PDA

View Full Version : Hippaul in all his glory

G13
04-13-2008, 08:34 AM
So, I think the first time I played I somehow got Hippaul to help that Red-Mage that had some trouble in the inn, but I can't remember how to do it. The reason I ask is cause you get some pretty good cards from the little chunk-bomber, at least I think I remember you do. If anyone knows or understands this nonsense I just spouted, please share your knowledge, I'd greatly appreciate it!

SeeDRankLou
04-13-2008, 10:09 PM
All you have to do is to go into the Inn, and I think talk to the attendant. Hippaul or his mother will come in and help the Red Mages, depending on the disc. I think Hippaul comes on disc 3, don't quote me on that though. This however has nothing to do with the cards you get from him. The five cards you get from atop the bell tower are just there at the start of disc 3, unless you got them earlier, then you will only get 3 cards. And the cards you get from racing Hippaul are rewards for racing him.

cloud21zidane16
04-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Also if you go to the bell on disc 1 and disc 3 you will still end up with 6 cards all together... i think:rolleyes2

G13
04-14-2008, 12:39 AM
Well, I knew about the tower but I remember Hippaul helping her the first time I played, but then the next few times I couldn't remember how to do it. Thanks for the help, the strtegy guide doesn't help for $#!t!

Quindiana Jones
04-16-2008, 10:28 AM
In Disc 1, you need to make sure that, when you talk to Hippaul in Alexandria Courtyardy bit (where Vivi hands over his fake ticket), he says something along the lines of "My best cards are hidden in a secret place. Tee hee. I'm such a clever little fatty."

Before becoming Puck's slave, you need to ring the bell, and a little chest will fall out, giving you three cards. The only decent one is Ironite.

Sometime in Disc 3, he says something along the same lines and you just do the same to get Ramuh and Shiva.

At least, that's how I remember it. It's been a while since I played.