PDA

View Full Version : Kain, The Fifth Wheel

oddler
04-10-2008, 12:48 AM
At the end of the game, Cecil and Rosa are paired up and Edge and Rydia end up getting together. But good old Kain, he's just hanging out. I mean, who can really blame Rosa for not wanting to get with the guy seeing as he almost killed her? But he's got to be feeling pretty rough as the guy that's practically tagging along on a double date.

Question: If you could hook Kain up with any character other than Cecil, Rosa, Edge, and Rydia, who would it be? Expand your mind! It can be anyone from the game. :greenie:

f f freak
04-10-2008, 01:00 AM
The Elder in Mysidia.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-10-2008, 01:04 AM
Edge and Rydia end up getting together.Not really. Edge is last seen pining for Lydia, but she's shown being more than happy occupying herself in the company of the Phantom Beasts.

oddler
04-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Edge and Rydia end up getting together.Not really. Edge is last seen pining for Lydia, but she's shown being more than happy occupying herself in the company of the Phantom Beasts.

Well, that may be true in the most literal sense. In my opinion, it's implied that they will end up together but I could be living in an optimistic fantasy. :choc2:

What about the Elder makes you think he's Kain's type? :greenie:

Roto13
04-10-2008, 01:16 AM
It doesn't look like the ended up together by the sequel. :P

oddler
04-10-2008, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I need to do my research on that. I haven't checked out the info on that game! :lol:

Captain Maxx Power
04-10-2008, 02:19 AM
My firm belief is that, soon after the game ends, Kain realises how bad-ass he is, kills Cecil and claims Rosa and the throne of Baron as his own. Then Edward comes in and pwns him solid and usurps his wench and his principality. :cool:

Crossblades
04-10-2008, 02:28 AM
I always pictured Kain instead of Edge ending with up with Rydia

Evastio
04-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Didn't Valvalis have a thing with Kain? Seriously, I think it said something about it in the PS Version of FFIV.

oddler
04-10-2008, 05:58 AM
Didn't Valvalis have a thing with Kain? Seriously, I think it said something about it in the PS Version of FFIV.

Yes! That's the one I'm going for, personally. I think it actually says something about it in the SNES version, seeing as that's the only one I've played.

04-10-2008, 07:37 AM

Yes! That's the one I'm going for, personally. I think it actually says something about it in the SNES version, seeing as that's the only one I've played.

The only version I played that mentioned something like that was a translated version of FFIV hardtype. I think it was done by J2E. Whoever it was, they apparently had a thing for putting things in games that weren't there to begin with. I played through the damn thing expecting a more authentic translation and ended up with that crap. And they didn't even change the "spoony" line so I still don't know which of 10,000 explatives Tellah could have used >=o

Anyway.... Kane ends up with no one cause it makes him even more cool.

Relapse
04-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Kain is actually gay, so he runs away with Cecil leaving Rydia and Rosa alone who are lesbians ._. Then Edge ends up alone. Lol, I've been thinking too much.

Roogle
04-14-2008, 06:22 PM
At the end of the game, Cecil and Rosa are paired up and Edge and Rydia end up getting together.

I believe that the game and its sequel show that the relationship between Edge and Rydia is shown to be one-sided. This may mean that Rydia does not admit affection like Shion Uzuki and Allen Ridgeley in the Xenosaga series, or it may really be a one-sided relationship.

marysonnie
04-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Hmm, I agree with Crossblades.

fire_of_avalon
04-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Clearly he ends up with Megan Powell.

Takara
04-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Kain x Barbariccia is doomed to fail. She's kinda dead, you know. And dead people in Final fantasy IV don't leave a corpse for long.

scrumpleberry
04-18-2008, 11:25 PM
I don't get why people like the idea of Kain/Rydia so much. They didn't really have any interaction, aside from that time where HE BURNED DOWN HER VILLAGE. Apart from that I could never see any sort of relationship between them. I don't really think that he fancied Rosa on anything more than a superficial level, and I think he was more jealous of Cecil in a roundabout way, not just because of Rosa.

I don't think he was that fussed about lurve at the time of the game, he was more in a "INTERNAL ANGST ;_;" phase imo. I can't see him winding up with any of the main cast. Mebbe he'll find a nice girl (or boy) after the fact.

Roogle
04-22-2008, 06:38 PM
I think Kain is still lacking any sort of romance in his life 17 years later, as there is no mention of him having a wife or family in the early chapters of Final Fantasy IV the After: Tsuki no Kikan.

Morningstar
04-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Aw, poor Kain. I wanna see him end up with Yang's wife. That would be pretty interesting.

Takara
04-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Aw, poor Kain. I wanna see him end up with Yang's wife. That would be pretty interesting.

Well, that'd certainly explain Ursula's platinum blonde hair.:rolleyes2

JustAnotherCid
06-08-2008, 10:46 PM
My firm belief is that, soon after the game ends, Kain realises how bad-ass he is, kills Cecil and claims Rosa and the throne of Baron as his own. The end.

^ Fix'd ^

Kain is win for being a perpetual hardon/hardass. Cecil was such a candyass by comparison! Kain doesn't need anyone.

Dr. Acula
06-09-2008, 05:11 AM
Kain x Barbariccia is doomed to fail. She's kinda dead, you know.

That didn't stop the Cloud/Aerith shippers.:D

FFVIFan
06-16-2008, 10:28 AM
I do recall Barbariccia saying something about Kain being attractive in an evil way. Just don't know. Maybe a dragon armored freak can end up with a wind girl.

Roogle
06-16-2008, 06:04 PM
What were the Elemental Lords, exactly? Were they monsters or what? I guess we'll never really know.

rubah
06-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Kain x Barbariccia is doomed to fail. She's kinda dead, you know.

That didn't stop the Cloud/Aerith shippers.:D

Or Aurikku.

Dr. Acula
06-21-2008, 09:45 AM
I kind of like the idea of Kain/Rydia now, for some reason...

Tiamat3710
06-22-2008, 06:39 AM
If Kain should go out with anybody it should be the hottest chick in the game either Shiva or the Wind Elemental Lord