PDA

View Full Version : *insert name* was modeled after.....

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-14-2008, 06:10 PM
I remember seeing at some places that alot of people think that Squall was modeled after Camui Gackt. Have you heard about any of the characters being modeled after someone?

DISCUSHINZ

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n316/lintu1979/MTS2_354347_sakura_chan_gackt_photo.jpg

Roogle
04-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Is that not a confirmed fact? I thought I heard speculation that the costume design of Squall Leonhart was influenced by Camui Gackt, too. Has anyone seen a split screen comparison picture? If the speculation is not true, it is a striking coincidence.

Tallulah
04-14-2008, 06:35 PM
I also heard he was in part modeled after River Phoenix as well. I don't know how true that is. :confused:

rubah
04-14-2008, 09:35 PM
I didn't think gackt was popular until well after ff8 came around. I guess he just wasn't popular outside of Japan. I've heard the River Phoenix thing a lot though.

Big D
04-15-2008, 01:46 AM
If you believe the fan rumours and speculation, every youthful male FF character since FF1's Fighter has been modeled on Gackt :p

the lynch clone
04-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Here is the REAL list of people the characters of FF8 were modeled after:

Squall-Carrot Top
Quistis-Bea Arthur
Zell-A lemur
Rinoa-Heidi Fleiss
Irvine-RuPaul
Selphie-Stacy London from "What Not to Wear"
Seifer-Stephen Hawking
Cid-Abe Vigoda
Edea-A brick of head cheese
Ellone-Bill Nye "The Science Guy"
Laguna-Rosie O'Donnell
Kiros-Scott Baio and Bret Michaels making out
Ward-Dave Coulier giving The Big Show a piggyback ride

All other lifeless and utterly useless characters were modeled directly after Vin Diesel, and I happen to think this was the best character modeling in the entire game because they were spot on. By other characters I'm obviously alluding to the ones who walk around for absolutely no reason and have no dialogue.

This is the actual confirmed list I received from SquareEnix upon a request I had made to know exactly whom the characters were modeled after. So that's that; it's final. If you disagree with this list then I truly believe that you are playing an entirely different game.

Heath
04-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Irvine-RuPaul

I read that as 'Ron Paul' at first and instantly thought "Zounds! They're right! Irvine IS Ron Paul."

I actually hadn't heard that he was modelled on anyone. I suppose the Gackt thing is a possibility but I, like rubah, didn't think he was popular until after FFVIII.

rubah
04-15-2008, 02:57 PM
If you believe the fan rumours and speculation, every youthful male FF character since FF1's Fighter has been modeled on Gackt :p

you mean fighter wasn't?

Aerith's Knight
04-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Zell - a Lemur

This might actually be plausible xD

Breine
04-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Is that not a confirmed fact?

I think it is - I've also heard about the River Phoenix thing, though.

Rantz
04-15-2008, 10:36 PM
This gal has a pretty good idea:

So here's my own dream cast for my own FFVIII Trilogy. Leonardo Dicaprio would make a good Squall Leonhart. I'm not a fan of Smallville but I think Kristin Kreuk is cute and she'd be my Rinoa Heartilly. Matt Damon as Zell Dincht, well, he's temperamental so... Halle Berry is my one and only choice for Quistis Trepe. Don't mind to ask why, just try to picture her as your History teacher in high school and you'll know exactly what I'm trying to figure out here. Eminem as Seifer Almasy, blonde bad-ass look, Gilmore Girl Alexis Bledel as Selphie Tilmitt, Chad Michael Murray as Irvine Kinneas, Rachel Leigh Cook as, perhaps one of the most important characters in FFVIII, Ellone. The first time I saw the ending movie and saw Ellone's CG model, I saw Rachel Leigh Cook. Robin Williams as Headmaster Cid Kramer and Monica Bellucci as Edea. The cast of Enchantment from Beyond would be Johhny Depp as Laguna Loire, Orlando Bloom as Kiros Seagill, Michael Clarke Duncan as Ward Zabac, Marisa Tomei as Raine Loire and Kate Beckinsale as Julia Heartilly.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/Peachardonnay/Dreamcast.jpg

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Gackt wasn't a solo artist til 1999 But he was the vocalist for Malice Mizer form 95 to 99, and they were one of the biggest bands at the time so it could still be true Squall was modeled after him.

Rene
05-09-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm pretty sure Squall was modeled after River Phoenix. I read it somewhere on the net.

PeneloRatsbane
05-10-2008, 08:40 PM
i heard Seifer was based off of keifer sutherland,

scrumpleberry
05-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Videogame Lookalikes - "David Bowie is in Every Game" (http://thor.mirtna.org/oddities/lookalikes/index.html)

^ fun, take a little look. some are awesome, some are okayish, and some are dreadful. my personal fave is the "David Bowie is in Every Game" section. it does in fact compare Seifer to Keifer Sutherland