PDA

View Full Version : Baby's smell good and their toys are awesome

Avarice-ness
04-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Seriously.

I'm gonna be a mommy~ I don't know what gender the baby is yet, because I'm only 18 weeks pregnant (4 months and 2 weeks) but I'll find out next month. =x

I'm in like a super dumb girly mood and wanted to know how everyone feels about a baby and baby stuff!

So! Yeah, I love baby clothes because I'm dumb like that. My sister bought me a little onesie yesterday that says "Hi, I'm new here" and has a little earth above the words. xD
Then when me and my sister and boyfriend and neices were looking at stuff, My boyfriend became enamored with the baby toys. I'm like "Dude, we're going to have all those you don't need to play with him now."
But then, when I think of when my neices were little, I found baby toys some of the most entertaining things EVER.

So! What were your favorite baby toys? Are there any cool things that are NEW that you think are neat or would like to recomend?

First things first, every kid needs a Gloworm. Hands down~

Rye
04-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Holy crap, congrats! Baby baby baby! :jess:

You should get lots of music and art toys, I just love those. They have big crayon balls now that are too big to be put in the mouth, but just the right size for a baby hand. They're cute. :jess:

Avarice-ness
04-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Holy crap, congrats! Baby baby baby! :jess:

You should get lots of music and art toys, I just love those. They have big crayon balls now that are too big to be put in the mouth, but just the right size for a baby hand. They're cute. :jess:

Thanks! :D

And omg, yeah I'm going to have those annoying little bell piano's that have like 3 keys, and OMG I've seen those! Those things are ginormous but yeah my baby's gonna end up being that kid who like sneaks over and draws on all the walls and then is all proud of it so you wanna yell but you wanna congratulate. xD
But then again... that's what Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are for!

NeoCracker
04-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Well, I hate babies.

But if you like them, congrats. And make sure to get him into anime at an early age.

The day he is old enough to understand most words, get him hooked on Miyazaki.

Avarice-ness
04-13-2008, 11:47 PM
Well, I hate babies.

But if you like them, congrats. And make sure to get him into anime at an early age.

The day he is old enough to understand most words, get him hooked on Miyazaki.

With my luck the kids gonna like Jazz and then be all "LOL metal" 'cause of mine and my boyfriends (soon to be husband) musical differences. xD

I feel like running them over with a garbage truck - repeatedly.
Why a garbage truck? So it's easy to dispose of the... thing.

I loathe children, infants most of all.
:cry:
I bet my baby could make your soul come back. S/he will be -that- awesome.

Nominus Experse
04-13-2008, 11:49 PM
You better hope I am never a garbageman.

NeoCracker
04-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Couldn't you just steal a garbage truck and do it anyway?

Avarice-ness
04-13-2008, 11:52 PM
You better hope I am never a garbageman.

You better hope the baby doesn't shine it's cute rays on both of you and bring your soul back to were you turn into overly gay men with fetishes for brightly color'd things and the love of life and everything about it. :mad:

My baby's the jesus to your antichrist.

Nominus Experse
04-13-2008, 11:53 PM
That would make too much sense/easy.

NeoCracker
04-14-2008, 12:05 AM
The only cute that works on me is Girls darling. :p

And not baby girls, 16+ year old girls.

Miriel
04-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Congrats! How does it feel to have something growing inside you? o_o Do you have any preference for the sex? Baby girls are soooooo cute! Baby boys are cute too but not as cute as baby girls.

I don't have any recommendations for baby toys, but I do know that breast feeding is a TON more beneficial for the baby than formula, so breast feed a lot and your baby will be healthier, happier and their cognitive skills will be better developed. :)

Mirage
04-14-2008, 12:08 AM
But you're so young, Ashley!

I hope it's a girl!

Avarice-ness
04-14-2008, 12:17 AM
The only cute that works on me is Girls darling. :p

And not baby girls, 16+ year old girls.

Pfft. xD

Congrats! How does it feel to have something growing inside you? o_o Do you have any preference for the sex? Baby girls are soooooo cute! Baby boys are cute too but not as cute as baby girls.

I don't have any recommendations for baby toys, but I do know that breast feeding is a TON more beneficial for the baby than formula, so breast feed a lot and your baby will be healthier, happier and their cognitive skills will be better developed. :)

xD Actually kinda weird, last week I was able to feel the baby moving around and now like every time I'm sitting or laying in a position the baby doesn't like, the baby will poke me, kick, do what ever s/he does to get me to change position. xD Sometimes if I have my computer on my legs near my abdominal area and have music on, the baby will annoy me til I turn it off.
I'm like "Holy crap I'm only 18 weeks pregnant and the baby's already realized that poking me makes me change things, I'm going to be screwed when the baby can kick the crap out of me." xD Of course my sister is like "Dude, the baby's fingers are like the size of my pinky nail, s/he is not poking you!" but it feels like I'm being poked. xD

And yeah, I so want a girl. My boyfriend, his family, and my brother-in-law want the baby to be a boy but... seriously baby girls ARE cuter than baby boys!

I'm debating on breast feeding. My boobs are already like "HAHA YOU GET NEW BRAS" so yeah, with that and the fact that it is better for baby, I might end up breast feeding.

But you're so young, Ashley!

I hope it's a girl!
xD

It's okay Mirage, you knew the whole time~

But we realized, that like.. My mom had her first baby the last week of August, My sister had her first baby the last week of August, and now my baby may be born the last week of august. And we were all 21 or 22. It's kinda funny~

AND YEAH, Here's hoping for a girl.

Tallulah
04-14-2008, 12:22 AM
Congratulations! *squeals*

My friend's little boy, Taylor, got absolutely spoiled rotten on his first Christmas/birthday; he got a thousand and one toys from all his grandparents. It was particularly special since he was the first grandson.

As soon as he was old enough I got him Thomas the Tank Engine toys. Harking back to my own youth... :love:

TyphoonThaReapa
04-14-2008, 12:34 AM
AH HA!!! I knew it! Your avatar says it all...well sort of...anyway congrats on the baby. That's what you get for dancing...:cool:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-14-2008, 01:15 AM
can't remember my toys, can remember the yummy food though

Goldenboko
04-14-2008, 01:19 AM
Wow, Congrats Ava :D

Any names in mind?

Dolentrean
04-14-2008, 01:23 AM
Congrats and all that Jazz. I personally dont like kids, they annoy me... but I think I would be a cool uncle.

You should name the baby Ninja Baby Super Fly!

Aerith's Knight
04-14-2008, 01:26 AM
Congratulations, If the baby will be anything like his/her mommy, then I'm sure that everything will be great. n__n

Did you think up a name yet?

I played a lot with lego, but for infants i suggest Duplo instead. Oh and of course things that make noise when you push a button :p

qwertysaur
04-14-2008, 02:12 AM
Congrats Ava. You should keep the gender a surprise until you deliver.:p

Goldenboko
04-14-2008, 02:13 AM
Hey, Weebles wobble.

But they don't...
fall... down! :eek:

Marshall Banana
04-14-2008, 02:22 AM
Strawberry is a cute name. :ichigo:

Takara
04-14-2008, 02:42 AM
Congrats, hon!

I'm not sure you'll still be saying that babies smell good once you have to change diapers. :D

LunarWeaver
04-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Whoa nelly, congrats Avashley. :snowman: It's so great you're really excited about your new mini-Mayor.

I don't know much about babies, though... I have no recommendations! Buy the baby a Moogle plushie and let him/her chew on its lil' pom pom thing.

Roto13
My sister bought me a little onesie yesterday that says "Hi, I'm new here" and has a little earth above the words. xD

Oh my god.

That is just about the cutest thing I've ever heard.

Goldenboko
Congrats, hon!

I'm not sure you'll still be saying that babies smell good once you have to change diapers. :D

Look! Look!

I made a potty! :bigsmile:

Babies are the cutest pooping machines on earth.

Peegee
04-14-2008, 02:52 AM
Not many people here know this, but I have a teddy bear that's two years 'younger' than I am. Nobody smurfs with my teddy bear. Sometimes I wonder why people from my parents' generation don't have a teddy bear -- don't they keep their toys? I keep the things that matter with me.

Anyway as for new baby's toys, I don't know anything that isn't a ridiculously worthless fad. I would like to see baby toys that motivate development in reasoning skills, if that's at all possible. I'm sure such things exists too.

Dynast-Kid
04-14-2008, 02:53 AM
AVARICE!

CONGRATULATIONS, MA'AM!!! :bigsmile:

EDITGA: Please don't buy your little bundle o' joy this (http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&fg=rss&vid=a7c860ab-4c04-4e0f-8006-dfe707f20419&from=34)toy!

escobert
04-14-2008, 03:41 AM
wow congrats Ashley!
Liz and I had a scare but we're pretty sure she isn't :p

Avarice-ness
04-14-2008, 03:52 AM
Wow, Congrats Ava :D

Any names in mind?

Congrats and all that Jazz. I personally dont like kids, they annoy me... but I think I would be a cool uncle.

You should name the baby Ninja Baby Super Fly!

Congratulations, If the baby will be anything like his/her mommy, then I'm sure that everything will be great. n__n

Did you think up a name yet?

I played a lot with lego, but for infants i suggest Duplo instead. Oh and of course things that make noise when you push a button :p

Thanks! I'm sure the baby will be awesome. Well we've basically decided that somewhere (either first or middle name) there will be a Michelle in there. My sister has done alot for me in my life and alot for Bruce (My boyfriend) since he's been here and we wanna have her name in the babies name. If it's a boy it'll prolly have a Michael in it or something.

Right now we're leaning towards the name Merrina (Mer-ree-na) Michelle if it's a girl. If it's a boy... then PFFT, I want a girl. xD I haven't even started with boy names.

Congrats Ava. You should keep the gender a surprise until you deliver.:p

I don't think I could handle that. xD I -LOVE- Girly stuff, so like yeah.. the second I can find out if it's a boy or a girl, I wanna know. ... And it better be a girl. XD

Congrats, hon!

Whoa nelly, congrats Avashley. :snowman: It's so great you're really excited about you're new mini-Mayor.

I don't know much about babies, though... I have no recommendations! Buy the baby a Moogle plushie and let him/her chew on its lil' pom pom thing.

xD Thanks and yeah, but while they're clean they smell good.
And dude that'd be so cute! I need a moogle plushie now.

My sister bought me a little onesie yesterday that says "Hi, I'm new here" and has a little earth above the words. xD

Oh my god.

That is just about the cutest thing I've ever heard.

xD I can only imagine you going "AWW That's cute" right before you wrote that.

Not many people here know this, but I have a teddy bear that's two years 'younger' than I am. Nobody smurfs with my teddy bear. Sometimes I wonder why people from my parents' generation don't have a teddy bear -- don't they keep their toys? I keep the things that matter with me.

Anyway as for new baby's toys, I don't know anything that isn't a ridiculously worthless fad. I would like to see baby toys that motivate development in reasoning skills, if that's at all possible. I'm sure such things exists too.

I still have my teddy bear that I was given on the day of my birth and I'm -STILL- extremely protective of it. I'll prolly have to like... give it to the baby but I still have a while to clean to it.

And yeah, I really want toys that stimulate the baby and such. Granted really -anything- can entertain a baby but I'd like to get toys that give more brain stimulation in the learning areas then like.. the "LOL THAT'S FUNNY" areas. Weebo-wobbles are not as stimulating as like.. little balls with letters and number all over then that tell you what letter or number it is. .. But they are more fun.

AVARICE!

CONGRATULATIONS, MA'AM!!! :bigsmile:

EDITGA: Please don't buy your little bundle o' joy this (http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&fg=rss&vid=a7c860ab-4c04-4e0f-8006-dfe707f20419&from=34)toy!

xD Thanks and omg I saw that and when it was like "KILL JAMES" I'm like "O-M-G W-T-F! DUDE!" That's crazy stuff. I was never much of an elmo fan anyways.

wow congrats Ashley!

xD Thanks and you're pretty sure she isn't? Does that mean there's still the possibility. xD

Goldenboko
04-14-2008, 03:55 AM
If you get a boy, and he comes to this site and sees this thread when he grows up, he'll probably feel bad xD

Disco Potato
04-14-2008, 04:06 AM
I'm late, but congratulations!!! :jess:. I've learned a bunch of stuff about what NOT to do with babies, but of course I've forgotten almost all of it :p. Except for something to do with the fact that Baby Einstein doesn't help babies o_O

Avarice-ness
04-14-2008, 04:11 AM
If you get a boy, and he comes to this site and sees this thread when he grows up, he'll probably feel bad xD

xD That'd suck.. but then again it -would- be kind of funny.

I'm late, but congratulations!!! :jess:. I've learned a bunch of stuff about what NOT to do with babies, but of course I've forgotten almost all of it :p. Except for something to do with the fact that Baby Einstein doesn't help babies o_O

Thanks! and Yeah... most things on Baby Einstein I'd be able to recreate in my own home and have it like 12389284923% more entertaining. XD

NeoCracker
04-14-2008, 04:20 AM
I don't think I could handle that. xD I -LOVE- Girly stuff, so like yeah.. the second I can find out if it's a boy or a girl, I wanna know. ... And it better be a girl. XD

I'm so going to find you and tell your child this if it turns out to be a boy.

Imagine the emotional Trauma. :love:

Edit: Dammit, didn't notice someone said something about it already.

Goldenboko
04-14-2008, 04:23 AM

I'm so going to find you and tell your child this if it turns out to be a boy.

Imagine the emotional Trauma. :love:

Edit: Dammit, didn't notice someone said something about it already.

lmao, owned... by me. Now thats embarrassing :P

qwertysaur
04-14-2008, 04:30 AM
What if you have a boy and a girl?

NeoCracker
04-14-2008, 04:45 AM
You didn't own me. I owned myself for fucking up.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go give myself a nice hard spanking for the failure. ;)

Avarice-ness
04-14-2008, 04:46 AM
What if you have a boy and a girl?

.. Well then I have no idea what I'd do. XD I'm pretty sure there's only one in there. But yeah with my luck it'd be like "LOL QUINTS"

I'd be okay if it were boy and girl twins though, as long as I got the little girl I want!

escobert
04-14-2008, 05:06 AM
wow congrats Ashley!

xD Thanks and you're pretty sure she isn't? Does that mean there's still the possibility. xD
No she isn't xP

Avarice-ness
04-14-2008, 05:47 AM
wow congrats Ashley!

No she isn't xP

XD You never know~ Maybe one day you'll want that cute bouncing baby!

KoShiatar
04-14-2008, 05:55 AM
Congratulations! My big sis had two girls and they're like, the cutest thing in the world (the younger one is 3 now). When your belly grows, you'll feel the baby move and it'll be awesome. Your belly will make a lot of strange shapes, too XD it doesn't stay round if the baby decides he wants to stretch his legs.

Avarice-ness
04-14-2008, 06:02 AM
Congratulations! My big sis had two girls and they're like, the cutest thing in the world (the younger one is 3 now). When your belly grows, you'll feel the baby move and it'll be awesome. Your belly will make a lot of strange shapes, too XD it doesn't stay round if the baby decides he wants to stretch his legs.

xD Girl babies are always the cutest.

And yeah at the moment all I get is the baby getting annoyed with me and just like moving around to unannoy itself. Usually if I turn to far on my side the baby will move around until I turn, and just like 15 minutes ago my computer was pressing -VERY SLIGHTLY- against the lower part of my stomach and I'd get the baby moving against it.
At 18/19 weeks I'm glad to have an active baby but I can only imagine how the baby's going to be at 8 months. XD

I started noticing the movements at first like mid-last week and I thought that maybe it was just like gas bubbles or something bubbley but then I realized it only does it at certain times. Like if I'm laying on my back, to far over on my side, or if I have something on or even near my tummy that causes ANY amount of pressure. Now it's gotten to were, if I've got my body turned a bit the baby will do it, and when I straighten up I can feel the baby moving a bit and then just calm down. So I prolly just made her/him uncomfy.

escobert
04-14-2008, 06:04 AM
wow congrats Ashley!

No she isn't xP

XD You never know~ Maybe one day you'll want that cute bouncing baby!

No we do but just not atm :p

Breine
04-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Babies are cute, but I don't know whether or not I want to be a parent or not. It depends on so much.

Anyway, congrats on being pregnant! :)

Renmiri
04-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Wow Congrats!!! You are going to have soo much fun! :love:

*** Girly Squeal ****

On the topic of toys, make sure you get one of those musical toys that sings a lullaby when you pull on it. It's a godsend to make the baby sleep when you are too exhausted to sing :D

And to add to the moogle doll : Buy a moogle cap for the baby! on a onesie, with a moogle cap and a pompom you will have your own "little moogle" to play with :love:

I have 3 kids, so feel free to ask questions if you ever run out of advice givers around you (one of the burdens of pregnancy and being a new mom, everyone wants to tell you how to do things, even people you never met before in your life!)

I am sure someone will give you the book "what to expect when you are expecting". Toss it aside and ignore it: way too big and boring! Instead, buy "Girlfriend's guide to Pregnancy" by Vicky Iovine, much better and easy to read. Oh and get a pregnancy diary too if you can. You will love reading it after you have the baby. Being pregnant is awesome, even with the morning sickness and the waddling duck walk, so you will want to remember how you felt later.

Good Luck :love:

BardTard
04-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Everyone I know who has small children, their houses all smell the same. Not pleasant. I do like their toys though. Congratulations, babies are cute, but I don't want one. Hope for a boy. Girls are a pain. If it is a girl though will you name it after me? :)

Randgris
04-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Wow congratulations. I hope you're health is fine.

What would be your baby's color motiff? I suggest white cause its a unisex color.

Anyway on with topic. We saved most of our baby toys, but I think the most important is those mobiles fishes/stars hangs overhead.

snacks
04-14-2008, 04:13 PM
o_O

Why didn't I KNOW?

Congrats!

Avarice-ness
04-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Babies are cute, but I don't know whether or not I want to be a parent or not. It depends on so much.

Anyway, congrats on being pregnant! :)

Thanks!

Wow Congrats!!! You are going to have soo much fun! :love:

*** Girly Squeal ****

On the topic of toys, make sure you get one of those musical toys that sings a lullaby when you pull on it. It's a godsend to make the baby sleep when you are too exhausted to sing :D

And to add to the moogle doll : Buy a moogle cap for the baby! on a onesie, with a moogle cap and a pompom you will have your own "little moogle" to play with :love:

I have 3 kids, so feel free to ask questions if you ever run out of advice givers around you (one of the burdens of pregnancy and being a new mom, everyone wants to tell you how to do things, even people you never met before in your life!)

I am sure someone will give you the book "what to expect when you are expecting". Toss it aside and ignore it: way too big and boring! Instead, buy "Girlfriend's guide to Pregnancy" by Vicky Iovine, much better and easy to read. Oh and get a pregnancy diary too if you can. You will love reading it after you have the baby. Being pregnant is awesome, even with the morning sickness and the waddling duck walk, so you will want to remember how you felt later.

Good Luck :love:

xDDD My sister bought me "What to expect when you are expecting" like two days ago. She'd kill me if I didn't read atleast some of it, she read it with both her kids.xD
And yeah I should!
Granted I don't want to remember mourning sickness, I just got out of the "EVERY SMELL MAKES ME VOMIT" phase like a month ago. And when I mean every smell, like every time I'd walk into the house wether it smelled bad or good I end up going to the bathroom to throw my guts out while my boyfriends like "BUT I JUST CLEANED THE HOUSE IT SMELLS GOOD. ; ;" xD

Everyone I know who has small children, their houses all smell the same. Not pleasant. I do like their toys though. Congratulations, babies are cute, but I don't want one. Hope for a boy. Girls are a pain. If it is a girl though will you name it after me? :)

I'll prolly end up like my sister. She's a candle -freak- she has some kind of smelly thing going on in every room at every time every day, be it candles, plug in smelly things or even just those little things you can sit down, open up, and smell up the house.
PFFT, I want a girl. Girls are a pain but we're totally the cutest ever!

And nah, we're naming the baby with Michelle if it's a girl or some kind of male form of Michelle if it's a boy because my sisters done alot for me in my life (practically raising me in high school) and even has done alot for my boyfriend in the time he's been here with me, so me and him both agree'd that somewhere the baby will have a "Michelle" in it. XD

Wow congratulations. I hope you're health is fine.

What would be your baby's color motiff? I suggest white cause its a unisex color.

Anyway on with topic. We saved most of our baby toys, but I think the most important is those mobiles fishes/stars hangs overhead.

Thanks! And yeah my health is good, I'm finally in that point where like.. EVERYTHINGS WONDERFUL, because I'm out of morning sickness. And the baby likes to poke at me to remind me s/he's fine too.

And actually, I totally want the baby's room to be covered in Fischer-Price's Rainforest Jumping Tiger stuff. XD Bright color's, cute little animals. Yeah it's ADORABLE. If I don't chose that, I'd go with greens or yellows..

Then again if they say it's a girl it'll be "EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE PINK AND PURPLE AND CUTE~"
So who knows. xD

And I love mobiles. <3

o_O

Why didn't I KNOW?

Congrats!

I dunno. xD I actually posted about it on my Lj like two days before I made the topic here.
Thank you~

Jojee
04-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Oh, my god :O Babies scare me. But 'grats!

NeoCracker
04-15-2008, 05:52 AM
If I could post it without getting in trouble, I'd post the whole thing of Patton Oswalt talking about Babies. :p

Avarice-ness
04-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Oh, my god :O Babies scare me. But 'grats!

Thank you~ Babies only scare me when they cry. Which means I'm going to be like "OMG NOOO" like 98% of the babies first year. XD

If I could post it without getting in trouble, I'd post the whole thing of Patton Oswalt talking about Babies. :p

You're mean. :(

Caraliz
04-16-2008, 05:19 AM
I'm not going to be a mommy yet. :( But best of luck to you! Bert's super excited for you. xD

Avarice-ness
04-16-2008, 05:23 AM
I'm not going to be a mommy yet. :( But best of luck to you! Bert's super excited for you. xD

xD Aww, well you still have plenty of time, and thank you!

Tell Bert it's going to be a girl, guys usually get squishy when there are baby girls involved. xD

I know my boyfriend was like wanting a baby boy SOOOO bad but yeah now he's excited for a little girl. <3

Caraliz
04-16-2008, 05:25 AM

Tell Bert it's going to be a girl, guys usually get squishy when there are baby girls involved. xD

I know my boyfriend was like wanting a baby boy SOOOO bad but yeah now he's excited for a little girl. <3
I hope so. We thought I was preggers for awhile and then I got my period and we were like "oh... :("

I'd love twins but it'd kill me xD What if you had twins?

Avarice-ness
04-16-2008, 05:45 AM

I hope so. We thought I was preggers for awhile and then I got my period and we were like "oh... :("

I'd love twins but it'd kill me xD What if you had twins?

xD

Twins would kill me. xD Luckly there's just one little girl in there. The lady that got her first ultrasound right after mine was having twins though, 'cause we waited like 20 minutes for my doctor to come back after all the blood work and he came in and was all "Yeah this lady is going to have twins, so it takes twice as long" XD

Shlup
04-16-2008, 05:54 AM
*does the baby dance like so hard*

I love babies. I am totally gay for babies. I've gone to three baby showers so far this year, going to a fourth one in a couple of weeks, used to be the lead at an infant care center, have siblings as much as nineteen years younger than me... I am totally gay for babies.

Seriously, make as many threads as you want on this subject and I will ensure they do not get closed. *manly face*

My baby advice and favorite toys!
1) Get an electric breats pump, no manual. Manuals are useless.

2) These (http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Avent-Pack-9oz-Bottles/dp/B000056HNX/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1208320544&sr=8-3) are the best bottles. They reduce colic.

3) Nuby makes the best sippy cups though. Also, the fact that they're called "Nuby" (pronounced newbie) is lul.

4) For parent entertainment the LeapFrog Alphabet Pal Caterpillar (http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-Alphabet-Pal%C2%AE-Caterpillar-Colors/dp/B00005OWEP/ref=pd_bbs_7?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1208320288&sr=8-7) is the best. Put him on phonetic and try to make him say a swear word. Hilarious.

5) Babies love Baby Tad (http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-Hug-Learn-Baby-Plush/dp/B00005BHK7/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1208320678&sr=1-1).

6) I've been buying everyone these (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GK5XY2/ref=pd_cp_ba_1?pf_rd_p=278285601&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000RFDQ68&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1TVRX73S5543JNWBSC6W). They just seem neat-o.

7) Boppy (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GK5XY2/ref=pd_cp_ba_1?pf_rd_p=278285601&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000RFDQ68&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1TVRX73S5543JNWBSC6W) is pretty much a must-have. You'll probably get at least three as gifts though.

8) Consider getting a baby lounger and/or an attachment for the crib that vibrates. Babies love those.

9) If it's a boy, I would like to supply you with some anti-circumcision propaganda. :D The article I usually link to appears to have been removed, but this site (http://www.circumcision.org/) also seems good, at a glance. The Penn & Teller episode is good too, though their show is always, admittedly, very biased in presentation.

10) What to Expect When You're Expecting (http://www.amazon.com/What-Expect-When-Youre-Expecting/dp/0761148574/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208321492&sr=8-1) is the only pregnancy book you'll need. What to Expect the First Year (http://www.amazon.com/What-Expect-First-Year-Second/dp/0761129588/ref=pd_sim_b_img_4) is also good. What to Expect When Your Wife's Expanding (http://www.amazon.com/Expect-Expanding-Month-Month-Father/dp/0740767526/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208321587&sr=1-1) also comes highly recommended.

11) Frozen waffles are great for teething.

...I MUST THINK OF MORE! *goes baby mad*

escobert
04-16-2008, 08:05 AM

I don't care either way :p Liz and I were talking about how we wouldn't want a girly girl tho xD we need a kid who wants to play video games with it's nerdy parents.

and yeah twins would be sweet! since my dad was a twin and liz's mom is a twin maybe we'll have super twins!

Behold the Void
04-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Man, I don't even want to think about having kids at my (and your) age. So very different, I suppose :)

Anyway, congratulations on your upcoming blessing. Hopefully you'll still be thinking of it as a blessing whilst you're changing her diapers and waking up to feed her at 3:00 a.m. :p

Avarice-ness
04-16-2008, 04:55 PM
@Shlup: WOWWEE. I'll keep all those in mind, and I'm actually reading What to Expect When You're Expecting at the moment. And I was actually looking at one of those little crib vibrators the other day!
And dude, I never even thought of frozen waffles.
You're so awesome. :D

I don't care either way :p Liz and I were talking about how we wouldn't want a girly girl tho xD we need a kid who wants to play video games with it's nerdy parents.

and yeah twins would be sweet! since my dad was a twin and liz's mom is a twin maybe we'll have super twins!

xD Actually it's funny because my sister has two girls and like yeah they're both totally girly girls but they're COMPLETE gamers. Like they're about to buy my baby neice (who is 3) her own DS because she takes her sisters and her mom's DS when she wants to play. XD
Not only that but she beats everyone at Super Smash Brothers... which is terrifying.

Man, I don't even want to think about having kids at my (and your) age. So very different, I suppose :)

Anyway, congratulations on your upcoming blessing. Hopefully you'll still be thinking of it as a blessing whilst you're changing her diapers and waking up to feed her at 3:00 a.m. :p

xD Yeah, at this point -every- person except like two of my cousins have had their first kid between the age of 21 and 23. So I guess it's the norm for my family tree.

And thank you! And yeah she'll just be my smelly little doesn't-let-mommy-sleep blessing after she's born. :love:

Caraliz
04-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Omg Shulp is baby crazy. I love it <3

I would give anything for twins. It'd be so cute. :jess:

Ava I wanna come to your baby shower!!

Drift
04-21-2008, 12:28 PM
congratulations! *late*

Loony BoB
04-21-2008, 01:26 PM
And yeah, I so want a girl.

Right now we're leaning towards the name Merrina (Mer-ree-na) Michelle if it's a girl. If it's a boy... then PFFT, I want a girl. xD I haven't even started with boy names.
If it's a boy, someday he may come online at the age of ten and look upon this post and cry. :( You see what you do? YOU SEE?!?!!??!

You're better off having a boy first, anyway. Having grown up with an older sister and a younger sister, I always found my older sister to be embarrassing, annoying and so on. I never liked it, although obviously we've both grown up a lot since then. Having a younger sister, to me at least, meant that I had to take care of her and ensure that if she was ever in trouble that she could count on me. So have the boy first. If a boy has to count on his sister, his friends will make fun of him for it, so he doesn't ever count on her to do much besides (hopefully) staying away. :p

NeoCracker
04-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Just so you know, my Mom is a Feminist man hater, however she said she hates raising girls far more then boys. They tend to cause a lot more illegible drama she said. :p

So you may want to rethink wanting a girl Avvy dear. :p

Momiji
04-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Enjoy, for I'm sure your opinion will change 16 years from now. :p

escobert
04-21-2008, 03:36 PM
You're better off having a boy first, anyway. Having grown up with an older sister and a younger sister, I always found my older sister to be embarrassing, annoying and so on. I never liked it, although obviously we've both grown up a lot since then. Having a younger sister, to me at least, meant that I had to take care of her and ensure that if she was ever in trouble that she could count on me. So have the boy first. If a boy has to count on his sister, his friends will make fun of him for it, so he doesn't ever count on her to do much besides (hopefully) staying away. :p

I agree. I'd like a boy first so he can take care of his sister :p

Jess
04-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Am I the only girl in the world who totally wants boys when she has children (which will not be for a long time) rather than girls? :laugh:

Araciel
04-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Baby's toys are nothing compared to the awesomeness of Lego.

Also, I hope that your child is a masculine child.

(loosely translated as conglaturation.) :)

Shiny
04-22-2008, 01:00 AM
Yay! Congratulations! Baby booties for everyone! :jess:

Goldenboko
04-22-2008, 01:40 AM
Baby's toys are nothing compared to the awesomeness of Lego.

Also, I hope that your child is a masculine child.

(loosely translated as conglaturation.) :)

Don Corleone, I will leave you now, as I know you are a busy man.

Christmas
07-04-2022, 09:54 AM
The kid should be 13 or so by now! We need new young blood in EoFF!! Pls register an account and join our community! We even got a game made by someone from EoFF for everyone in EoFF!!