PDA

View Full Version : MY EYES! THEY BURRRRRN!!!

mooglebunni608
04-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Not really. They're just really out of focus, because today I went to the optomotrist guy, and got a new perscription, and he dialed 8 with my eyes!
Okay, so he dialated them. But dialed 8 sounds better.

And now I can't focus on anything within about a foot of my face, and my pupils are HUGE! You can barely see the blue ><

Also- I'm getting contacts real soon so I can have them for the formal/prom thing. Because I hate my glasses a lot.
Joy <3

So, does you have glasses?? Or contacts? or did you have eyeball surgery? Or maybe you have perfect 20/20 vision?? What color are your eyes?? TELL ME!

Roogle
04-14-2008, 06:15 PM
I do not have any vision problems.

My vision accuity assessments from my childhood and from present time reveal that my vision was greater than normal standards at a younger age, and declined to normal standards after adolescence.

Kes
04-14-2008, 06:18 PM
I've had glasses for quite a long time because my vision is somewhat fail (prescription is L: -4.0 R: -4.5). I got contacts a little more than half a year ago because I was sick of fencing with my glasses on, but I only tend to wear the contacts when I fence. As annoying as glasses can be, I cannot stand reading with my contacts in, and I think I look funny because I'm still not used to seeing me without the frames.

If your eyes are not that fantastic, you might want to make sure you remember where you put your glasses before taking out your contacts. I've made that mistake too many times. >.>

~*~Celes~*~
04-14-2008, 07:35 PM
I've had glasses since I was about 9 or 10. I'm not sure what the vision is in each eye but my left is worse than my right. Last time I went (February), they dialed 8 on my eyes (lawl) too, and found I have a freckle in my left eye o.o My pupils were humongous then, as well.

Also, I am nearsighted...meaning I can't see things far away as clearly as I can see them up close.

BardTard
04-14-2008, 07:49 PM
I used to wear glasses when I was like, 4. But my vision is okay now.

Polaris
04-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Today I had an exam and I had to wear glasses! It depends if I didn't sleep much and if I used the computer all day! :rolleyes2 but my vision usually it's ok sometimes it just gets a little misty, but appart from that it's fine :D

rubah
04-14-2008, 09:39 PM
no failure eyes for me

Peegee
04-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Glasses. One day I'll get laser eye surgery to fix it.

cloud21zidane16
04-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Ive got no problems with my eyes or vision:)

Rye
04-14-2008, 09:57 PM
I have AWFUL vision.

I wear glasses and contacts. My current prescription is -7 in both eyes, which for anyone who knows about prescriptions, knows how bad that is. And it's probably even worse now, since I have to get an appointment and get a new prescription for my contacts and glasses. I may well be -8 now!

I know only one person with eyesight worse than mine, we had a battle to see who had the worse eyesight, and she won. xD

I prefer contacts to glasses, but I like glasses when I wanna feel stylish.

My eyes are brownish gold in the middle around the pupil, and greenish blue elsewhere. :bigsmile:

Shiny
04-14-2008, 10:17 PM
My vision started depleting when I was 14. MY EYES ARE BLACK LIKE MY SEOUL.

fire_of_avalon
04-14-2008, 10:19 PM
I became very slightly near-sighted between the ages of 19 and 20 and mostly just got over it until I realized 1) it got worse and 2) I was having trouble seeing powerpoint presentations in class. So I got glasses last August and I wear them in class if I'm sitting in the back, whenever I'm watching a TV that's more than 10 feet away from where I'm sitting, when I drive at night or when I want to see the detail of something kind of far away.

My optometrist said that my decrease in vision (growing up I had better than average vision) was probably due to more time spent doing "close" work like reading and using the computer. She said my vision might bounce back, but if it didn't I could probably have LASIK in a few years.

I don't mind my glasses and I don't really want to wear contacts since I don't use my glasses very often.

Hambone
04-14-2008, 11:03 PM

Your capital of South Korea?

My vision's awesome.

Jess
04-14-2008, 11:14 PM
I used to have perfect sight until I was about 13 but now I'm short sighted. I wear glasses for driving, college and if the TV is far away. :jess:

My eyes are brown.

Evastio
04-14-2008, 11:21 PM
I have glasses. I probably won't be switching them for contact lenses though.

leader of mortals
04-14-2008, 11:27 PM
I've worn glasses since I was 7, and in these 7 years my eyes have been getting worse and worse. I dont know my prescription, but my eyes are 20/400. That means a person with perfect eyes, or me with my glasses, can see something at 400 feet away about as good as I can without glasses from 20 feet. So my eyes are 20 times worse than they should be...

Shiny
04-14-2008, 11:50 PM

Your capital of South Korea?

My vision's awesome.
Yes. :rolleyes2

~*~Celes~*~
04-15-2008, 12:04 AM
my eyes switch between jade green and dark blue, btw

Jowy
04-15-2008, 12:06 AM
I'm supposed to wear glasses but I don't.

Blue Harvest
04-15-2008, 11:29 AM
I've had glasses since I was 7. I want to switch to contacts but my optician advised against it because my eyes water a lot during eye exams, and when anyone even so much as mentions a close proximity between eyes and other objects.

o_O
04-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm -7 in both eyes. I have to hold books closer than 10cm if I try to read without my contacts, which I've worn since age 7.

Breine
04-15-2008, 06:13 PM
I wore glasses for around 3 years before I got contacts, which I've had for about 6 years now. I love contacts so much that I can't imagine going back to wearing glasses on an everyday basis.

Rye
04-15-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm -7 in both eyes. I have to hold books closer than 10cm if I try to read without my contacts, which I've worn since age 7.

Horrible eyesight twins, yeah! :ichigo:

Rantz
04-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Mine is as good as it ever was. I get surprised at the amount of detail I can sometimes make out.

Zeldy
04-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Whenever I get a headache (I have to admit, I do get a lot of them) my Mum is all I BET YOU NEED GLASSES!!!!!11 but I don't, at least I don't think I do.

My eyes are green/blue.