PDA

View Full Version : Weird brain

Madame Adequate
04-08-2008, 10:08 PM
I have a brain that works in strange ways. I'm checking out Armored Core 4 after it was mentioned in a Gen. Gaming thread, and I was heading over to Amazon to look at prices. Rather than typing the name out, I was thinking of how to find it through clicking links.

This led me to thinking: When I'm walking someplace, if I come across a road I need to cross, if it's not convenient for me the first instinct I have is to wish I could teleport. It usually takes me some seconds to realize that if I could teleport, I would use it for more than crossing the road. :p

Upright gentlechaps and yon faire maidens of Eyeson, does your brain work in strange ways sometimes? Tell me all about it, so that when this abomination :snowman: devours your brains to gain your knowledge, I it shall know what to watch out for.

And despite making this thread, I'm still not going to type "Armored Core 4" into the search bar, but instead spend ages clicking to the right place. :p

Rantz
04-08-2008, 11:20 PM
I spontaneously sat down next to an old foreign looking man on the bus today, despite there being empty seats elsewhere. I spent the whole trip thinking about how he must be absolutely thrilled that I sat down with him because he's so old and lonely and noone wants to go near him. I also prepared a reply for the event that he praised me for this entirely altruistic act of charity.

Dynast-Kid
04-08-2008, 11:22 PM
I spontaneously sat down next to an old foreign looking man on the bus today, despite there being empty seats elsewhere. I spent the whole trip thinking about how he must be absolutely thrilled that I sat down with him because he's so old and lonely and noone wants to go near him. I also prepared a reply for the event that he praised me for this entirely altruistic act of charity.

So what happened!?

Quindiana Jones
04-08-2008, 11:30 PM
My God yes, it does.

Rantz
04-08-2008, 11:51 PM

So what happened!?

He walked out on me :mad2: Another promising relationship in shatters.

Quindiana Jones
04-08-2008, 11:54 PM
I'd never walk out on you, Rantz. Except to shower. Though I wouldn't complain if you popped in too.

Dynast-Kid
04-09-2008, 12:00 AM

So what happened!?

Aww! What an old jerk!

I'd never walk out on you, Rantz. Except to shower. Though I wouldn't complain if you popped in too.

Vids or GTFO.

Quindiana Jones
04-09-2008, 12:02 AM

Aww! What an old jerk!

That's actually what Rantz was hoping for. :jokey:

Yamaneko
04-09-2008, 12:32 AM
When I want to cross the street I'll wait for the light to change or j-walk if it's not too busy.

WOW WHAT A WEIRD BRAIN I HAVE.

Madame Adequate
04-09-2008, 12:46 AM
When I want to cross the street I'll wait for the light to change or j-walk if it's not too busy.

WOW WHAT A WEIRD BRAIN I HAVE.

ZOMG NO WAI I DO THAT TOO! OMFG! But then, I'm capable of both performing an action and holding a thought in my head at the same time, believe it or not.

Harle: You are dead to me. :(

And I got to AC4 through mouse alone :kaoyatta:

Quindiana Jones
04-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Technically, that makes you a necrophile.

Is that the correct term for one who enjoys necrophilia? I assume so, but spellcheck is yelling at me.

blackmage_nuke
04-09-2008, 01:12 AM
I thought it was necrophiliac

Im always planning out hypothetical conversations

XxSephirothxX
04-09-2008, 01:17 AM
Whenever I have to make a decision, I just ask myself: "What would Patrick Bateman do?"

Yamaneko
04-09-2008, 01:26 AM
Whenever I have to make a decision, I just ask myself: "What would Patrick Bateman do?"
Hell yeah.

XxSephirothxX
04-09-2008, 01:33 AM
That's a nice suit you've got on, Yams.

Yamaneko
04-09-2008, 01:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIvd3zzu4Y

Freya
04-09-2008, 04:15 AM
MILF I think about that teleporting too xD but I think about it when i'm driving to town but that's cause I have such a long drive.

I think about crazy situations for world wars to start, or think of possible scenarios to take over the world. I have a plan with sporks. ^.^

escobert
04-09-2008, 05:59 AM
I wish I could teleport. That's be super nice.
I also count things nonstop. I dunno why.

Araciel
04-09-2008, 06:06 AM

Is that the correct term for one who enjoys necrophilia? I assume so, but spellcheck is yelling at me.

Your spellcheck, like most others, doesn't include such things :P

Also, when my brain DOES function, I would say it generally functions what could be considered normal. It's the infrequency of the functioning part that bothers me.

Kes
04-09-2008, 06:17 AM
I thought it was necrophiliac

Im always planning out hypothetical conversations

Your spellcheck, like most others, doesn't include such things :P

My spell check doesn't accept necrophile, necrophiliac or necrophilist. My dictionary, however, says they are all actual words. I was going to write acceptable, but that's not so true.

My brain likes eliminating letters from words, so I never read outloud or there's a good chance I'm going to change the word oxygen to oxen.*

*This never happened while trying to read a poem out loud in class. Nor did the teacher tell me to shut up and get someone else to read.

Araciel
04-09-2008, 06:25 AM
Reminds me of 7th grade when I read 'organism' as 'orgasm' to the class.

Madame Adequate
04-09-2008, 02:06 PM
I wish I could teleport. That's be super nice.
I also count things nonstop. I dunno why.

When I see numbers I have to play with them. For instance if the timer on my DVD player says "37:52" I'd do 3 + 7 and 5 x 2 so that I get numbers that end with zero for both sides. Also in that example a nice linear progression; 10, 20. xD