PDA

View Full Version : Hey I never noticed that before...

qwertysaur
04-09-2008, 10:51 PM
... but this time I did! Yay for new game+! How did new game plus affect your experience. Did you enjoy having 4 gunner dressperes? Or do you think that it was not needed? Discuss!

BG-57
04-09-2008, 11:17 PM
How about starting the game with three Mascots, an Iron Duke and The End GG equipped? :D

It makes the game a breeze. And since you have to play through three times to get everything, that's a huge bonus.

In fact I'm peeved they don't use New Game + in the regular FF series. :mad:

Markus. D
04-11-2008, 06:33 AM
I enjoyed the extra spheres... it allowed me to traverse through the GG gates and finish on whichever one I wanted :D... and start again on that very same one.

That's about it though.

Jessweeee♪
04-11-2008, 03:18 PM
It was kewl! Also makes using the special spheres easier, since I don't have to switch to a more vulnerable class!

...but I never had to do that anyway xD

I. CAN'T. GET. THE. MASCOT. SPHERE.

I keep messing up at the moonflow without realizing it. I'm even using a guide!

D:

Psychotic
04-16-2008, 07:29 PM
It reduces the challenge, but it also reduces the need for some extreme grinding, so I heartilly approve of it, and like BG-57 I'd like to see it implemented in the main series.

Roogle
04-16-2008, 07:52 PM
I liked it because it allowed me to play the game the way that I wanted to play the game. I was able to keep the girls in their default job class and still give them secondary abilities while keeping true to the story.

toad626
04-18-2008, 03:00 AM
I liked it because it allowed me to play the game the way that I wanted to play the game. I was able to keep the girls in their default job class and still give them secondary abilities while keeping true to the story.

Interesting coming from a guy that holds FF 7 so high. A game that has no job classes what so ever.

Markus. D
04-18-2008, 03:33 AM

Interesting coming from a guy that holds FF 7 so high. A game that has no job classes what so ever.

What are you trying to say?

o_o?

or are you just pointing it out?

Crossblades
04-18-2008, 08:04 PM
I haven't tried the New Game + in this game yet. I'm saving it for when I have the urge to do another playthrough

Roogle
04-18-2008, 09:04 PM

I think you are mistaken, toad626. I like the Final Fantasy games with job classes more than the Final Fantasy games without job classes because the job classes help establish a character background and a definitive role in gameplay and in story.

I think that the dressphere system would have been better implemented in the game if they explained the background of every dressphere and their effects on the girls, too, but that never happened —

Square Enix promoted a Create Your Own Dressphere style contest and one of the finalists' dressphere was one that could effectively summon the spirit from the other dresspheres. It went on to explain how some of the dresspheres like Trainer, for example, was created — I think her name was Coco or something, and she and her husband lived on a farm in a rural area, and they were killed because Sin or an opposing army attacked it — the point was that her spirit lives on and that job class would have been able to summon her from the dressphere and bring the true Trainer to the battlefield. That entry did not win the contest because of its heavy design and effects implementation. What won the contest? That Festivalgoer Dressphere was the result of it.

Christmas
04-18-2022, 05:16 AM
I feel like a god walking amongst mere mortals. All powerful and all knowing. Everyone should worship the ground that i walked and lick my boots while they are at it. :bigsmile: