PDA

View Full Version : Are you suggestible?

Chemical
04-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Adam Sargant's Online Hypnosis Suggestibility Test (http://www.hypnosisaudiocds.com/hypnosistest/test1.php)

Hypnosis Suggestibility Test Results
Your results are as follows

Arm Levitation=1/4

Eye Closure=2/4

Arm Extension=1/4

Your highest scoring areas are

Eyes Closure
This indicates the ability to make suggestions to yourself and deepen them succesfully and suggests that you would develop a strong ability with self-hypnosis.

The level of your score would indicate that you would respond best to an indirect approach to hypnosis. It may be that you find yourself absorbed and distracted by internal chatter, and that the more indirect approach removes the opportunity for over intellectualisation or disagreement

Tallulah
04-07-2008, 07:13 PM

Arm Levitation=3/4
Eye Closure=1/4
Arm Extension=2/4
Arm Levitation

This indicates that you are susceptible to DIRECT suggestion, such as instructions like "you are feeling increasingly relaxed"
The level of your score would indicate that you are pretty suggestable, and respond well in this area of hypnosis with little or no adaptation needed

Hrmmm.... :mad:

Peegee
04-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Do you "buy" this sort of thing? I don't.

Anyway:

Arm Levitation=1/4

Eye Closure=1/4

Arm Extension=1/4

Arm Levitation

This indicates that you are susceptible to DIRECT suggestion, such as instructions like "you are feeling increasingly relaxed"
Arm Extension

This indicates a strong imagination and the ability to use guided imagery and visualisation within trancework and meditation.
Eyes Closure

This indicates the ability to make suggestion sto yourself and deepen them succesfully and suggests that you would develop a strong ability with self-hypnosis.

The level of your score would indicate that you would respond best to an indirect approach to hypnosis. It may be that you find yourself absorbed and distracted by internal chatter, and that the more indirect approach removes the opportunity for over intellectualisation or disagreement

Heath
04-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Arm Levitation=2/4

Eye Closure=1/4

Arm Extension=1/4

Arm Levitation

The level of your score would indicate that you would respond best to an indirect approach to hypnosis. It may be that you find yourself absorbed and distracted by internal chatter, and that the more indirect approach removes the opportunity for over intellectualisation or disagreement.

Madame Adequate
04-07-2008, 07:21 PM
He couldn't even get my to sit upright and go along with the thing, so I'm going to give him a big fat 0.

scrumpleberry
04-07-2008, 07:24 PM

Arm Levitation=2/4

Eye Closure=1/4

Arm Extension=2/4

Arm Levitation

Arm Extension
This indicates a strong imagination and the ability to use guided imagery and visualisation within trancework and meditation.

I don't much like the idea of hypnosis. I prefer not to be suggested at, thankyouverymuch. I like to be fully aware at all times.

Vikeve
04-07-2008, 09:01 PM
His voice scares me.:(

This is the third time I've tried this test and I can't get far because I keep on thinking he'll say something like, "Now, that you've taken your right hand of your leg... just become aware that... that... there is a monster behind you AAAAAAAARGH!" And then there will be a monster behind me because I'm slightly paranoid and I was just talking about thriller movies with some friends and just talking about them seems to have freaked me out... cuz I'm alone.:shifty:

Nominus Experse
04-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I was so entranced that I walked out the door and bought all of his DVDs.

Jojee
04-07-2008, 09:15 PM
That didn't work at all. xD My hand was so heavy, it wasn't light~ Didn't bother with the other ones. I kept giggling @ the first one.

Aerith's Knight
04-07-2008, 09:24 PM
as every scientist will say: hypnotism is crapola

Arm Levitation=1/4

Eye Closure=1/4

Arm Extension=1/4

was the biggest waste of my time so far.

Shiny
04-07-2008, 10:20 PM
I ended the test after like the fifth time of him saying, "Your hand is getting lighter. Lighter." No it is not. xD

Jessweeee♪
04-08-2008, 12:25 AM
1/4
1/4
2/4

The last one actually worked a little bit :p