PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on Final Fantasy Goes PostSecret

Rye
04-09-2008, 04:21 AM
For those who don't know, Post Secret is a website in which people mail their anonymous post cards in with a secret, whether it be a light sweet one, or a serious one. They get posted on the website. Some people send in text secrets by email. I've decided that we should try it for EoFF. :bigsmile:

Here are the rules:

:ichigo: You are to send me a text confession or a post card that you made on photoshop or a picture of a real one you made that contains a secret or confession. You can look on PostSecret.com to see the type of things that are up on there, to give you an idea.

:ichigo: Because this is a forum, it's not to be insulting, or have profanity or bad images. Just keep it appropriate to EoFF, guys, it's common sense. Anything that is against EoFF rules will be censored or just plain not posted.

:ichigo: You can send it via PM if you feel comfortable with that. If you're shy/worried, you can send it to my email (ry.rikkuyuna89 AT gmail.com), and I will promise not to look up your email address, so that it is secret. Though I'd recommend using an email you don't use for EoFF. That way it can be a real anonymous submission! Either way is perfectly fine.

---

Once I have a decent amount of submission, I shall post them up. Remember, these are meant to be ANONYMOUS, so please don't make them in a way that you can be identified right away? That'll just ruin the fun! SECRET!

Have fun, guys. :bigsmile:

Freya
04-09-2008, 04:26 AM
Oh what a great idea rye! Now I just have to think of a confession o.o

The Unknown Guru
04-09-2008, 04:50 AM
Wait... What's the point of this?

Psychotic
04-09-2008, 05:32 AM
Wait... What's the point of this?
Have fun, guys. :bigsmile:

rubah
04-09-2008, 05:34 AM
Frank whatshisname gave a presentation on post secret at my uni last semester. The best part was when he showed different secrets and when he talked about individually reading every one that was mailed to him and having them pile up in their homes.

I've tried to make myself submit a postsecret secret before but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'd be afraid in such a small and close environment like eoff that mine would be instantly recognizable.

Aerith's Knight
04-09-2008, 05:37 AM
I can honestly say i have no secrets.. id have to ask you guys to give me an example to tell :p

Rye
04-09-2008, 11:16 AM
You guys are Dr. No Funs. ;; It doesn't have to be a secret so serious and scandalous like the time you stole a baby or caught your Mom with the milk man. And it can be a confession as well, or an idea, or opinion. Just one you don't readily talk about on here. Two of my favorite Post Secret secrets (of the top of my head):

"I stole your duck and took it with me to San Francisco"
"I'm not a bad person... I love people... but I kind of think Hitler is sexy!"

See? Easy. Go for it. <3 I will be submitting a secret. I already got one post card and it's a really good one! Come on!

NeoCracker
04-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Well I can't think of anything.

I don't really keep secrets from people. :(

Rye
04-09-2008, 11:28 AM
It honestly doesn't even have to be a secret. In Post Secret not all of the post cards are "Secretly, I wish..." or "Secretly, I did..."

Some of them are thank yous, recollections on good times, etc. That's why I said confessional/secret. Everyone has THOSE! I would really check out the website to see what I mean.

Loony BoB
04-09-2008, 11:35 AM
To make this easier and more secret, it might be a nice idea to create an email that everyone can send from instead of having everyone start making their own individual ones.

It could be open to abuse, but at the same time I don't think it should come to that, and it's not like they can do much damage with it that they couldn't do with their individual secret email anyway.

NeoCracker
04-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Yes Rye, I know already.

But I have this thing about being difficult. :p

It's like sex to me.

Rantz
04-09-2008, 11:57 AM
To make this easier and more secret, it might be a nice idea to create an email that everyone can send from instead of having everyone start making their own individual ones.

It could be open to abuse, but at the same time I don't think it should come to that, and it's not like they can do much damage with it that they couldn't do with their individual secret email anyway.

eoff.ps@gmail.com is now available for use with the password lolsecret. For those unfamiliar to Gmail, go to www.gmail.com and log in with the user name eoff.ps and the above password. Remember to delete your sent messages to prevent them from being read!

Rye
04-09-2008, 11:57 AM

That's an excellent idea! :bigsmile: I'll get on it after school.

I got another real good Post Secret. Keep them coming, guys!

Going to school now. I expect like, 5 bajillion secrets! >:[

Jessweeee♪
04-09-2008, 02:39 PM
This looks fun :spin:

Madame Adequate
04-09-2008, 03:06 PM
I eagerly await this thread to get going :)

Momiji
04-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Yeah, this sounds like fun. :D

Rye
04-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks a ton, Rantz! I'm going to check everything and see if we have enough submission for me to post.

Do you guys want to me post the 7 I have now as examples of good ones, or shall I wait until I get a decent amount (15-ish?) until I post them? I'm really eager to show these all to you, so you get ideas and inspiration. They're really good!

If a CK could sticky this (is it against the rules of the competition?), my smile would be more radiant than Quina's bald scalp glinting in the summer sun. :bigsmile:

Madame Adequate
04-09-2008, 06:46 PM
I think you should post them now! Some people might not be quite sure what to do, and if these are good examples, it'd help them.

Rantz
04-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Go for it :)

Kes
04-09-2008, 06:57 PM
I have to go to class in about five minutes, but if you could get it up before then, I'd be incredibly happy. That way I could walk to class with a smile on my face and a head full of secrets!

Postscript: I thought this thread was a really fantastic idea.

Rye
04-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Aw, thanks a bunch, guys! I'm afraid I can't get it up that fast, but I'll do the fastest I can. <3

Old Manus
04-09-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm afraid I can't get it up that fastI think the EoFF male community can sympathise with you there.

Kes
04-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Well, I'll just have something to look forward to then. ^_^

Jess
04-09-2008, 07:11 PM
This is a wonderful idea, Rye. I look forward to seeing the first lot of secrets! :jess:

Rye
04-09-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm afraid I can't get it up that fastI think the EoFF male community can sympathise with you there.

I don't think the majority EoFF male community can get it up at all, as they're all old 80 year old perverts. <3

----------

Anyway, here is our bunch of submissions. The image ones are first. Text ones come next.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/aeris.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/postsecrettoes.png

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/postsecret.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/eoff_ps.jpg

---

So I just tell you, right?

I am a compulsive liar, and I am constantly lying about myself on the boards. Yup. Sorry.

---

In school I sometimes pretend I don't understand the more complex lessons because my friends don't, and I don't want to make them feel stupid.

---

I really do love all of you. Except those of you that I've already said I hated. In that case, I hate you. But who do I love and who do I hate? I suppose you'll never know. :heart:

---

That's all of them guys. Get the idea. <3 Really fantastic submissions guys, keep them all coming. The next update will be a bigger one, hopefully a 15-20 submission one. But that depends on you, guys!

SUBMIT YOUR SECRETS/CONFESSIONALS BY PM TO ME OR BY EMAIL TO EOFF.PS@GMAIL.COM (password: lolsecret , thanks Rantz <3)

Aerith's Knight
04-09-2008, 07:36 PM
hmm.. i should do a picture one.. but what do i confess? u__u

Flying Mullet
04-09-2008, 07:46 PM
* highly approves of this thread *

Good job, Rye! :bigsmile:

Miriel
04-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Dude. These are awesome. :up:

I love the first one especially.

I would submit one, but I can't think of anything cute or interesting to submit!

Peegee
04-09-2008, 08:20 PM
PG demands moar! MOAR!

No really, maybe people are afraid to admit stuff. You can keep your submissions non-eoff related, and so it becomes more anonymous?

Rye
04-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Of course! Like you can see in the ones above, it can be about ANYTHING. I honestly have no clue who submitted any of these, except for the people who PM'd them to me. I'm sure people feel the same, because a lot them are only vaguely about the forum or about things completely outside of it. :jess:

Madame Adequate
04-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Those are all good! The kid one is very cute and the toe one is just... like... I dunno exactly, but it's so awesome. I'm sorry you were sad, freakish-foot loving person.

Heath
04-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Great idea, Rye. Although I'm rather boring and haven't got anything to confess (until I get found out, naturally). I like the idea of the website as it's a really clever way to go about sending things around.

Rye
04-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I got about 5 more submissions! :bigsmile:

I dunno whether I can post one of them though, because one of them was just of a fat old lady calling me fat, and that's technically "insulting." But it made me laugh so I'll just post it anyway for you guys. ;)

Aerith's Knight
04-09-2008, 09:10 PM
nobody will know which one is mine :shifty:

Madame Adequate
04-09-2008, 09:12 PM
nobody will know which one is mine :shifty:

Well we know you've sent one now, so that cuts it down a bit :p

@ insulting person. You're mean. Don't be mean. :(

Miriel
04-09-2008, 09:15 PM
I got about 5 more submissions! :bigsmile:

I dunno whether I can post one of them though, because one of them was just of a fat old lady calling me fat, and that's technically "insulting." But it made me laugh so I'll just post it anyway for you guys. ;)

That is not cool. I say you just toss that one. No point in posting something like that. But please post the rest, I want to see!

Rye
04-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I think I may just do that, because I don't want to set a bad example of what ends up getting posted. xD

But now I have 5, discarding that one. I would like at least 10 before I most another batch up. I'm going to be out with my friends tonight, so when I get back, hopefully, I'll have a good 15 to post for y'all. :jess:

Rye
04-10-2008, 03:12 AM
Sorry for the double post. Here is the new batch, y'all. <3

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/ffffff.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/monday.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/eoffps.jpg

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/54b43daa-1.png

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/moon.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/abc123.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/f_moonphasem_63f0c77.png

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/happy1.jpg

------

I tend to be nice to girls, even if im not interested, and though i know i should stop talking like that after a while, i never do, which resulted in a inordinate amount of stalkers.

Oh and i think all the girls on eoff are really pretty :bigsmile:

------

"you don't harass a person in a wheel chair. you don't tell a person with diabetes that they're "faking it.".. so why do people do that about depression?"
-----

"I pretend to like my parents because they give me money when I'm nice to them."

----

Keep it up, guys. <3 Keep it appropriate and keep it non-insulting. As much as Rye's cheeks blush with the glee of a just married bride when someone makes light about the fact that she has body image problems, you really don't need to flatter her. Post something about yourself. :bigsmile:

Aerith's Knight
04-10-2008, 03:28 AM
lawl at the cat one

I hope to kami that thats a guy

NeoCracker
04-10-2008, 03:38 AM
I'd just like to point out, if your love is thousands of miles away from you, likely he's looking at the sun while you're looking at the moon. :p

Momiji
04-10-2008, 03:39 AM
I wonder who did the Hazuki one. It's totally adorable, despite the fact it states the obvious.

Shlup
04-10-2008, 04:28 AM
I created SimSecret (http://community.livejournal.com/simsecret) and it's going well, so I don't see why an EoFFSecret wouldn't work. Sounds fun!

The secrets so far are neat.

Yamaneko
04-10-2008, 04:35 AM
Eyes on Final Fantasy Goes to College

Sorry, what?

Del Murder
04-10-2008, 05:26 AM
Eyes on Final Fantasy Saves Christmas

We're doing Ernest movies, right?

Yamaneko
04-10-2008, 05:29 AM
Have you ever been to the Cerritos Auto Square?

Del Murder
04-10-2008, 05:31 AM
No. You lookin to get a deal on a Camry or something?

Yamaneko
04-10-2008, 05:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGUOlbx-s08

Linus
04-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Wow, an admin attempt at thread derail. Interesting.

I like postsecret. I sent something in one time, so I don't see why I couldn't give this a shot as well.

Spuuky
04-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Postsecret is the most depressing website in the universe. Those people make me desperately loathe humans. They remind me of everything that is wrong with the world.

The most depressing thing is probably that people find it "inspirational."

Flying Mullet
04-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Wow, what an interesting spread of submissions. Some of them made me chuckle and others made me sad.

Blue Harvest
04-10-2008, 03:08 PM
I'd do this but I have no secrets I'm willing to share :P

Madame Adequate
04-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Postsecret is the most depressing website in the universe. Those people make me desperately loathe humans. They remind me of everything that is wrong with the world.

I also hate that Humans aren't perfect beings of pure divinity who live in happy rainbow land and solve every social ill within ten minutes of it arising with no harm done to innocents.

Aerith's Knight
04-10-2008, 05:30 PM
people wouldnt have trouble finding mine.. id be the most perverted one :)

Rye
04-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Post Secret can depress me sometimes. But sometimes it does uplift me. I really depends on the batch. This past batch on the real PS made me really sad and scared, especially the one from the woman who wanted to kidnap a baby because she lost hers. I think it's interesting and a wonderful site overall though.

I'm getting some really good submissions now. :jess: Keep them coming guys.

NeoCracker
04-10-2008, 06:52 PM

I also hate that Humans aren't perfect beings of pure divinity who live in happy rainbow land and solve every social ill within ten minutes of it arising with no harm done to innocents.

I say we create our own perfect race of humans capable of doing this!

We start by destroying those who fit the Criteria less then others.

*Prepares the anti-republican and Hillary March*

Spuuky
04-11-2008, 04:27 AM

I love that most of those people will only admit their faults in anonymous notes without facing any actual consequences. I love that they send in "secrets" instead of improving their lives. I love that people can post things like "I can't wait for my sister to leave for work every day, so that I can have sex with her boyfriend and all her children" and people will say "yeah, I can relate to that."

Sure, there are a lot of harmless/meaningless/happy secrets, but they are outweighed by the constant reminders of the depraved, evil nature of people in general.

Jojee
04-11-2008, 04:34 AM
I tend to be nice to girls, even if im not interested, and though i know i should stop talking like that after a while, i never do, which resulted in a inordinate amount of stalkers.

Oh and i think all the girls on eoff are really pretty :bigsmile: lol AK it's not really anonymous if it's obvious who you are :p

These are entertaining!

Aerith's Knight
04-11-2008, 04:40 AM
I deny all accusations :shifty:

Spuuky
04-11-2008, 07:27 AM
PS: I agree with that Aeris secret. That's one of the main reasons I like the Classic banner so much. Thank you, Classic Banner Maker. (Leeza, unless I've forgotten)

Calliope
04-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Yes, it's Leeza. I'd also like to point out that when Kelly redesigned the front site (the new blue banner that hasn't been transfered to the forums), she took Aeris out, but Daniel Towns instructed her to put her back in, because she was "iconic".

Loony BoB
04-11-2008, 10:33 AM
And it is. And seriously, if we wanted it there just for "OMG BOOBS" then we would have used someone a lot more buxom than Aeris, who shows little skin and is relatively flat. Some people are too easily offended about the tiniest things which aren't even intended to be seen that way, so eh. But Aeris stood out in the EoFF 2005 banner and became 'part of EoFF' in that way, and hence I requested it stay in. Same goes for Cloud riding the chocobo, but I guess people don't really freak out about that and try to point fingers over it.

Personally, though, I would be more than happy with a massive banner made up of Rinoa's chest area. I mean, hey, she wears blue!

Calliope
04-11-2008, 10:59 AM
So I'm supposed to thank you that I get to stare at Aeris instead of Rinoa?

Loony BoB
04-11-2008, 11:15 AM
No, you're supposed to complain about the lack of cleavage in Aeris' picture, demanding we have someone more like Tifa instead.

EDIT: Maybe Lulu. Isn't there a time in FFX where it's just a gratuitious cleavage-shot?

Spuuky
04-11-2008, 11:18 AM
But we could just shift Aeris down slightly and see her face instead of her breasts. Is that so much to ask? It's not even a tasteful or flattering shot of her.

Loony BoB
04-11-2008, 11:32 AM
I think her face is ugly, so that shot is rather flattering. But if you really want, go make a thread in feedback about it. I think we should probably let this thread go back on topic now. :p

Miriel
04-11-2008, 11:50 AM
Some people are too easily offended about the tiniest things which aren't even intended to be seen that way, so eh.
See, this is probably why the person sent in the post secret annoymously rather than posting about it in feedback or something. So they wouldn't have people giving them crap for their opinion.

Rye, post mas please!

Loony BoB
04-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Some people are too easily offended about the tiniest things which aren't even intended to be seen that way, so eh.
See, this is probably why the person sent in the post secret annoymously rather than posting about it in feedback or something. So they wouldn't have people giving them crap for their opinion.
I'm not giving them crap any more than they are giving me crap. We're just trading opinions.

Speaking of opinions, my opinion of PostSecret is similar to Rye's. They're interesting but they can be sad on a lot of occasions, too. I prefer the ones that aren't thoroughly disturbing or depressing, personally. But if people get a bit of therapy out of posting their secrets anonymously then I don't see a problem. Whatever makes people feel better shouldn't hurt.

Spuuky
04-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Just so we're clear, I am the one giving you crap about this, not whoever posted that secret. They are specifically avoiding giving you crap about it.

Generally, I guess people can feel threatened by the possibility of criticism, which is why they keep these things secret, but isn't keeping something secret like this an acknowledgment that you have already internalized that potential criticism? It seems like you can't be hurt any more by vocalizing the secret than you can by just assuming those kinds of reactions. Maybe people hold some tiny degree of hope that they will be proven wrong.

I also believe that everyone who posts there secretly wants a relevant person they know to find the secret without them having to actually tell them.

Jessweeee♪
04-11-2008, 02:38 PM
No, you're supposed to complain about the lack of cleavage in Aeris' picture, demanding we have someone more like Tifa instead.

EDIT: Maybe Lulu. Isn't there a time in FFX where it's just a gratuitious cleavage-shot?

Like her victory pose. She wins a lot of battles as the black mage, too xD

Aerith's Knight
04-11-2008, 03:21 PM
And it is. And seriously, if we wanted it there just for "OMG BOOBS" then we would have used someone a lot more buxom than Aeris, who shows little skin and is relatively flat. Some people are too easily offended about the tiniest things which aren't even intended to be seen that way, so eh. But Aeris stood out in the EoFF 2005 banner and became 'part of EoFF' in that way, and hence I requested it stay in. Same goes for Cloud riding the chocobo, but I guess people don't really freak out about that and try to point fingers over it.

Personally, though, I would be more than happy with a massive banner made up of Rinoa's chest area. I mean, hey, she wears blue!

how could you bob? :whimper:

and i respected you! :weep:

Loony BoB
04-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Just because you have a high opinion of her doesn't make what I said any less factual. xD

Aerith's Knight
04-11-2008, 06:07 PM
at least her boobs arent 50% of her bodyweight xD

and she's still hot :razz:

Rye
04-11-2008, 06:55 PM
More secrets for y'all:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/dance.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/f_picklesm_e7d1db5.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/66056496aw5.png

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/faxuvt.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/dad.png

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/death-post-secret.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/happyfamily.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/starbucks.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/comehomesoldier.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/5.jpg

---

i'm terrifed of the person i might become if i stay here.

---

"i collect all the information i can (pics, real names, interests) of eoff posters so that if i ever meet them in real life i will fit in and become the best of friends!"

-------------------------------

This is probably one of my favorite batches yet. Keep them coming. Send them by PM or by email to ry.rikkuyuna89@gmail.com through your eoff.ps@gmail.com.

Aerith's Knight
04-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Rye = awsomesauce =)

Miriel
04-11-2008, 09:27 PM
"i collect all the information i can (pics, real names, interests) of eoff posters so that if i ever meet them in real life i will fit in and become the best of friends!"

Aww, that's kinda cute.

Flying Mullet
04-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Another excellent round. :)

Rye
04-11-2008, 09:48 PM

Aww, that's kinda cute.

I know. xD That's one of my favorite confessions, it's so cute.

Aerith's Knight
04-11-2008, 09:55 PM

Aww, that's kinda cute.

I know. xD That's one of my favorite confessions, it's so cute.

and a little creepy :sweat:

reminds me of stalkers.. but then online and with good intentions..

Quindiana Jones
04-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Would just stating my love for Rantzien and my hatred for The Panda Man (Psychotic) make mine un-anonymous? :(

If not, I'd like to say that, please, Miss Rye. :bigsmile:

fire_of_avalon
04-11-2008, 10:40 PM
But we could just shift Aeris down slightly and see her face instead of her breasts. Is that so much to ask? It's not even a tasteful or flattering shot of her.

At the time the banner was made, FFVII: AC hadn't been released and the above was the only available image of Aerith from the movie.

Why they don't change it now? Buh?

rubah
04-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Because it's "iconic"

Quindiana Jones
04-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Because it's "erotic"

Parker
04-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Anyone moaning about the Aeris banner should just switch to fluffy puff, which rules.

Keep the confessions coming, they rule!

Rye
04-12-2008, 10:38 PM
I've gotten ONE new submission. My heart is bleeding... y'all need to send more postcards in. ;____;

ljkkjlcm9
04-13-2008, 12:41 AM
I've gotten ONE new submission. My heart is bleeding... y'all need to send more postcards in. ;____;

Well let's think about it for a bit. There are only so many regulars, and out of them, only so many that would submit secrets. Out of those, how many do you think have more than 1?

it's interesting stuff, but I don't suspect it will stay alive very long as a thread

THE JACKEL

Rye
04-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Anyone who has only one "confessional/secret", even those they'd feel comfortable sharing here, can't possibly be human.

I've put in quite a few secrets so far. And I wasn't scraping the barrel either. Some people have put in multiple submissions at once. Everyone has many things they could submit. I think it's just a weekend slow down.

Rye
04-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Smaller than I hoped, but I like these! Send more!

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/LOVEAKARIA.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/man.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/kiss.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/alonedifferent.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/postsecretscopy.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/greenland.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/postsecret2.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/postcard.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/us.jpg

---

This thread feels somehow voyeuristic,

yet

it is

oddly compelling.

---

As always, send in your submissions by PM to Rye or by email to ry.rikkuyuna89@gmail.com through eoff.ps@gmail.com

Big D
04-14-2008, 02:15 AM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/man.jpg
I freaking knew it. I've long suspected that this was the case for a lot of people, but if this 'confession' is serious, then it suggests my suspicions weren't just the result of cynicism.

Rye
04-14-2008, 04:03 AM
That one is really interesting, probably the most interesting confessional I've gotten so far. I like it!

Aerith's Knight
04-14-2008, 06:13 AM
indeed, i might know a few people that it applies to.

Spuuky
04-14-2008, 06:49 AM
Totally posted by a guy to ruin lives.

Disco Potato
04-14-2008, 06:49 AM
Awww, the fishing one is so cute :kaoclove:

Miriel
04-14-2008, 07:41 AM
I'm kinda amazed that people can relate to that "I like it when you yell at me" post secret. I honestly can't fathom how anyone would, in any way shape or form, enjoy being verbally abused. But hey, whatever floats your boat. Definitely an interesting post secret. I could see that one appearing on the real Post Secret site.

I also think the fishing one is super cute.

Big D
04-14-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm kinda amazed that people can relate to that "I like it when you yell at me" post secret. I honestly can't fathom how anyone would, in any way shape or form, enjoy being verbally abused.It's not that I can relate to it, but I have known far too many women who enjoy being treated like :skull::skull::skull::skull: by guys, even when they pretended to protest. Bloody depressing actually.

Spuuky
04-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Or maybe it's just natural selection at work. Guys love treating girls like crap, so girls who like being treated like crap are superior to other girls in an evolutionary sense.

Rye
04-14-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm kinda amazed that people can relate to that "I like it when you yell at me" post secret. I honestly can't fathom how anyone would, in any way shape or form, enjoy being verbally abused. But hey, whatever floats your boat. Definitely an interesting post secret. I could see that one appearing on the real Post Secret site.

I also think the fishing one is super cute.

I actually can't really relate to it, but I like that I'm being sent in cards that are so interesting and, as you said, could definitely appear on the real post secret website. :jess:

Aerith's Knight
04-14-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm kinda amazed that people can relate to that "I like it when you yell at me" post secret. I honestly can't fathom how anyone would, in any way shape or form, enjoy being verbally abused.It's not that I can relate to it, but I have known far too many women who enjoy being treated like :skull::skull::skull::skull: by guys, even when they pretended to protest. Bloody depressing actually.

couldnt agree more.

Peegee
04-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Or maybe it's just natural selection at work. Guys love treating girls like crap, so girls who like being treated like crap are superior to other girls in an evolutionary sense.

Okay now you're depressing me.

Miriel
04-14-2008, 07:07 PM

couldnt agree more.

Oh really? Because I know a lot of women. We have girl chats. We talk about these things. And although I have met women who are in bad relationships and refuse to leave, I doubt any of them refuse to leave because they RESPECT the guy for being abusive. Self-esteem issues, fear, laziness, when it's good - it's really good, loneliness, those are all reasons girls stay in relationships with guys who are buttheads. But staying out of respect? Um, yeah, somehow I don't think that it's feasible that this could possibly apply to "a lot of people". I'm betting it applies to very few people.

Peegee
04-14-2008, 07:26 PM
I can assure you I stayed in my last relationship not because I respected her for treating me like trash but for all sorts of other 'psychological' reasons like loss aversion and self esteem / experience issues.

However it's not impossible for a woman to seek men who treat them with disrespect. It happens too often for me to not just write it off as say, psychological problems or some other scapegoat.

Rye
04-17-2008, 12:57 AM
6 new post cards. I'm waiting for a few more submissions, then they go up!

Flying Mullet
04-17-2008, 01:03 AM
Very cool. I'm looking forward to them.

Rye
04-17-2008, 01:57 AM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/eoff.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/2.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/newmen.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/rehabgv5.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/girl.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/postsecrets3.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/breakupry7.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/powerlinescopyvi0.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/CHECKOUT.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/1.jpg

Freya
04-17-2008, 01:59 AM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/CHECKOUT.jpg

OIE. I so do that too xD minus the girls that is

That was a good batch of secrets!

Psychotic
04-17-2008, 02:10 AM
I like the acrobats one. When I'm in a car I like to imagine having a big saw sticking out the side of it, chopping everything down. Either that or some super human free running guy jumping and swinging on every little object.

oddler
04-17-2008, 02:17 AM
I like the acrobats one. When I'm in a car I like to imagine having a big saw sticking out the side of it, chopping everything down. Either that or some super human free running guy jumping and swinging on every little object.

That's what made riding the bus to and from school tolerable for me.

Dolentrean
04-17-2008, 02:33 AM
My evil plan is coming to fruition!

The Unknown Guru
04-17-2008, 03:28 AM
I'm too lazy to send anything in. Someone inspire me.

Jessweeee♪
04-17-2008, 03:39 AM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/powerlinescopyvi0.jpg

I like this one xD

fire_of_avalon
04-17-2008, 04:49 AM

Holy crap, y'all. I thought I was a weirdo for doing that.

You're like my family. :cry:

Aerith's Knight
04-17-2008, 04:53 AM
I thought it was weird.. if it helps

rubah
04-17-2008, 05:51 AM
I always imagined I was jumping from fence pole to fence pole, but that was when I was little and riding the bus. When I drive I typically look at the road not the powerlines x.x;

qwertysaur
04-17-2008, 06:29 AM

Holy crap, y'all. I thought I was a weirdo for doing that.

You're like my family. :cry:

:eek: I do that too. I thought nobody else did though. This is weird and happy at the same time

Dolentrean
04-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Me to, I always imagined the superhuman free running guy on long trips.

Breine
04-17-2008, 08:15 AM
I dig the acrobat one xD

Loony BoB
04-17-2008, 09:38 AM
I always imagined a giant person running alongside the road, with all the houses etc. being obstacles in his way that he would have to get over, one way or another.

Rye
04-17-2008, 11:09 AM
I always imagined that too, BoB. xD I loved the powerline one.

Rantz
04-17-2008, 11:22 AM
I bet this all, psychologically, boils down to some kind of inferiority complex or something. Sorry to depress you.

Peegee
04-17-2008, 01:18 PM
I bet this all, psychologically, boils down to some kind of inferiority complex or something. Sorry to depress you.

Postsecret? Or jumping on power lines?

Because if it's PS I agree.

Rantz
04-17-2008, 01:29 PM
I was referring to the imaginary athlete super dude. :)

fire_of_avalon
04-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Oh, well mine was never a person. It was a wolf. So there, Mr. Snooty negative pants.

Flying Mullet
04-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Add another nutter to your "acrobats on power lines" group.

Psychotic
04-17-2008, 04:03 PM
I bet this all, psychologically, boils down to some kind of inferiority complex or something. Sorry to depress you.I'm going to imagine him eating your head.

Rantz
04-17-2008, 04:21 PM
I bet this all, psychologically, boils down to some kind of inferiority complex or something. Sorry to depress you.I'm going to imagine him eating your head.

I never said I don't imagine him too, though. I'm one of you sickos. :(

Aerith's Knight
04-17-2008, 04:30 PM
when i was really young i always thought the moon was following me xD

I bet that comes down to some kind of complex involving authority

RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!

*whacks laddy with a stick*

rubah
04-17-2008, 05:53 PM
sometimes there was an indian running along side the bus. In fact I think it was he that had to jump on the fence posts.

Flying Mullet
04-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Dometimes there was a guy on a bicycle/motorcycle riding on the power cables using the dips in the power cables as ramps and doing tricks.

qwertysaur
04-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Usually it was someone running, but there were a few animals. Once it was a rag doll that just hit things and got dragged along.

FallenSilence
04-17-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm gonna do this when I think of something, it's a nice idea. It'll be text based though since I can't use Photoshop to save my life XD

Flying Mullet
04-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Don't forget that even text-based ones can be all purty-like with colors.

Quindiana Jones
04-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Oh Rye, that was for your own personal enjoyment. :bigsmile:

Peegee
04-18-2008, 03:07 AM
I didn't post that acrobat thingie, but I remember as a kid, using my hand to 'run' across the passing scenary, so i can relate.

Croyles
04-18-2008, 03:10 AM
I usually imagine a guy or girl jumping over those little black and white poles on the sides of the roads when im in the car not driving.

Quindiana Jones
04-18-2008, 07:42 PM
I sometimes imagine a wolf running beside the car, dodging round things.

I recently realised that I may have that idea from an episode of Digimon, where a wolf-thing runs next to a train, I believe.

Rye
04-19-2008, 08:46 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/soapylove.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/Cloud.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/koolaidlargewa2.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/Knife.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/redhairhc6.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/postsecretlawl.jpg

-------

"If it wasn't for her, I would have given up any hope of ever being in a loving relationship."

---

"I'm terrified of telling my friends and family that I am really bisexual and not straight, becaus I am afraid that they will hate and reject me..."

-------

Send in your secrets to Rye by PM or send them to ry.rikkuyuna89@gmail.com through eoff.ps@gmail.com!

Aerith's Knight
04-19-2008, 09:26 PM
I can relate to the redhead thing xD

only i like a darker shade..

Rye
04-19-2008, 10:31 PM
I can relate to the redhead thing xD

only i like a darker shade..

Me too. :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
04-19-2008, 10:32 PM
I like Dumbledore's shade of red in Rye's sig.

But on women.

Rye
04-19-2008, 10:37 PM
THAT'S THE SHADE I'M GOING TO DYE MY HAIR, PROBABLY. :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
04-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Planning to grow a beard too, I'll bet.

Caraliz
04-19-2008, 10:56 PM
I want to know RANTZIEN AND QUINNIE'S SECRETS. :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
04-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Ho ho ho! Oh no you don't! :blush:

Rye
04-20-2008, 02:24 PM
I know all of their secrets. I know everyone's secrets. I'm the secret keeper. :bigsmile:

Breine
04-20-2008, 04:32 PM
THAT'S THE SHADE I'M GOING TO DYE MY HAIR, PROBABLY. :bigsmile:

Why am I not surprised? :P

Anyway, the one about getting stabbed in the arm sounds really painful.

Quindiana Jones
04-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Sounds painful for the person that stabbed her. "I became a very good fighter after that". Someone got an ass-kicking. :(

Rantz
04-20-2008, 06:59 PM
I want to know RANTZIEN AND QUINNIE'S SECRETS. :bigsmile:

Maybe you already do. :bigsmile:

Or do you?

Peegee
04-20-2008, 11:29 PM
Keep it going. This is an excellent thread ^_^

Rye
04-22-2008, 02:48 AM
Thank you! Y'all need to submit some new things though. Even text submissions, if you please <3

Aerith's Knight
04-22-2008, 03:16 AM
I saw a few on the gmail(not that i get a sneak peak of course :shifty:) that didnt get put in yet..

Rye
04-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Nope, I put everyone in there, except the INAPPROPRIATEZ. I currently have ONE Post Secret right now. My eyes shining with the biggest tears. :(

Peegee
04-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Nope, I put everyone in there, except the INAPPROPRIATEZ. I currently have ONE Post Secret right now. My eyes shining with the biggest tears. :(

Should I reveal my secret truth?

Is EoFF ready to know?

Cuz I don't even know what it is!

Flying Mullet
04-22-2008, 02:08 PM
I only have so many secrets. :(

Aerith's Knight
04-22-2008, 03:20 PM
My only secret was that i hate pickles.. they are evil cucumbers

Rye
04-26-2008, 02:02 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/eoff_postsecret/EoffPostsecretanimation.gif

I love this one though. :bigsmile:

---

Remember to PM any secrets of confessions to Rye or email them to me at ry.rikkuyuna89@gmail.com, through your own email or eoff.ps@gmail.com.

Big D
04-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Heh. I agree with the sentiment in that one - nice pic, too. Futurama ftw.

Looks like that's it for the EoFF Postsecrets, though...