PDA

View Full Version : *vomits a little*

rubah
04-09-2008, 06:12 AM
Did you ever wonder why people are sometimes disdainful of people in fraternities and sororities?

it's not just because of the movie Animal House! (which i've never seen :])

PGD (phi gamma delta) is often referred to as "Fiji House". It sits on the hill right above my dorm.

this is from their facebook events page for "Row week" (HELLZ YA PARTY DUDE)

April 11th (Friday) - Tonight is the Main event for Phi Gamma Delta. This is our main Island Bash which is of course Island Themed. To start off the Night, DJ A-Jones is coming back for an encore presentation playing your requests all night. As the clock strikes midnight, the main event will start. Crime Mob will Hit Center Stage at the FIJI house. For those unfamiliar with Crime Mob, They are well known for songs such as:

Knuck if you Buck
Stilleto Pumps
I'll Beat yo Ass
Hated on Mostly
2nd Look
Rock yo Hips
Circles

but people may also be surprised to find them singing:

In my White Tee
Black Tee
Wuz Up
Grillz Gleamin

GIRLS - must have an ID showing you are at least 18+. Girls DO NOT need wristbands

GUYS - must have a wristband AND be on the list as well as have an ID showing you are at least 18+.

These are the events that spawn the stories about 'man I heard a girl went to one of their parties and she got sick so they took her to the hospital and found three different types of roofies in her stomach'.

Luckily I'm booked for friday night 8)]

This is threads about positive service fraternities and sororities so as to restore my faith in the greeks of american colleges.

(although if you want to talk about the party hardy ones you can do that too)

((does this make me stodgy and lame?))

escobert
04-09-2008, 06:16 AM
I went to Plymouth State where Animal House was based on xD. Needless to say there were no positive service fraternities and sororities :p

XxSephirothxX
04-09-2008, 06:18 AM
A complete and total avoidance of parties or social gatherings might make you stodgy and lame, but frat parties? No way. They are a sad, sad bunch of people in my opinion.

Kirobaito
04-09-2008, 06:27 AM
At Baylor, there are a few good ones. ATO is good, and I'm sure there are some good sororities, I just don't know them that well.

I do not party, so I'm very happy to stay away from that scene as a whole. The parties I've been to basically consist of me making sure my friends don't choke on their own vomit. If that makes lame, I'm proud to be lame. I don't need to drink.

Aerith's Knight
04-09-2008, 06:36 AM
Ive been in a bar for 40 hours once.. such a good day *stares dreamily*

reminds me of family guy quote: "Waiter! one rufie colada!"

bipper
04-09-2008, 06:38 AM
You pay for college to get more education.

You get more drama.

Enjoy.

Miriel
04-09-2008, 06:53 AM
My best friend is a Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority girl and she's amazing and I love her.

I rushed my first year at USC, and through the process I met a LOT of really really smart and cool girls. I've still kept in contact over the years with a few girls who were in my rush group. I ended up dropping out cause the time and financial commitment was just too much, but overall, it was a good experience.

My school's social scene is heavily dominated by the Greek system and I know that there are a ton of really idiotic bimbo richass-spoiled fake people who are part of the Greek system. There are plenty of people I've interacted with in my classes who are in sororities or frats and they are just dumber than a piece of wood. Really mindblowing how they got into a school that's supposed to be as prestigious as USC. But there are always exceptions to the rule.

theundeadhero
04-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Frat houses don't even come close to living in the Army barracks. Amatuers.

Captain Maxx Power
04-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Fraternities were invented by smart people to keep the average occupied and inebriated whilst we carried on making the world a better place. :cool:

rubah
04-09-2008, 02:55 PM
And business majors were invented to give them an excuse for going to school.

(sorry business majors who aren't dumb!)

Peegee
04-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Frat hate is not justified. However I cannot cite many or any examples to help my statement.

And since you don't want to be further turned off, it won't help that a certain sorority has senior members advising frosh to avoid certain boys, only to go for them right after.

I mean um...

/flee

Roto13
04-10-2008, 12:35 AM
And business majors were invented to give them an excuse for going to school.

(sorry business majors who aren't dumb!)

I do not forgive you. :mad2:

Miriel
04-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Business majors are dumb?

Aerith's Knight
04-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Business majors are dumb?

I think they just dont have a lot of classes, which gives them lots of time to drink.

fire_of_avalon
04-10-2008, 01:11 AM
I say frat men are my nemeses but it isn't always true. It's mostly true - most of the frats here are more concerned with being from old money, playing Frisbee, stealing newspapers and hazing. The sororities are better - most of them hold philanthropic events about once a month - but the people are still usually pretty out of the real world loop and are gonna stay that way because their jobs will be handed to them.

Of course this isn't always true, and I do know several frat men and sorority women I respect very much. But on the whole I'm just plain angry to go to class with the sonsabitches who talk incessantly about girls they never slept with and kegstands they half-assed.

The Unknown Guru
04-10-2008, 03:33 AM
There are plenty of people I've interacted with in my classes who are in sororities or frats and they are just dumber than a piece of wood. Really mindblowing how they got into a school that's supposed to be as prestigious as USC. But there are always exceptions to the rule.

Theoretically, one of the most important parts of the application is GPA. You don't need to be smart to have a good GPA; you just need to follow directions like a mindless robot. This is much easier for idiots to do.

rubah
04-10-2008, 04:40 AM
No, Miriel, the implication of the statement 'business majors who are not dumb' is that by some off-hand chance some of them are genuinely interested in business, rather than an easy course load. I know better than to make blanket generalizations :cat:

Yamaneko
04-10-2008, 04:48 AM
I lived in front of a frat during college and there was a sorority down the street. They were cool people. I was invited for events and holidays to have dinner and stuff.

Del Murder
04-10-2008, 05:08 AM
Plenty of cool people I met Freshman year were pledges. I went to a couple frat parties but they weren't my thing. Most of the fraternities at UCLA do some worthwhile events. They have their silly ones too, but you're not going to get away from that in college.

Aerith's Knight
04-10-2008, 05:10 AM
Plenty of cool people I met Freshman year were pledges. I went to a couple frat parties but they weren't my thing. Most of the fraternities at UCLA do some worthwhile events. They have their silly ones too, but you're not going to get away from that in college.

like stumbeling out of a private student bar and wondering what day it is? :p (may have happened to me.. :shifty:)

Del Murder
04-10-2008, 05:17 AM
You think that's bad? One time I stumbled out of the Dean's office wondering what day it was.

Yamaneko
04-10-2008, 05:20 AM
Dondelinger!

Aerith's Knight
04-10-2008, 05:41 AM
You think that's bad? One time I stumbled out of the Dean's office wondering what day it was.

maybe i can beat that..

I once spend 2 1/2 days in a bar, finally went home on monday.. fell asleep in the bus, ended up in some backward town, saw a bar.. and spendt another day in there. :) stumbeled into school the following morning, went into the lecture, and snored my way through 2 periods until they sent me home to get some rest.. and i ended up in the bar again, but only for a couple hours.

but never the dean's office.. i was a good student(lawl, inside joke :p)

Del Murder
04-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Oooh I can top that one.

One time I literally spent two weeks lying face down in a swimming pool filled with margaritas. Don't even ask me what country this was in because I could not tell you, and I still don't know how I ended up on that bench at the zoo wearing a brand new suit and sitting next to a crashed bicycle.

Aerith's Knight
04-10-2008, 05:56 AM
onto the crazy stories instead of day stories huh.. its getting hard now.. hmmm.. i have a few i guess..

I once woke up in the middle of a field.. on the other side of the country.. with no idea how i got there as i had no bike or whatsoever and a cow was seriously licking my feet! *shudder*

Other one is where I strapped pillows around my body and went car surfing.. with a drunk friend behind the wheel.. and on a country road.. -_-.. god that was stupid.. at least i had the pillows :p

those are the best stories i have.. exept for the crazy one night stand stories.. but those are just creepy(a couple of them) :p

Roto13
04-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Any story that starts with "So I woke up in random situation and I had no idea how I got there" is a sign of a serious problem. :P

Also, anyone who thinks business majors don't have :skull::skull::skull::skull:loads of work is crazy.

Poopcannon
04-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Amateurs :p

I'm Irish, so I'm used to getting wasted off my tits, but we rarely go around puking all over the place, but waking up in random places is normal...

A mate of mine was telling me about when she woke up in the middle of the city before with a hobo staring at her haha and people I know always seem to wake up in car parks...

I'm only 40 minutes from the city center on foot, so I can just stumble home after all is over and done with :D

We don't really have fraternities here at all. Uni students usually stay with a family or in a dorm for the year if they don't live in Dublin and everyone just goes out drinking anywhere...