PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is in the hot dogs?

Roto13
04-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Hot dogs are fairly mysterious anyway, but the Balamb Garden hot dogs are doubly so. What do you think are in them besides animal endtrails?

I think the reason they're so addicting is probably something to do with nicotine.

Except for Zell. Zell likes them because he's repressing his homosexuality. They're phallic, he has an oral fixation, not to mention the buns. That's the only logical answer in his case.

Flying Mullet
04-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Perhaps Balamb Garden is a sexually repressed school and everyone wants one of those wieners?

Rantz
04-09-2008, 11:12 PM
It's not the hot dogs, man. It's the cafeteria lady.

leader of mortals
04-09-2008, 11:14 PM
It's not the hot dogs, man. It's the cafeteria lady.

This is obviously the only right answer here...

Captain Maxx Power
04-10-2008, 02:27 AM
Interesting fact, the hotdogs are localised depending on the country they are in. In Japan I think they were some kind of sweetrolls.

rubah
04-10-2008, 04:49 AM
japanese girls go cuckoo for bread. It's a fact, you can read about it in Kimegura Orange Road.

The cafeteria lady apparently(well one of them) is the mother of one of the v. familiar dudes in F-H.

Wolf Kanno
04-10-2008, 09:59 AM
What are hot dogs made of?

In the words of Dan Akroyd in "The Great Outdoors"

"You know what they're made of? Lips and Assholes!" ;)

blackmage_nuke
04-10-2008, 11:19 AM
It's made of people!

(NORG's secret family recipie ;))

Big D
04-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Interesting fact, the hotdogs are localised depending on the country they are in. In Japan I think they were some kind of sweetrolls.Indeed, apparently the FFVIII Ultimania confirms that - but in the final FMV, while the credits roll, it seems fairly obvious (at least to me) that Zell's eating a hot dog, not a piece of bread...

Jessweeee♪
04-10-2008, 03:10 PM
I didn't see a dog of any kind!

Aerith's Knight
04-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I didn't see a dog of any kind!

lets give her a minute until she makes the connection..

Breine
04-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Except for Zell. Zell likes them because he's repressing his homosexuality. They're phallic, he has an oral fixation, not to mention the buns. That's the only logical answer in his case.

Yes! My thoughts exactly xD But, seriously.. I think I've read somewhere that he is in fact homosexual, or something like that. There are some clues in the game or something.. Can't really remember.

Anyway, as someone said probably made of people.

Flying Mullet
04-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Yes! My thoughts exactly xD But, seriously.. I think I've read somewhere that he is in fact homosexual, or something like that. There are some clues in the game or something.. Can't really remember.
Was it in a Future Esthar thread?

Aerith's Knight
04-10-2008, 05:33 PM

Everything has been at least once in a FE thread

MJN SEIFER
04-10-2008, 07:01 PM
]Indeed, apparently the FFVIII Ultimania confirms that - but in the final FMV, while the credits roll, it seems fairly obvious (at least to me) that Zell's eating a hot dog, not a piece of bread...

That's because the FMV was redone.

Dolentrean
04-10-2008, 08:46 PM
OH MY GOD!

The hotdogs are people!

*gasp*

Big D
04-11-2008, 01:04 AM
]Indeed, apparently the FFVIII Ultimania confirms that - but in the final FMV, while the credits roll, it seems fairly obvious (at least to me) that Zell's eating a hot dog, not a piece of bread...

That's because the FMV was redone.That quote was from me, not Captain Max Power :p
Is there a source for the FMV being re-done? Sounds interesting, I've never heard about it before...

Iceglow
04-11-2008, 02:14 AM

I'm gonna be blunt: Zell = straight. he is going out with the girl with pigtails grom the library, source? FF8 disc 2

Aerith's Knight
04-11-2008, 06:42 AM
its a "space hotdog"

CimminyCricket
04-11-2008, 06:55 AM
Roto won the thread in his initial post.

Breine
04-11-2008, 09:25 AM

I'm gonna be blunt: Zell = straight. he is going out with the girl with pigtails grom the library, source? FF8 disc 2

Nah, he's still gay.. he just doesn't know it yet, and apparently neither does the poor girl with the pigtails. Ooh, the drama when he decides to come out!

rubah
04-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Interesting fact, the hotdogs are localised depending on the country they are in. In Japan I think they were some kind of sweetrolls.Indeed, apparently the FFVIII Ultimania confirms that - but in the final FMV, while the credits roll, it seems fairly obvious (at least to me) that Zell's eating a hot dog, not a piece of bread...
Incidentally, the second image result for "cute japanese bread" on google images is this
http://yg.typepad.com/makingtoys2/images/223691390_6238a827ae_m_1.jpg

stuff about there being two versions of the ffviii ending
YouTube - Final Fantasy VIII Ending (part 2 of 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4NAjqbjQ0g&feature=related) YouTube - Final Fantasy VIII Ending (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmDt-EbFslo&feature=related)
Go see for yourself.

Serapy
04-13-2008, 08:26 PM
.... lolwut?
Hai guys lol0olo im eatin' lotta bananas and hot d0ggz, im so gay yikes! Sue me!

He loves hot dogs because of the nice taste, not only that reason but men are also more hungry than women and that's a fact, hench is it not harmless to eat hot dogs! Duh.

Tallulah
04-13-2008, 10:14 PM
What's in the hot dogs? The same thing that's in my banana bread, clearly *scoffs in same manner Zell does with the hotdogs at the end of the game*

Also, Zell is clearly gay. I mean, he wants to see Squall's, ahem, gunblade. ;)

MJN SEIFER
04-13-2008, 10:39 PM

That's because the FMV was redone.That quote was from me, not Captain Max Power :p
Is there a source for the FMV being re-done? Sounds interesting, I've never heard about it before...

Oh I see.

I don't know for sure. I just assumed if they are Hot Dogs in our ending (and they look like it to me) then it stands to reason Square edited it.

Serapy
04-14-2008, 12:34 AM
For some reason, when I played the PAL version, I saw the hot dogs in the ending, but since I also played the USA version, it didn't show the hot dogs ending event.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-14-2008, 01:29 AM
Protein and nutrients I am sure

Randgris
04-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Calories... lots of calories...

Didn't you know? The Cafeteria lady stuffed weed in the hotdogs.

Jessweeee♪
05-15-2008, 03:13 PM
They aren't hotdogs at all! (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/73156-those-not-hotdogs.html)

Aerith's Knight
05-15-2008, 03:46 PM
They are filled with baby seal eyes..

What a monster!

Suvious
05-16-2008, 09:25 PM
One ingredient: McDonalds
No wonder they screw you up so bad..

ReloadPsi
05-16-2008, 10:10 PM
English mustard, the only thing not available on the streets of New York.

Oh, and a massive dose of "in-translation-loss". Hell, in the French version they recognised that hot dogs weren't quite gonna cut it so they made it "Bretzels", which is just like hot dogs except the sausages are deep fried in batter! Mmmmmmm...