PDA

View Full Version : References?

Goldenboko
04-10-2008, 12:42 AM
Do you ever make References in your homework/projects/papers just for yourself, knowing your teacher won't get them?

I often do, I find it a good way to keep me going, :P Just now in my essay for a Required Govn't class, I through in, "The Trials and Tribulations that they had to go through," :exdee:

Heath
04-10-2008, 12:49 AM
Depends if I make references at all. If it's a run of the mill essay in college then I won't. For pieces such as my Extended Essay, my Theory of Knowledge essay and pieces of coursework (History, Psychology and English) then I fully referenced the essays themselves. Otherwise I never bothered because there was no need to. Referencing can be a bit of a pain sometimes. However at university I know I'll have to do more of it, but I imagine it won't be too painful when I've gotten into the habit of it.

Don't think I've ever made a jokey reference. I've tried to get people to reference me though when I've helped them with their essays.

Kes
04-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Last year I took a class where I had to pretty much outline and take notes on half the chapters in a history book. My notes were awesome. I wrote page numbers so that I could readily switch to the book. I colour coded. I also practised writing in lettering as close as I could get it to the kind found in (hand lettered) comic books, quoted <i>Firefly</i> and apparently even made a note about FFVII. I don't remember the last bit, but my brother lent it out to a friend of his who is taking the same class, and he wanted to know how in the world I managed to tie that in with European history.

If I come up with something while writing an essay, I'll try to throw that in too, but nothing is coming to mind right now.

Aerith's Knight
04-11-2008, 03:45 PM
I have to put references on every report.. the last one was 1 A4 filled with journal and books.

rubah
04-11-2008, 05:28 PM
not that kind of reference, AK xD Like inside jokes!
I don't usually put those things in.

Aerith's Knight
04-11-2008, 06:10 PM
ooh inside jokes.. those are good too.. its usually physicists making fun of bioligists :p

qwertysaur
04-11-2008, 07:20 PM
ooh inside jokes.. those are good too.. its usually physicists making fun of bioligists :p
:mad: At least spell biologists correctly.

Aerith's Knight
04-11-2008, 07:36 PM
ooh inside jokes.. those are good too.. its usually physicists making fun of biologists :p
:mad: At least spell biologists correctly.

:rolleyes2