PDA

View Full Version : This is the end...

Captain Maxx Power
04-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Recently I've been watching the ending (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPMFXfNk1IM) to this fine game a fair number of times. Now I'm quite the hard-ball type, but even I well up everytime I watch it. I have the FFX soundtrack on my Winamp when I'm working on writing/coding/whatever and need something in the background. When the ending music gets shuffled in I almost immediately have the urge to go watch this ending. I have a real appreciate of the character of Tidus, as demonstrated here. (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/Main/TidusAGeneralRebutal)

This could very well be the best ending in a Final Fantasy. Discuss.

Jessweeee♪
04-09-2008, 03:19 PM
I was partly spoiled :cry:

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ENDING EVER AND I WAS SPOILED!

I was on the internets, and I was like, Oh, cool, there's an FFX-2. Hmm...I wonder if Tidus is playable? *checks*

and I read

"...searching to find the man she lost..."

and my eyes went O.O NOOO TIDUS!!! WHAT HAPPENS TO TIDUS???

Once it was revealed that he was just a dream I pretty much figured out what happened. I was still sad though. I might've cried if I weren't watching it with my brother xD

James Arnold Taylor, who does the voice for Tidus, generally tends to sound the same no matter what voice he does.

Not true! Check out the voice samples on his website n.n

rubah
04-10-2008, 04:52 AM
I heard a girl playing "Sky Theme" (I dunno what the real name is, it might actually be sky theme but it's the song at the ending that's all sad xD) on the piano in my dorm a week or two ago. I couldn't think what it was at first.

Vivisteiner
04-10-2008, 04:11 PM
FFX had an amazing ending that was totally ruined by FFX-2. :(

Why couldnt they just leave it be!?

Video wont load though. But I still think FFIX's ending is slightly better, seeing as Im horribly biased.

Flying Mullet
04-10-2008, 04:15 PM
It wasn't a bad ending but the only Final Fantasy ending that had me misty-eyed was when monkey boy appeared at the end of FFIX.

Breine
04-10-2008, 04:34 PM
It was a great ending. Not sure whether I think it was the best in Final Fantasy history, but it was definitely great.

Crossblades
04-10-2008, 11:15 PM
It was a good ending. Not the best, but still good. I'll have to admit that I've grown to like Tidus after seeing this ending

Nifleheim7
04-11-2008, 02:52 AM
here. (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/Main/TidusAGeneralRebutal)

Well said man!:thumb:

FFX had an amazing ending that was totally ruined by FFX-2. :(

Sad but true.

Disco Potato
04-11-2008, 06:37 AM
Sometimes I just randomly get the urge to watch the FFX ending. Never happens with the other games I've beaten :p. Here's the full version!
YouTube - Final Fantasy X - Ending (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPeAseL_LkA)

Your essay on Tidus is awesome...reminded me why I liked the game so much :D

arcanedude34
04-13-2008, 05:19 PM
I liked the ending of X, it just kinda moved too slow. After all the Aeon battles, I was just ready for it to end. IX's ending was near perfect, the only thing ruining it being Vivi stopping. I know it was necessary, but still incredible sad. >_>

Heath
04-15-2008, 12:44 PM
FFX had a good ending. I'm not a huge fan of the game in general, but the ending was top class. Not as good as FFIX's ending, but I really liked it. I agree with most of your essay on Tidus, Cap'n, but - again - I don't really like him too much as a character. Although he does develop (as his voice overs throughout the game suggest when he looks back on an event), he still annoyed the hell out of me initially and that's what I always think of when I do think of Tidus.

Alucard von Elru
04-15-2008, 08:14 PM
FFX's ending definitely gets my vote for the best of the series. That's not entirely giving it enough credit, however, as I've found the endings to nearly all other FFs to be at best either dry or disappointing. To give it the credit it deserves, I should say that FFX's ending stands as one of the greatest to ever hit an RPG, period.

EDIT: Excellent, excellent article on Tidus, by the way. I've always absolutely loved his character. For me, he was the first FF character I really thought of as being human and fully developed. FFX's story in general is a phenomenally-written piece, and Tidus' entire arc of development from start to finish is more than indicative of that.

scrumpleberry
04-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Honestly? I didn't like it all that much. I could watch it and it evoked the right feelings, but it wasn't REALLY TEAR-JERKINGLY PROFOUND or anything for me. I'm sorry, but not so fabby imo :/

I do adore that piece of music tho.

Roogle
04-15-2008, 09:55 PM
I feel that the ending of Final Fantasy X was overrided by the presence of Final Fantasy X-2. As a result, I feel less emotional in regards to the tragic elements of Final Fantasy X because of the lighthearted elements of Final Fantasy X-2.

thegirth
04-16-2008, 03:41 AM
X is one of the better endings, i think the best is Crisis Core, hands down

Big D
04-16-2008, 07:08 AM
The end of FFX just feels immense and final, to me. Sin collapsing down through the clouds before exploding into a blaze of pyreflies, the Aeons fading away and leaving their statues vacant - those scenes captured the sensation of one thousand years of suffering evaporating at last. It's beautiful, but also profound and sad. The musical score really brings it to life - the orchestral Hymn of the Fayth, with a solo oboe as the Aeons are finally laid to rest by Yuna's dancing. Then there's Tidus' departure. He went into that final fight against his own father, knowing that both of them would die if he succeeded. He may be a whiny teenager, but his was a damn brave and selfless sacrifice. Thanks to Tidus' influence, Yuna doesn't have to sacrifice herself to bring peace - but in the end, she has to lose him, and the Aeons, to achieve the ultimate end of Sin.

It's a nice contrast - the worldwide immensity of Sin's death, coupled with the intensely personal conclusion to the story between Yuna and Tidus.

Quality stuff, all in all. FFVII's still my favourite ending out of any of the FF games - I get a kind of cold shiver every time I replay that conclusion - but FFX's a strong contender for second place, let down only by the fact that it's a fairly short and predictable ending.

Dr. Acula
04-16-2008, 09:00 AM
FFX's ending almost made my brother cry. And he has no emotions.

PenguinOfDoom
09-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Sorry to revive this old thing, just wanted to state my view

I personally think it more touching a scene after they kill Jecht when tidus runs forward and holds Jecht while crying, yet still says "I hate you." By this point Tidus no longer hates Jecht (and i doubt whether he ever truly hated him), as you can see by the emotion displayed. I tear up during that part, however not at the very end. The very end is great too of course, I just prefer the Jecht scene.

Flying Mullet
09-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Sorry Mr. Penguin, but we typically don't revive threads this old, but you're more than welcome to create a new thread if you want to discuss this topic further.