PDA

View Full Version : FF IV DS will be released in July

Crossblades
04-07-2008, 09:16 PM
RPGFan News - FFIV DS, Chocobo Dungeon Wii to Ship in July (http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2008/1113.html)

Square Enix will bring the DS version of Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon (Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon Toki wasure no Meikyuu) for Wii to this side of the Pacific this summer.
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon will go on sale in the US on July 8th for $39.99 USD. Final Fantasy IV will ship sometime in July.

ljkkjlcm9
04-07-2008, 09:28 PM
sweetness. Maybe I'll buy this as a birthday present for myself then.

Making it 3-d was one of the few ways they'd get me to play through this game again. Clever Squareenix

THE JACKEL

qwertysaur
04-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Yay!

Takara
04-07-2008, 10:15 PM
MUST GET JOB!

I'll still import the original though, if only for the voices.

Evastio
04-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Nice. :D

Hopefully I'll be getting it.

im_mrbrightside20
04-09-2008, 09:46 PM
this is the final fantasy remake i'm most excited about, because it's my favorite one =D!! i have a completed data on the SNES, PSX, and GBA versions of the game i really want this version for the 3-D and for the fact that there are amazing CG's and voice acting i'm so excited along with ff3 this is going to make the DS even more amazing =D

Blue Harvest
04-10-2008, 11:44 AM
What? NO! It has to come out before the end of may so I don't have to buy it myself! ;_;

Crossblades
04-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Release date announced

IGN: A Legend is Reborn: Final Fantasy IV Comes to Life in Full 3D (http://ds.ign.com/articles/865/865747p1.html)

Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that it will launch a completely re-envisioned Final Fantasy IV for Nintendo DS on July 22, 2008. A new generation of gamers will now have the opportunity to experience a legend reborn.

The team that brought Final Fantasy III to Nintendo DS comes together once again to breathe new life into a classic that broke convention and introduced a wide array of innovations to the RPG genre. With its groundbreaking Active Time Battle (ATB) system and an engrossing, character-driven plot, Final Fantasy IV was a stunning step forward for role-playing games when it was originally released for the Super NES in 1991.

"Final Fantasy IV for DS is a classic revived for the 21st century," said John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix, Inc. "The visual upgrades are remarkable, and the plot has been enhanced with added detail and depth. We hope that fans of the original, as well as players new to the Final Fantasy franchise, will enjoy all that this title has to offer."

Now featuring full 3D graphics, fully-voiced dramatic cutscenes, and added content, Final Fantasy IV for DS is a must-play for those looking to jump into the best-selling RPG franchise in the world.

STORY

Four elemental Crystals, each possessing awesome power, lie scattered throughout the realm. However, men are quick to covet things which offer strength, and easily corrupted by the might which they possess...

Seduced by the promised power of the Crystals, the kingdom of Baron begins employing unprovoked force to seize them from peaceful nations. The dark knight Cecil - Lord Captain of Baron's elite force, the Red Wings - is ordered by his king to obtain the Crystals, but soon begins to question the monarch's motives. Stricken with grief at his own actions, yet burdened by his loyalty to his country and his personal sense of honor, Cecil at last decides to turn from the path of darkness and destruction.

Enraged, the king accuses him of disloyalty, strips Cecil of his command, and sends him off to slay a mysterious beast that lurks in the nearby Valley of Mist. Cecil embarks on a fateful journey that will bring trials, betrayals, friendship, loss and self-discovery. Can Cecil open his eyes and become the man of honor that he must be?

FEATURES

Witness the dramatic and thrilling story of this mythical game world brought to life through astounding 3D graphics, gorgeous CG cutscenes and top-notch voice acting

Create a versatile party using the all-new Augment System - a dynamic system that allows the player to assign special abilities to characters

Dive into the first RPG to incorporate the innovative Active Time Battle system, now further enhanced and refined for the Nintendo DS

Listen to a beautifully remixed score by world-renowned composer Nobuo Uematsu that breathes new life into some of the most beloved Final Fantasy themes

Navigate effortlessly through the game with Nintendo DS Touch Screen functionality and stylus-driven controls while receiving vital assistance via the dual-screen presentation

Train and customize Whytkin by playing a variety of mini-games and challenge another player to head-to-head battle via local wireless connection

Final Fantasy IV is rated is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at Entertainment Software Rating Board (http://www.esrb.org) for more information about ratings. Final Fantasy IV will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $39.99(USD). The official website can be found at FINAL FANTASY IV | SQUARE ENIX (http://na.square-enix.com/ff4/)

About Square Enix Co., Ltd. and Square Enix, Inc.

Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises - Final Fantasy, which has sold over 80 million units worldwide, and Dragon Quest, which has sold over 43 million units worldwide - under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.

Square Enix, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Co., Ltd. with offices in Los Angeles, California. It handles operations in North America, including development, localization, marketing, and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix can be found on the Internet at SQUARE ENIX Global (http://www.square-enix.com).

Bahamut2000X
04-13-2008, 04:45 PM
This news both titillates and excites me.

Goldenboko
04-13-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm definitely going to consider buying this :D

Bahamut2000X
04-13-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm definitely going to consider buying this :D

Heath
04-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Excellent stuff. Definitely on my to buy list. Can't wait. But alas, I'm conflicted. Should I buy this or the new Advance Wars game first? Only time (or me getting a better job) shall tell!

NeoCracker
04-13-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm definitely going to consider buying steal this :D

Yar
04-14-2008, 02:39 AM
As long as this gets them to begin working on V and VI, I'll be excited.

Momiji
04-14-2008, 03:58 AM
This is very exciting news. I can't wait!

Roogle
04-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Thank you for posting the release date, Crossblades. I look forward to picking up this game in the month of my birthday.

ljkkjlcm9
04-14-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm most interested in this assigning special abilities thing

And this is also the month of MY birthday! (3 days before actually)

THE JACKEL

Evastio
05-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Sheesh, I really have to resist the urge to post a link to the FFIV DS OST. :sweat:

I managed to find it and I must say it's really awesome. :D

Roogle
05-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Sheesh, I really have to resist the urge to post a link to the FFIV DS OST. :sweat:

What are your impressions of the soundtrack?

Can you post some more information about the soundtrack? What are your impressions of the soundtrack? Did Nobuo Uematsu remix the soundtrack himself? Are most of the tracks old or new?

Jowy
05-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Thank you for posting the release date, Crossblades. I look forward to picking up this game in the month of my birthday.

Two days after my 22nd birthday, on the 22nd.

WEIRD!

Takara
05-07-2008, 01:58 PM

Can you post some more information about the soundtrack? What are your impressions of the soundtrack? Did Nobuo Uematsu remix the soundtrack himself? Are most of the tracks old or new?

Nobuo didn'te remix the soundtrack himself. The arrangements were done by Junya Nakano and Kenichiro Fukui.

Personally, I liked the DS OST. It has a very prominent Celtic Moon feel to it.

If something diappointed me, it's some of the instrumentation that was chosen. Compared to the OST for FFIII DS, some of the instruments just scream "SYNTHETIZERS LOL". The brass, in particular.

One would think that in 2008, we wouldn't have computer-generated music that sounded like something bad that came out of the 80's. As a brass player, the fake brass sound that was used really made me twitch.

Evastio
05-08-2008, 09:54 PM
The FFIV DS OST was really nicely remixed. I personally find the synthesized music to be quite awesome. Having the music be partly orchestrated yet partly synthesized made the music feel really upgraded from the original FFIV yet let it still felt like it's still from the original FFIV. I especially like the Within the Giant and the Underworld World Map Music since they're basically still feel like they're straight from the FFIV SNES version yet they're vastly improved. Also, they haven't added any new songs (unless the site I got the OST from didn't have them).

So um, why isn't linking to OST's allowed?

Takara
05-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Copyrights, why else?

KoShiatar
05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
http://static.blogo.it/gamesblog/final-fantasy-iv-ds/FFIV_07.jpg
I love how Cecil still sleeps in full Dark Knight armour.

Roogle
05-09-2008, 08:09 PM
So um, why isn't linking to OST's allowed?

Eyes on Final Fantasy used to offer downloads of the Final Fantasy series' soundtracks. As a result, we received a Cease and Desist letter from SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.

Blue Harvest
05-15-2008, 01:27 PM
This thread inspired me to go and download some of the soundtrack and I must say it's a lot better than the original. But now I want the game even more ;_;

Karellen
05-31-2008, 06:35 AM
Video of some english voice acting (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34660.html).

It's hilarious how hard Kain's VA (sounds like Crispin Freeman) is trying to sound like a badass.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-31-2008, 07:36 AM
He sounds fifty years old. What a misjudgment. Everyone else sounds fine, though.

Elpizo
05-31-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm still thorn about this game. One part of me screams that it's not that great, another part of me screams to hold off my final judgement until I've played the english version.

The voices seem nice though, except for Kain, way too deep. I like Cecil's english voice more than his Japanese one. KluYa sounds nice, too.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-31-2008, 08:58 AM
Cecil's voice is pretty much the exact English equivalent of his Japanese one.

Elpizo
05-31-2008, 12:01 PM
True, but it sounds a tiny little bit more manly. =p

Gogo
05-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Yay! Now I've got proof it's pronounced Seh-sill and not See-sill.

Lewa2321
06-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Same, except I'd always thought the stress on the word was on the Cil (sill), not the Ce (Seh). Guess I was wrong.