PDA

View Full Version : just bought a wii xD

.:kerrod:.
04-10-2008, 05:02 AM
so my question, of course, is: when are the crystal chronicle games coming out for this?

Rostum
04-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Probably.

04-10-2008, 02:34 PM
O.O sweet

Crossblades
04-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:My life as a King will be available via WiiWare in May. Crystal Bearers has yet to receive a release date. However, if you're interested in Final Fantasy Fables:Chocobo's Dungeon, that one will be released in July.

04-11-2008, 01:29 AM
thanks ^.^

Roogle
04-15-2008, 09:42 PM
WiiWare titles are purchased and downloaded through the Wii interface, right? Does that mean that My Life As A King is not a full Wii title?

KentaRawr!
04-16-2008, 01:13 AM
WiiWare titles are purchased and downloaded through the Wii interface, right? Does that mean that My Life As A King is not a full Wii title?

I suppose not. It's un-obtainable by disc, and I suppose they had some big limitations considering the low amount of memory. I guess they'd consider this a lesser game than the disc-released games.

Roogle
04-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Will My Life As A King be available for a lesser price because of its status as a WiiWare title? I cannot comprehend what, exactly, Square Enix is attempting to do with this series.

04-17-2008, 01:42 PM
i have no idea about the pricing, but it would be ridiculous to have it cost as much as a game you'd buy at the shop...there's no production or manufacturing costs, and i doubt the game will be as extensive as a regular one, based on the memory restrictions,etc. And on that note, snes games take like, what? 5-10 mins to download? probably less, but how long will a full(ish) game take?!

Roto13
04-19-2008, 06:27 PM
WiiWare is a lot like the Xbox Live Arcade. You download games that aren't very big, but they're still full games. Most of them are about as big and content heavy as games used to be 10 - 15 years ago.

My Life as King is the most expensive WiiWare title announced, at 1500 points, or about $15 US, as opposed to 500 - 1000 points. Most WiiWare games are cheap because they don't cost very much to develop. It wouldn't make sense to invest a lot of money in distributing them via physical means like a DVD ROM, especially since they're so small.

One of the best things about digital distribution of these small games is that it's so cheap and the savings are passed on to the consumer. However, Squenix doesn't seem to understand that, as evidenced by the relatively high price of the game, and further evidenced by the amount of downloadable content available for it. You only start off with the Clavat race, and you actually have to buy the other races seperately. So far, the cost of the game and the first wave of DLC is something like $30, and there's more on the way. In the end, if you want to buy the whole game and all of the "extras" that should have been included in the first place, it's going to end up costing more than the price of a standard disc-based game.

So far, this seems to be the only WiiWare game taking this route, as the rest of the WiiWare titles released in Japan or announced for any other region have stuck to the base price of 500 - 1000 points, without any extra gouging. Everything but My Life as King is using WiiWare for what it was meant for.

Momiji
04-20-2008, 04:30 AM
I heard that 'FFCC: My Life As King' was to be more like a SimCity game than a Final Fantasy game. Is that true?

If that's the case, I want it even less. I suck at games like those. :(

Roto13
04-20-2008, 05:06 AM
It's like Sim Kingdom. :P

Momiji
04-20-2008, 12:44 PM
I want it even less then. :p

Roogle
04-22-2008, 06:03 PM
What is Square Enix trying to accomplish with the Crystal Chronicles series? Does this game have some kind of multiplayer functionality besides viewing and sharing others' characters? These games seem to have no thematic continuity.

Roto13
04-22-2008, 06:23 PM
As far as I can tell, it takes place in the same universe as the other Crystal Chronicles games, but that's about as far as it goes. It's completely different in gameplay from the other games. It's not an adventure game at all.

I haven't heard anything regarding multiplayer gameplay. I don't really know how it would work.

Crossblades
04-22-2008, 08:59 PM
As far as I can tell, it takes place in the same universe as the other Crystal Chronicles games, but that's about as far as it goes. It's completely different in gameplay from the other games. It's not an adventure game at all.

I haven't heard anything regarding multiplayer gameplay. I don't really know how it would work.

I don't think it has multiplayer. It wouldn't make sense to have one anyway since this game is mostly about building your own kingdom. And this game takes place right after the GC version.

What is Square Enix trying to accomplish with the Crystal Chronicles series? Does this game have some kind of multiplayer functionality besides viewing and sharing others' characters? These games seem to have no thematic continuity.

You should take a look at this thread

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles/107450-e3-ffcc-interview-reveals-chronological-order-3-games-more.html

Roto13
05-06-2008, 03:14 AM
For anyone curious, the game is 42.01 megs. I'm downloading it right now and then I'm going to see if I can get that Twilight Hack I've been hearing about working so I can give it a test spin. :P

Roogle
05-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Are you referring to a variant of this Twilight Hack (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_hack)?

Roto13
05-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Yes, that one. I haven't gotten around to trying it yet, though. Apparently there's more to it than just downloading a save file.

EDIT: I never did get around to it. :P But the game is out as of last Monday. Anyone piss away their precious money on it?