PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Squad

BG-57
04-09-2008, 08:30 PM
So I get that Ormi and Logos were part of the Crimson Squad, recording the outcome of the Den of Woe, but then what happened to them between that and hooking up with the Leblanc Syndicate?

Any theories?

Big D
04-10-2008, 01:20 AM
So I get that Ormi and Logos were part of the Crimson Squad, recording the outcome of the Den of Woe, but then what happened to them between that and hooking up with the Leblanc Syndicate?

Any theories?They weren't technically members of the squad, but they were hired after the Den of Woe incident to investigate and record what had happened to the squad. I figure they must've been general-purpose tough guys, hired by Kinoc for temporary work, then doing whatever for the intervening year or so until Leblanc took them on.

Captain Maxx Power
04-10-2008, 02:28 AM
Burlesque review shows, obviously.

BG-57
04-10-2008, 12:00 PM
You know I could actually picture them in the circus or something.

Markus. D
04-10-2008, 07:45 PM

Any theories?They weren't technically members of the squad, but they were hired after the Den of Woe incident to investigate and record what had happened to the squad. I figure they must've been general-purpose tough guys, hired by Kinoc for temporary work, then doing whatever for the intervening year or so until Leblanc took them on.

That's probably the most accurate theory.

BG-57
04-10-2008, 11:33 PM
That makes we wonder if they were simply fired or had to go into hiding. To be sure, they were 'expendable'.

Roogle
04-18-2008, 09:09 PM
I think that Logos and Ormi were considered too minor to develop a heavy background story in the mythos of Final Fantasy X.

I was pleased to see that they were integrated into the history of the game through being hired to investigate the truth about the Crimson Squad. Little things like that are a nice touch and I think it helps add to the depth of minor characters.

Skyblade
07-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Hmm... This reminded me of something.

Logos and Ormi were sent to investigate the death of the Crimson Squad, and saw that the squad had been completely wiped out after entering the Den of Woe. So why the hell would they be trying to open the thing again?! I mean, I know that they're insanely loyal to Leblanc (they went with her to face Vegnagun, after all), but I'd think they'd be a little more afraid of that place.

Shattered Dreamer
07-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Skyblade probably explains the Logos & Ormi situation the best. But honestly, if the Crimson Squad were Yevon's elite fighting force why didnt Yevon send them after Yuna in FFX?

Big D
07-16-2008, 02:12 AM
But honestly, if the Crimson Squad were Yevon's elite fighting force why didnt Yevon send them after Yuna in FFX?:)They were trainee elites, rather than actual elites.

auronlu
07-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Kinoc wasn't trying to go after Yuna. Seymour was. Kinoc and Seymour were each making their own grabs for power, and to some extent hampering each other.

That's the explanation I'd give if it were better integrated into FFX. But honest to gosh, I don't think X-2's backstory was developed with quite as much care, depth, and consistency.