PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Trigger Remake

edczxcvbnm
04-09-2008, 07:53 PM
So square has been going through and redoing some older games in 3D for handheld systems. We all know that a bunch of people were making a 3D version of Chrono Trigger and were shut down and now I want a remake of the game in spiffy 3D.

But the question is what would the add to the game? Would they add another dungeon or expand on a part of the story at the end of the game? At the end of Trigger one of the scenes shows guardia in flames and what not. They could do a short side quest after the game there. They could expand on the past of Frog and make it so that you can play as Glenn, Cyrus and his crew.

If they were to make a remake, what areas would you like them to expand the story into or what sorts of bonuses would you like to see?

Captain Maxx Power
04-10-2008, 02:35 AM
Well apart from the fact Squenix made the biggest blunder ever by forcing the shutdown of a complete remake of the game in 3D by a willing team of obviously talented people for the sake of maintaining some kind of meaningless corporate stranglehold, I'd like to see more done with the character of Magus, if only because I found him the most fascinating.

blackmage_nuke
04-11-2008, 03:09 PM
I want Tata in my party!!!!

Alucard von Elru
04-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Considering I find Chrono Trigger to be one of the most glorious 2D games ever crafted, I don't actually want it having anything to do with 3D. It looks completely fine as is, and it needs no updates in that regard. All I'd like is a DS FFVI Advance-style port of it, considering the PS1 port was woefully inadequate.

KentaRawr!
04-12-2008, 08:58 PM
It depends entirely on how they do it. If they do it like they are with the FF games, then I don't really care. However, if they expand upon the areas, and go into greater detail, then I'm fine with that. Just making the game 3D and not adding anything to it would be dumb, as seen in the 3D FF games.

Necronopticous
04-12-2008, 09:18 PM
I'd be pretty excited if they let the Matrix team tackle Chrono Trigger after Final Fantasy VI, but as far as new features go, nothing comes to mind because I already consider Chrono Trigger to be a perfect video game.

Wolf Kanno
04-12-2008, 10:48 PM
They would probably add an additional dungeon and perhaps add the extra ending from the PS1 CT to the main ending. The only logical additions would be minor references to tie it into Chrono Cross. Gameplay wise... maybe give Magus the abilty to do dual techs perhaps?

Overall, I find CT to be fine the way it is so most story additions would feel unnecessary. I don't want a remake as much as I want a real sequel. Its a shame most of the original staff is gone though...

LunarWeaver
04-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Some extra "supah hard omg" dungeons can't hurt anything. I'd like to see a handful of new techniques slapped on each character, why not. Completely orchestrated music would be lovely. The Chrono games have the best music to ever grace the gaming world.

Really, little stuff. I quite loved it as is! :jess:

KentaRawr!
04-14-2008, 01:45 AM
The most I'd want to see from a Chrono Trigger remake would be an engine that changes the view of the game, but keeps the design of the levels. Don't just make it 3D and keep the Camera in the same spot! 2D is prettier anyway. :3 Looking at the interior design of these places in a new light increases the artistic value that can be perceived by the player!

Skyblade
04-14-2008, 04:40 AM
I just want a rerelease for the GBA. Don't change anything in the game, because, while a couple points could use minor tweaking, if they changed it, they'd ruin it. Just wrap the game up into a tiny cartridge I can take with me and play anywhere.

Roogle
04-14-2008, 05:55 PM
I think that a fan remake would delve into bonus storylines because of the fan involvement in the story of the series itself. Chrono Compendium (http://www.chronocompendium.com), for example, has an extensive archive about the subtleties of the story. I would trust those reading and understanding the content of that site to do the original story justice because of the amount of time and research dedicated to its understanding.

Heath
04-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Some extra "supah hard omg" dungeons can't hurt anything. I'd like to see a handful of new techniques slapped on each character, why not. Completely orchestrated music would be lovely. The Chrono games have the best music to ever grace the gaming world.

Really, little stuff. I quite loved it as is! :jess:

Have to admit that one of the aspects of Chrono Resurrection I was most looking forward to was the music. It really does have a brilliant soundtrack that would be a joy to listen to if it were fully orchestrated. Oh my.

I'd definitely play a remake of CT provided it was a console that I am. Naturally a DS or a PSP version of the game would be the obvious avenue to go down. Perhaps Square'll do a version of CT like they've done with FFIII and IV. I'm not sure how I'd find a 3D version to be honest. As much as I loved the CR screens, I really do like the vibrant, colourful 2D nature of the original.

Roogle
05-05-2008, 07:13 PM

I think that there are enthusiasts working on a sequel to Chrono Trigger using its original graphics. Its demo plays like a sequel to the game made only a year or two after the release of the original, and one of its prime features is the use of new techniques evolved from old techniques.

In some cases, developers of a game will take ideas from the fan community if it proves popular enough...

Jessweeee♪
05-08-2008, 02:06 AM
Oooh, a remake would be awesome! I've never played the game because it's so impossible to get :(

Almighty God of Paper
05-16-2008, 07:45 PM
A remake would be lovely, but I'm rather curious... If, by chance, they happened to make everything 3D and such, would you prefer it to remain in the Akira Toriyama style, or in a more realistic style (along the lines of Advent Children, FF4 DS, etc.)? Personally I would much prefer it to be realistic, and I think the Toriyama style would look awkward in 3D.

Roogle
05-21-2008, 09:35 PM
A remake would be lovely, but I'm rather curious... If, by chance, they happened to make everything 3D and such, would you prefer it to remain in the Akira Toriyama style, or in a more realistic style (along the lines of Advent Children, FF4 DS, etc.)? Personally I would much prefer it to be realistic, and I think the Toriyama style would look awkward in 3D.

I agree. You can capture a glimpse of how Akira Toriyama artwork looks in 3D by looking at a gameplay video of Chrono Resurrection (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YELRuYNBRDk).

Vyk
05-22-2008, 12:05 AM
It worked for DQ8 didn't it?

unfinished fantasy
05-22-2008, 03:00 AM
Considering I find Chrono Trigger to be one of the most glorious 2D games ever crafted, I don't actually want it having anything to do with 3D. It looks completely fine as is, and it needs no updates in that regard. All I'd like is a DS FFVI Advance-style port of it, considering the PS1 port was woefully inadequate.+1

I agree. You can capture a glimpse of how Akira Toriyama artwork looks in 3D by looking at a gameplay video of Chrono Resurrection (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YELRuYNBRDk).wow that's just horrible. I'm glad the project did not succeed in bastardizing CT.

Vyk
05-22-2008, 03:37 AM
Considering I find Chrono Trigger to be one of the most glorious 2D games ever crafted, I don't actually want it having anything to do with 3D. It looks completely fine as is, and it needs no updates in that regard. All I'd like is a DS FFVI Advance-style port of it, considering the PS1 port was woefully inadequate.+1

I agree. You can capture a glimpse of how Akira Toriyama artwork looks in 3D by looking at a gameplay video of Chrono Resurrection (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YELRuYNBRDk).wow that's just horrible. I'm glad the project did not succeed in bastardizing CT.

...I always thought they captured the look and feel quite well in 3D. Granted realism might have went over better. But as far as keeping homage. I think they did well

nik0tine
05-23-2008, 04:35 AM
Any reason to play Chrono Trigger again is fine by me.

Akaria
05-23-2008, 04:41 AM
I didn't even like the PS1 remake, just because it shattered all my thoughts of what Crono and company actually looked like. Personally, I don't like the DBZ style of art (I suck, I know), so I didn't like all the little cutscenes...It would be cool to have CT in 3D, and I'd get it, but somehow...I don't think I'd be happy playing it, just because of all that I'd imagined everything to be in my mind when I played the SNES version when I was younger.

ljkkjlcm9
05-23-2008, 05:35 AM
New dungeon. 1 New move per character, maybe new party attacks as well.

Maybe after you beat the game with every ending it'd unlock the dungeon, or even another time era with harder enemies and such where you need all the items from the main game to stand a chance.

THE JACKEL

Roogle
05-27-2008, 07:33 PM
wow that's just horrible. I'm glad the project did not succeed in bastardizing CT.

I strongly support the Chrono Resurrection project, yet, I agree, to an extent, that the artwork of Akira Toriyama does not look very good in 3D.

Necronopticous
05-27-2008, 07:49 PM
[...] the artwork of Akira Toriyama does not look very good in 3D.Disagree (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest_VIII).

Roogle
05-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I did not like the style of Dragon Quest VIII. I think it might be an issue with the art rather than the 3D graphics.

daniel3843
05-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Why not an FFI/FFII Style PSP remake. I like how they remade the graphics... Although I wouldn't want them to alter the difficulty of the game. Maybe add a dungeon or something. I think the important part is making the game available in stores again. There are lots of people who dont have a copy of the game and would like to LEGALLY play it. But yeah, updated 2D graphics like SE did for FFI/II for their PSP release would be prett cool. Personally, I love the Akira Toriyama graphics for 2D (dunno about 3D) so i think it would be cool.

-Dan

Laddy
05-31-2008, 04:59 AM
I don't want them to change much, just add voice acting, new skills, a less vague sense of direction, and more use of character interaction.

Akaria
05-31-2008, 09:14 PM
Actually, I don't remember the details, but I believe there was a cave that they cut out before they released it for the SNES. I saw a picture of it quite a while ago, and I have the song. It's called Singing Mountain and is quite lovely:heart: Like I said though, I dunno the details or why they cut it out or if it even existed at some point x_x

FFVIFan
06-16-2008, 11:11 PM
The project for the Chrono Trigger remake was shut down. Thought they had a nice intro a great graphics.