PDA

View Full Version : Again, Again!

oddler
04-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Have you ever played a game to the end and then started again immediately after you beat it?

I remember doing that with Super Metroid a couple times. I thought that game was so awesome that, after busting up Mother Brain and escaping, I popped open another file and kept rolling like nothing happened. :p

I've done it with Bomberman64, too. Actually, that's a game I haven't played in a while. Maybe I'll whip that one out in the near future.

Rostum
04-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Well, not played straight after it... But with a fair amount of RPG's that I finish (most recently Crisis Core) I have thought "I really want to play it again!" but I hold myself back because I know I'll love it more when I play it again later down the track.

Hmm, actually, when I was younger I remember playing Aladdin on the Super Nintendo, and then straight away playing Aladdin on Sega Mega Drive. They were slightly different though.

Nifleheim7
04-10-2008, 02:09 PM
I remember beating Tomb Raider 2 a couple of times in a row.It was my first PS game ever so i was quite ecstatic about it but i still think it was one of the best games on Playstation.I did the same with TR 3 mostly because i wanted to explore all the different routes and get all secrets.
I also did that with
Resident Evil 2
Silent Hill 2 (i wanted to see all endings)
and Resident Evil 4

Dreddz
04-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Only ever did that with one game. And that was FFVII.

Momiji
04-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Unless it's a game that can be completed in around an hour or less, no, I don't usually like replaying games right away.

Breine
04-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Nope, I don't think I ever done that. When I've finished a game I'll most likely not play it again, let alone begin a new file, at least for a month or so.

Aerith's Knight
04-10-2008, 07:05 PM
once.. but that game had seven different endings

Evastio
04-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I'll sometimes do that with games. I won't save or make a new file though.

Psychotic
04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
I've replayed games like Dynasty Warriors and LotR with different characters but I doubt that counts. Dead Rising and Gears of War are two of the most recent ones that spring to mind, though.

Heath
04-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Perfect Dark, but that was to go through the game on a different difficulty setting so - again - I'm not entirely sure if that counts. Otherwise I did the same as Psychotic with Dynasty Warriors. Oh and Tetris naturally, but there's no end to Tetris, is there? xD

Roto13
04-10-2008, 10:17 PM
I did it with FF X-2 to get the extra ending. I played through Tales of Sypmphonia three times when I first got it. :P

New Game + for the win.

LunarWeaver
04-10-2008, 11:18 PM
I've done it with a quite a few! At least, I used to. These days I only do it with great New Game + games or ones with lots of cutscenes I want to experience once more. I have beaten every Final Fantasy that's VII and up at least twice in a row. That's something!

Iceglow
04-11-2008, 12:21 AM
The foremost game in my memory I done this to was Halo 3, me Psy and Dan had just completed it on legendary and I just suddenly kicked off in solo mode on it whooping ass.

I've done it with FF8, FF9 and several others, I loved FFX's blitzball so much I went back after completing the game to a save in killika so I could try to beat the goers in the first game it's difficult I'll give it that. Also FFTA

Pete for President
04-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Metal Gear Solid 1, FFX, Metal Gear Solid 3, to name a few...

Shoeberto
04-11-2008, 12:52 AM
RE4 is pretty good for that, mostly I just started a new game to be able to save up and get the Chicago Typewriter... it goes by pretty fast once you have that :)

Then after beating it, I started another game just to play through the whole deal with the Chicago Typewriter and buy the Infinite Rocket Launcher.

NeoCracker
04-11-2008, 01:00 AM
I'm doing it with Mana Khemia right now, since there seems to be 8 possible endings to this one.

Jessweeee♪
04-11-2008, 01:04 AM
FFVIII, FFX-2, and ToF :p

Other games I let soak in for a day.

ljkkjlcm9
04-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Tales of Symphonia

recently? Not really. But I know I'll want to play back through Baroque, considering there are so many ways to affect the story.

THE JACKEL

oddler
04-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Whoops. I forgot about the obvious ones I used to roll through and start up again immediately:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Super Mario Bros.

Ichimonji
04-11-2008, 10:56 AM
When I mastered Super Mario Galaxy with 120 stars, I immediately replayed it with Luigi and mastered it all over again. Suffice to say, I obtained 121 stars with both characters in a week of the release date.

Also, I'll usually replay a game with a new game+ feature if I like it enough. I used to immediately replay finished games a lot more years ago. Games like Brave Fencer Musashi, and Final Fantasy titles, etc.

mose-schrute
04-12-2008, 04:37 AM
I always want to but I agree with Jessweee and I usually just let it all soak in, especially if it's a game I just beat/played for the first time. When I beat Crisis Core I wanted to play it again right away and in fact I did but only played for a few minutes before realizing what I was doing and that I had other games to play anyway. I used to play Paper Mario over and over and over though straightaway.

Gilghamut
04-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Lets see...

FFVII
MGS 2: Sons of Liberty
MGS 3: Snake Eater
Resistance: Fall of Man
Heavenly Sword
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Doom II
Half-Life 2
God of War I and II

Bolivar
04-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Metal Gear Solid 3. The first time I beat it, and again about 2 weeks ago. Especially b/c I get all the bosses' camo on the first playthrough, then go through it playing boss battles to enjoy them on the next time.

Levian
04-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Clock Tower had 10 endings, so for the 2 worst endings the game is very short.

Lawr
04-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Chrono Trigger (New Game+ d00ds!)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-14-2008, 05:43 PM
I replayed Tales of Symphonia because I didn't get Kratos back in my party the first play through.

I restarted playing Final Fantasy X-2 right after I beat it the first time so I could try to get the 100%, but I quit after chapter 1.

Roogle
04-14-2008, 06:13 PM
I have never played the same game twice, consecutively. Is it my playing style, I wonder?

Tabris
04-14-2008, 08:29 PM
I have only done it once - I started playing FF XII for the second time only hours after I've beaten it fr the first time.