PDA

View Full Version : Magus-Frog Story

Heath
04-09-2008, 10:18 PM
I personally found the Magus-Glenn/Frog storyline to be amongst the most interesting within CT. I love the quest for revenge by Frog to avenge the death of Cyrus. A friendship torn apart and Frog is so desperate to right the wrongs. What I've been thinking about though is, in 12000BC you have the option of either fighting Magus or allowing him to join your party. Which do you prefer to do? And more to the point of the thread, which do you think is better in the context of the storyline?

For me, personally, I'm torn between whether to let Magus right his wrongs from 600 AD (including killing Cyrus) and his quest to find Schala. I don't think he's naturally a villain, I think he's just pushed into the situation with Ozzie and uses him for his own ends which is, ultimately, a noble cause. On the other hand though, I do think that Frog deserves his chance to avenge Magus. I personally like to recruit Magus because he's a fun character to use in battle, but I think in terms of the storyline I also like to have him in the party so he can right his wrongs. Although he can't bring back Cyrus for Frog, I do think that his attempts to destroy Lavos and find his sister are ultimately noble causes, though I don't think they entirely clear his past wrongdoings.

What about you?

NeoCracker
04-10-2008, 01:33 AM
I usually save Magus. Though I disagree with you on how he thinks.

Magus isn't trying to write his wrongs, he isn't trying to help people. His sole reason for wanting Lavos gone is revenge. He doesn't seem to care how many people he kills to keep his position in the Mystics, just so long as he can kill Lavos.

Mind you, I do agree he is not inherently evil, as he offers to help Crono, but as for his quest to kill Lavos, thats just doing the right things for the wrong reasons.

blackmage_nuke
04-11-2008, 03:10 PM
I let him live but it sucks that he barely has any dialogue

Roogle
04-14-2008, 05:53 PM
I am inclined to make the choices that the writers have in mind for the player. I think that the writers wanted Magus to live because of his involvement in the series outside of his role in Chrono Trigger.

KentaRawr!
04-16-2008, 03:25 PM
I've never once killed Magus. :p

theundeadhero
05-19-2008, 11:11 AM
I usually make a second save and do both so I can see multiple endings.

I let him live but it sucks that he barely has any dialogueCrono says exactly zero words the whole game :p

blackmage_nuke
05-19-2008, 11:23 AM
I usually make a second save and do both so I can see multiple endings.

I let him live but it sucks that he barely has any dialogueCrono says exactly zero words the whole game :pBut thats what makes Crono so funny

Elly
05-22-2008, 12:56 AM
actualy Crono does speak once during one of the endings (Slideshow Ending)...

i actualy hardly ever kill Magus, i only did it a few times to see alternate takes on some of the endings, and NeoCracker is right about Magus' personality, he isn't inherantly evil but he doesn't care who he hurts on his quest for vengance, i believe it's stated as such in his Bio in the Strategy Guides...