PDA

View Full Version : Musashi: Samurai Legend

Tasura
04-09-2008, 07:02 PM
AKA: The Legend of Musashi II: Blade Master.

So, this was one of the games I bought earlier this year when I had loads of cash, A) because it was a game I didn't have, B) Because the original Musashi was great, or at least I remembered it being great.

So, my questions for you EoFF are,

Do you own this game?
How much did you pay for it?
was it worth the money to you?
Thoughts on the concept?
If you don't own it, do you want to?
How much would you be willing to pay for it?
Did you play the first Musashi game?
Did you like it?
Do you own it?
Thoughts on the Samurai genre* of gaming in general?
Comparisons to other Samurai games you've played?
How does this compare to other games in the Samurai genre?

Now, as for my thoughts on the Samurai genre, it has it's highs and it's lows, the highest points being that of true Samurainess, the lows being rip-off Samurais, for instance, Samurai western, is a 'true' Samurai game in that the main character follows a code of honor. Samurai 7 20xx though, is just a cheap attempt to make money from The 7 Samurai by Kurosawa.

Spuuky
04-10-2008, 09:27 AM
I love the Samurai film genre. Are the Musashi games based on the 'Samurai Trilogy' movies in which Musashi is the main character? I haven't played any of the games, so I can't answer many of your questions.

leader of mortals
04-11-2008, 09:33 PM
I have the first one, but not the second. It was fun at first, then I just lost interest.

Ichimonji
04-12-2008, 03:24 AM
Do you own this game?
Yes.
How much did you pay for it?
Regular price. So about $60 or so. I got it right when it came out three or four years ago.
was it worth the money to you?
Nah, it was fairly short, with not a lot accomplish. It definitely wasn't as good as the first game.
Thoughts on the concept?
Well, they reused a bunch of mechanics from Brave Fencer, except they added a lot more repetitivity. Although, it was still pretty fun.
Did you play the first Musashi game?
Oh, yes. I love Brave Fencer to death. It's one of my all-time favourite games on the original playstation.
Did you like it?
Absolutely. See above.
Do you own it?
Yes.