have one anymore, and I got to play Starfox 64 and Mario Kart 64 again. :D

scrumpleberry
04-07-2008, 04:27 PM
I dunno. I'd say they're all pretty good - I mean, they put only the best games on from each console, so you get some excellent choice.

Momiji
04-07-2008, 05:30 PM
NES. Nothing beats the classics. ;)

The only thing that would change my mind is if Nintendo brought games like Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger to the SNES VC.

Heath
04-07-2008, 05:40 PM
I don't really know if I could judge based on the games on offer on VC, but in terms of the consoles themselves, I'd say it's a toss-up between the SNES and the N64. Both had some brilliant games that were visually impressive for their time as well as allowing for the advancement of various game franchises. I'm thinking of things like Final Fantasy, Metroid and Mario Kart in particular in relation to the SNES.

I've recently been playing a lot of N64 games lately (F Zero X, Majora's Mask and Perfect Dark amongst others), which is really a console that had some absolutely cracking games. I think, overall, despite the presence of games like Super Metroid, Seiken Densetsu 3, Chrono Trigger FFIV, V and VI, I'm tempted towards the N64. The N64 really impressed me when we had one when I was younger and really convinced me of what computers would be capable of. I'm really torn between the two and will probably want to change my vote, but I'm going for N64. Barely.

Dreddz
04-07-2008, 07:11 PM
The Megadrive would be my personal favourite. Although the best system would be the Neo-Geo. Just a shame that I cant afford to buy more games for it.

Mirage
04-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Super Nintendo.

KentaRawr!
04-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks to whoever added the extra choice, and who included the alternate names. However, I'm pretty sure it was called the Famicom, not the Family Computer. While Famicom stood for Family Computer, Family Computer wasn't actually the name if I remember right. But perhaps I'm wrong.

Edit: Wait a second. The Sega Master System isn't on the VC. Or is it in other regions?

Roto13
04-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Other regions. :P

KentaRawr!
04-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Well darn.

Rase
04-11-2008, 09:54 PM
It's available in the United States now also, though only Wonder Boy is on right now.