PDA

View Full Version : Wake me up before you Gogo

Heath
04-10-2008, 12:28 AM
I'd like to think this thread is justifiable for the title alone.

Although Gogo isn't a terribly popular character to use for the rather dodgy stats, I always use them for the dungeons when your party splits into two/three (the GBA extra dungeon, Phoenix Cave and Kefka's Tower) because I find the flexibility to be really useful. What skills do you set Gogo up with when you use him though?

I like to have another Tools user and another Blitz user is always handy. Which leaves one slot that I'll usually just leave as magic. Though sometimes I'll put Blue Magic in there. What about you? Or do you simply never use Gogo? In which case, shame on you.

BG-57
04-10-2008, 12:38 AM
He's perfect for rounding out a party in the later half of the game. Savings from having to level 4 characters with Ultima. As long as someone in the party has it, he will too.

I like giving him Magic and Tools.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-10-2008, 01:22 AM
People who pass over characters like Gogo because of stats are missing out on good times. FFVI is an easy enough game without meticulous min-maxing, anyway.

Tools and Blitz are my favorite unique commands in the game, so I usually give him at least one of those. And there's no going wrong with Magic, of course.

Flying Mullet
04-10-2008, 01:24 AM
I'm a loot/klepto fool so I always use Steal with Gogo so I can have to thieves in my party.

NeoCracker
04-10-2008, 01:25 AM
Wow, as Versatile as Gogo is, everyone seems to use him the same way. :p

Roto13
04-10-2008, 01:25 AM
People who pass over characters like Gogo because of stats are missing out on good times. FFVI is an easy enough game without meticulous min-maxing, anyway.

Tools and Blitz are my favorite unique commands in the game, so I usually give him at least one of those. And there's no going wrong with Magic, of course.

I agree with everything in this post. Everything.

ljkkjlcm9
04-10-2008, 01:44 AM
It all depends on what party I use him in and what is needed most at the time. Sometimes I'll put him in with my uber party of Sabin, Edgar and Cyan... so Gogo will become the healer/supporter. This typically means he gets magic, runic, and Lore. Lore has some awesome support spells, Runic can help absorb some magic, and well, magic is magic.

Of course, if he's not in that party, he almost always has either tools or blitz, or Swd Tech if the equips fit it. And ALWAYS Magic.

THE JACKEL

Goldenboko
04-10-2008, 02:08 AM
Gogo, is awesome. First off, his name can very easily be switched into GoBo, clearly linking him with awesomeness.

Second off, he can Mimic Terra Casting 4 Ultimas (unless I'm remembering false crap) :D

blackmage_nuke
04-10-2008, 03:11 AM
I'm a loot/klepto fool so I always use Steal with Gogo so I can have three thieves in my party.
I give shadow two thief knives and the offering.

XxSephirothxX
04-10-2008, 03:52 AM
I'd like to think this thread is justifiable for the title alone.
Yes.

I believe I used Gogo to unleash plenty of whoopass in the form of Ultima and Bum Rush. He was a fun character. I'm surprised people would pass him up, but I've never been much of a stat whore so I probably didn't even notice he had any weaknesses. :p

Mirage
04-10-2008, 10:17 PM
I always used him to have a second thief in Kefka's tower. so, Magic, Tool, Steal. Sometimes Blitz or Item instead of one of those.

Flying Mullet
04-10-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm a loot/klepto fool so I always use Steal with Gogo so I can have three thieves in my party.
There's two scary things with this post. One, I do that too. Two, I forgot all about it!

Crossblades
04-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Magic is the number 1 ability I give to Gogo. But for the other two, I usually switch depending on my mood

Ha! I do that too =)

the holy meteor
05-26-2008, 07:16 AM
I have such a horrible time with Locke and his Steal command 92% of the time, that I find myself using Gogo as my second thief.

I also abuse magic a lot in this game, so I give him the Magic command

Big D
05-26-2008, 11:42 AM
I saw the thread title and had to post.

But in reply to the topic... I also use Gogo for Tools. And SwordTech, too. Not so much with Blitz though.

Slothy
05-26-2008, 02:31 PM

Everything you say in this post is correct. There can be no other answers.

Velocity Eleven
05-26-2008, 05:44 PM
I remember first figuring out that he could be equipped with the other abilities

Avarice-ness
05-26-2008, 07:17 PM
I saw the thread title and had to post.

But in reply to the topic... I also use Gogo for Tools. And SwordTech, too. Not so much with Blitz though. But I'm a complete Sabin Fan-Girl so I usually have Blitz above all others!

PeneloRatsbane
05-31-2008, 12:11 AM
i haven't got gogo, I'm at the bit after kefka messes up the continents and u have to go find the others. can i get him or is it too late.

I also heard some crack that Gogo = Daryll, i'm guessing that is soooo not true but i just thought i'd check

blackmage_nuke
05-31-2008, 07:55 AM
I also heard some crack that Gogo = Daryll, i'm guessing that is soooo not true but i just thought i'd check

Its true, anyone who believes this is on crack

Gogo = Adlai Stevenson

Avarice-ness
05-31-2008, 11:27 AM

Its true, anyone who believes this is on crack

Gogo = Adlai Stevenson

What's worse is that there's more evidence saying Gogo is Stevenson than Daryl! xD

If it was Daryl though, she shouldn't have been wearing so many clothes and came out being all "OMG IT'S ANOTHER HOT BLONDE FOR THE PARTY!!" but then when I think about it, she'd prolly be signifigantly mangled up from the crash... so maybe not so hot after all.

Wolf Kanno
06-01-2008, 11:05 PM
i haven't got gogo, I'm at the bit after Kefka messes up the continents and u have to go find the others. can i get him or is it too late.

I also heard some crack that Gogo = Daryll, I'm guessing that is soooo not true but i just thought I'd check

Gogo is not Daryll I'm afraid but rather another clever cameo from FFV (Lone Wolf the pickpocket being the other). There is a bit of a trick to getting Gogo as he's one of the game's secret characters but I wouldn't attempt it until you have more of your party and better Espers. Go to the Triangle Island in the right corner of the map, SAVE, and you will run into a giant worm creature that has the ability to swallow your party members. Let it swallow your party and you will be transported to a dungeon with a few annoying puzzles, nasty enemies, rare items, and Gogo...

PeneloRatsbane
06-01-2008, 11:27 PM
sweet, this game is great, i love secret characters!

Zeromus
06-08-2008, 12:40 AM
I used to put Gogo in my party with the Dragon Boots and Dragon Horns, he was a good Dragon, with a proper equipment and a nice level he can make good damage at this way, i also used the tools command on him... But all depends on wich party I put him in...

Anyways, i like the Dragoon Gogo xD... I used the multiple jumps with Shadow too... So i had 2 Jumping beasts in my party... xD