PDA

View Full Version : Galuf Appreciation Society

Captain Maxx Power
04-09-2008, 02:47 PM
http://www.mikeanike.com/Cactrot/images/ff5_berserker_galuf.gif

I'm of the opinion that Galuf is one hell of a guy. He's quirky, he owns a castle, he has a beard and he even saves the party at one point single-handedly.

http://www.mikeanike.com/Cactrot/images/ff5_knight_galuf.gif

Personally him kicking the bucket was the major downer of the game, not least because they replaced him with that girl...blonde...thing. I'm sure many of you agree with me of course.

http://www.mikeanike.com/Cactrot/images/ff5_basic_galuf.gif

So, use this topic as a means of expressing your love and devotion to our favourite Inter-Dimensional Light Warrior King.

rubah
04-09-2008, 06:00 PM
I was heartbroken when they did not translate his line as "Crystals, we're on our way!" in the GBA version.

heartbroken.

The cool thing about galuf as an adult ff character is that he really acts like an adult. I wish he were my grandpa.

FUN FACT: I played galuf so long as a monk when I saw him in his bare class I was confused because I associated the shirtlessness and red pants with galuf more strongly than. . those weird things.
Or is he wearing a shirt as a monk?

Obsidian
04-09-2008, 07:49 PM
When a certain famous-character-death occured in FFVII, I just giggled and made a pun. When I lost Galuf, I was VERY moved. Going out in a blaze of glory against Exdeath's layz0rs to save his friends was very heartbreaking, but fitting for a good old chap like him.

:( *sniff*

I wonder how long a flower girl would be able to withstand Exdeath Beams? :p The story would have ended right then and there, I'm sure.

Shin Gouken
04-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Galuf didn't JUST die. He went out fighting! He took that son of bogey down with him! He's a hero!

Marshall Banana
04-09-2008, 11:06 PM
I prefer Galuf, but Krile is a cutie!

http://www.JEREMYTIME/mondatime/kururu.gif

Galuf is a cute White Mage, too, and he makes me laugh.

Vermachtnis
04-09-2008, 11:19 PM
...he has a beard and he even saves the party at one point single-handedly.

I misread that to say "He has a beard that saved the party," and I had to do a double take. But anyway his beard is indeed awesome. It was his beard that cushioned his fall at the begining of the game.

And I agree with the banana, White Mage Kitty Krile is awesome.

BG-57
04-09-2008, 11:41 PM
I do miss Galuf, but how did Krile get all his skills? Osmosis? :confused:

Marshall Banana
04-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Galuf transfers his abilities to Krile soon after his death. =O

BG-57
04-09-2008, 11:52 PM
I know the gameplay reason but is a good reason given in-game?

Marshall Banana
04-10-2008, 12:04 AM
Galuf wants to; someone must fight in his place; Krile has strange powers; Galuf and Krile are family, and they're connected.

I don't think there's a deeper reason or explanation for it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-10-2008, 12:17 AM
I know the gameplay reason but is a good reason given in-game?Galuf's knowledge of skills was housed in his bracelet, which is why Klulu learns them once she takes it.

Marshall Banana
04-10-2008, 12:49 AM
I completely forgot about that. Now I'm a little disappointed.

BG-57
04-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Now I want one.

Goldenboko
04-10-2008, 01:38 AM
There is nothing about Galuf that you can't love, and his beard's epicness is surpassed only by that of Cid from FFIV

Flying Mullet
04-10-2008, 01:42 AM
There is nothing about Galuf that you can't love, and his beard's epicness is surpassed only by that of Cid from FFIV
Thanks for bringing this up, Gobo. Galuf's beard is what makes FFV so awesome. In fact, they had to replace an image of Galuf on the bluff with an image of Bartz and Boko on the bluff on the box cover because the front of the box burst into flames and the front of the cartridge melted from so much awesome being housed in one picture.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/00/Final_Fantasy_V_Box_JAP.jpg/256px-Final_Fantasy_V_Box_JAP.jpg

rubah
04-10-2008, 04:47 AM
No one has a more awesome anything than Galuf, gobo. someday you'll understand. . .

Blue Harvest
04-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Ah, Galuf. He died before his time. But at least he went out in a blaze of bearded glory!

Shame FFV Advance didn't include a bonus game where you could play as the original light warriors.

Roogle
04-16-2008, 08:16 PM
I felt that the playable characters of Final Fantasy V became unbalanced with the death of Galuf. Did anyone else feel like Bartz was leading the Power Princess Squad to victory?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-16-2008, 08:30 PM
I think the consensus among fans is that he became a stone-cold pimp.

Heath
04-17-2008, 09:35 PM
I was never a fan of Krile myself, much prefer Galuf. Naturally I'm never happy when Galuf dies. Like Roogle, I thought the party seemed a bit unbalanced with Krile instead of Galuf. I think Galuf's personality and slightly goofy manner was much more interesting and is probably my favourite member of the party in FFV.

JustAnotherCid
07-09-2008, 09:06 PM
I think Galuf is a pretty cool guy. eh grows his facial hair and doesn't afraid of anything.
http://www.ffuniverse.nu/ff5/pic/galuf.gif

Flying Mullet
07-09-2008, 09:14 PM
As much as it hurts, I'm going to have to close this thread as it's three months old.

EDIT: In a show of appreciation for Galuf, I'm reopening this thread per rubah's request, who totally wants to "unf unf" Galuf.

Dr. Acula
07-10-2008, 02:13 AM
I miss Galuf. Very very much.:(

JustAnotherCid
07-10-2008, 02:23 AM
I felt that the playable characters of Final Fantasy V became unbalanced with the death of Galuf. Did anyone else feel like Bartz was leading the Power Princess Squad to victory?

I absolutely do. I felt like Galuf brought a surliness and a general cock-and-balls kind of a role to what was a predominantly passive and slackjawed energy in the FFV crowd. Bartz's utter obliviousness and generic "kind of a pretty boy - but like a wandering adventurer, you know?" vibe really didn't do much to counter that, and while the female roles weren't exactly "ditzy," they definitely could've used more depth. Faris is easily the most interesting of the non-Galuf characters, but I mean, who wouldn't like a beautiful, tough, domineering woman in men's clothes?

Marky Tee
07-13-2008, 01:47 PM
i suppose he is quite good
the best of a rather crap bunch
wouldnt say he was awesome though