PDA

View Full Version : Create The Magic

TyphoonThaReapa
04-11-2008, 10:15 AM
A'yo, it's a pretty simply topic. Create a FF magic of your own choosing. Whether it's a grossly overpowered or a perfectly reasonable magic. So, be creative...:cool:

Rantz
04-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Crucio! Crucio! Crucio! *points wand*

blackmage_nuke
04-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Spell for FFVIII onward-
Bolt/Bolta/Boltaga, because calling it thunder makes no sense!!!

And a spell that gives the enemy a random weakness like the Edgar's deliberator tool in VI. That was fun

Randgris
04-11-2008, 03:21 PM
I got bored

Trunade - Wind Elemental, DMG + Silence
Maximize - Stat effect, Increases targets size, increasing def and Max HP but cutting accuracy and speed in half.
Nether - Stat effect, causes slow, reduces enemy Spirit to 0
Coma - Reduce target HP to 1. Success depends on Luck

Gilthanes
04-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Spell for FFVIII onward-

QFT on that one. Since when did Loud noise in sky = giant lightning bolt? NOT THE SAME

If anything it would be Lightning, Lightninga, and Lightningaga (ugghh), which is quite a mouth full, so I vote for Bolt/Bolta/Boltaga

Vivisteiner
04-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Ultimare

or maybe

Flultima

or maybe even

Holaretima

Heath
04-11-2008, 10:39 PM
"Prod" in honour of the brilliant attack from Worms. Would do mild physical damage and push the target into the other row (e.g. from back to front).

Clawsze
04-11-2008, 11:10 PM
"Prod" in honour of the brilliant attack from Worms. Would do mild physical damage and push the target into the other row (e.g. from back to front).

QFT

Doink-Summons a tonberry knife. Deals 99% of total HP on first attack, also attacking for 99999999 on the second attack.

leader of mortals
04-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Can we make attack skills too?

Skills
Quad attack: Does 4 hits at 3/4 damage. 25mp

Assasin strike: Has a chance of killing enemy or damaging enemy at 5/8. Death rate is 10%. 18mp

Heaven and Earth(cookie for anyone who guesses where I got the name): 2 hits, one upwards and one downwards. Delays you slightly. deals normal damage each hit, so total is 200%. 50% chance of enemy delay(major delay). 23mp

Magic
Mystic Flare: Like darkside, only with mp. Damage is 6*base magic damage*(Mp cost/50). Mp cost is 10% current mp.

Holy missile: Strikes 1 enemy with a holy element attack. Damage is 3*base magic damge. 19 mp.

Holy blast: Strikes 1 enemy with a powerful holy elemental attack. Damage is 7*base magic damage. 47 mp.

Holy bomb: Strikes all enemies with a very powerful holy elemental attack. Damage is 5.75*base magic damage. 75 mp.

I think I did alright balancing them... sort of.

Vermachtnis
04-11-2008, 11:34 PM
!Bravo - Gives target an extra turn and raises STR/MAG

!Boom - Randomly targets allie or enemy turning them into a bomb that explodes in three turns dealing massive damage to their side.

!Idiot - Yells at the targets and deals little damage, but embarases them making them to miss more.

blackmage_nuke
04-12-2008, 07:53 AM
They should also bring back vanish

Blue Harvest
04-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Quake, Quaka and Quakaga. FF needs earth element spells!

Loony BoB
04-17-2008, 04:13 PM
FF does have Quake spells. :p Play FFVII. :)

Spell for FFVIII onward-

QFT on that one. Since when did Loud noise in sky = giant lightning bolt? NOT THE SAME

If anything it would be Lightning, Lightninga, and Lightningaga (ugghh), which is quite a mouth full, so I vote for Bolt/Bolta/Boltaga
One could argue that they are the same, considering the Lightning Bolt creates the Lightning Thunder. However I would agree that the bolt is the actual part of the lightning that would hurt you, rather than the sound. So yeah, that makese sense.

As for a new magic rather than renaming, I would go for something like Cook. I mean, some of those animals have got to taste good, right? Want it rare? Cook. Want it medium? Cooka. Well done? Cookaga!

Heath
04-17-2008, 07:08 PM
As for a new magic rather than renaming, I would go for something like Cook. I mean, some of those animals have got to taste good, right? Want it rare? Cook. Want it medium? Cooka. Well done? Cookaga!

I think Quina would be able to give you a hand with that!

leader of mortals
04-17-2008, 11:14 PM

I think Quina would be able to give you a hand with that!

DARN YOU HEATH! I wanted to say that...

although I am now the first to mention DEVOUR from FF8 SO HA! Yes I win!

Depression Moon
04-17-2008, 11:14 PM
freezebeam- freezes an enemy.

Blue Harvest
04-18-2008, 08:04 AM
FF does have Quake spells. :p Play FFVII. :)

I meant for the more recent games :tongue:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-18-2008, 10:11 PM
''Undress''. Think of the possibilities

blackmage_nuke
04-19-2008, 12:34 AM
''Undress''. Think of the possibilities
I'd rather not:
http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Enemies/B-day%20Suit.gif

Blue Harvest
04-19-2008, 11:43 AM
What happens if you can't use it on party members? Who would want to undress a goblin?

Randgris
04-19-2008, 04:07 PM
What happens if you can't use it on party members? Who would want to undress a goblin?

They would have a black "CENSORED" bar on them, and I think it would lower their self esteem, hindering their attacks until the status is over.

Roogle
04-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Quake, Quaka and Quakaga. FF needs earth element spells!

Final Fantasy XI has a number of earth elemental attack magic; however, it is different from the spell Quake found in the other games, and instead adapts a more traditional form like its magical counterparts:

Stone
Stone II
Stone III
Stone IV
Stone V
Stonega
Stonega II
Stonega III
Stonega IV
Quake
Quake II

05-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Eat-Instant death on ANY opponent that's name is the same as a food's.
Examples from FFXII- Jelly, Flan.

Goldenboko
05-04-2008, 03:40 PM
"Blue Screen" Basically stop, but targets all opponents and has a much cooler name.

Relapse
05-05-2008, 06:48 AM
roulette :P 100MP
its used in some tactics FFs, but not in a normal one (i think)

ultimaga 999MP
cheapass spell lol.

santa claus 128MP
ice dmg. maybe slow. restore hp to your team.

that's it i guess.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Well, more of an ability.

!Spell Fusion: By spending 1/2 of the mp cost of two spells, combine the spells into one to create a unique effect.

So say you want to cast Firaga and Thundaga. You combine the two into something entirely new, in this case something like Firestorm.

Works for other spells too. Meteor and Ultima? Meteoric Annihilation.

Not quite as powerful as X-Magic, but provides for more interesting combinations.