PDA

View Full Version : Bang! Bang! Patew, patew! SchwiiiiiinG!

KentaRawr!
04-11-2008, 05:48 AM
What's your favorite kind of shooter? :p

CimminyCricket
04-11-2008, 05:49 AM
F.E.A.R. was tons of fun!

XxSephirothxX
04-11-2008, 05:59 AM
The Halo kind.

Rostum
04-11-2008, 06:24 AM
I get too dizzy and feel really sick when I play first person shooters. :( Though I did have a bit of fun with Bioshock, mainly because I liked its art style. Eh, I just don't know much about shooters to really say anything about them.

Vermachtnis
04-11-2008, 07:02 AM
Metroid Prime, just need to play the 3rd one.

Breine
04-11-2008, 08:48 AM
GoldenEye, Metroid Prime and Time Splitters (although only in multiplayer when it comes to Time Splitters).

Rostum
04-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Hmm, do rail-shooters count? Cause I used to love them!

Iceglow
04-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Halo, Halo and god more Halo

Dreddz
04-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Shmups I suppose. Not a big fan of 1st and 3rd person shooters to be honest. Only old school for me.

Markus. D
04-11-2008, 01:47 PM
I still love Perfect Dark... n_n

Ichimonji
04-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I like all shooters really. Mass Effect (techically an RPG, I know), and Metroid Prime are some of my favourites.

Momiji
04-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Shmups, easily. I'm not a huge fan of FPS games. I'll play Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4 once it a while, but it's not my thing.

Randgris
04-11-2008, 03:25 PM
I don't really play FPS but I got introduced to WarRock (kinda like counter strike, only you can ride vehicles like a chinook, a minitank and even a black hawk jet) and I play fairly good as a sniper. I usually do 1 hit KO's or headshots. BTW, its an online game.

JKTrix
04-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Ikaruga! I play more 1st/3rd person shooters, but Ikaruga the 'shmup' would be my favourite shooter.

Peegee
04-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Probably the um..unreal tournament types. Run around, pew pew, and kill as many as possible.

Alucard von Elru
04-11-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm not much of a shooter fan of any variety, although I've found a couple of rail-shooters that have really gripped me.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is ace. It took a while to get used to, but it really is phenomenally paced and expertly designed, and is light years beyond the original. Its unique, artistic approach to its design and atmosphere also paved the way for a lot of my favourite future games (like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus).

Rez is an absolute jaw-dropper. Its pacing and overall design are superior even to Zwei, and the game's overall concept and brilliant execution absolutely floored me. No surprise, as it was designed by many ex-Team Andromeda members (including Katsumi Yokota, an artist for Zwei and LEAD artist for Panzer Dragoon Saga).

Lastly, Panzer Dragoon Orta for the Xbox is pretty brilliant. It's quite different from Zwei. It's not nearly as tight and tries perhaps a bit too hard to inject complexity into the simplistic mechanics of the rail-shooter design. Additionally, after coming off of the RPG/Adventure high of Saga, it was a bit weird going back to a rail-shooter format. Also, the story, though good, had some odd inconsistencies (as it wasn't headed by series creator Yukio Futatsugi). However, Orta was still an impressive experience. It had wonderful controls and enemy designs, and I enjoyed many of its almost RPG-like strategic additions (boss encounters used a system almost entirely ripped out of Saga, for example). Its world was gloriously presented, the music was as beautiful as ever... Orta is probably THE most gorgeous game of the entire previous generation! In many ways, it combines the best aspects of Zwei and Saga. Although it doesn't quite equal them, it actually has ended up becoming a perfect starting-off point for potential fans of the series. If you aren't sure of where to begin, and don't want to commit yet to the cost of a Saturn and the previous games, Orta is a phenomenal preview and it was a wonderful love-letter to the series' fans! Have no doubt, Orta alone is very much worth owning an Xbox for. Speaking personally, Orta is THE reason I own an Xbox. If it weren't for that glorious, beautiful game, I'd have gotten rid of mine.

So yeah, Zwei, Rez, and Orta are masterful.