PDA

View Full Version : Damn sugar headaches

Captain Maxx Power
04-15-2008, 12:25 AM
I've spent all of today with an intense headache brought on from going cold turkey from sugar-based foods. I take in more than ten times the RDA for sugar and am really inactive, so I was genuinely worried about pushing my body towards contracting diabetes. The major downside to this is that my body is rebelling against the current lack of sugar in my diet and subsequently has made me tired, cranky and given me a splitting headache. :(

What have you changed recently in your life that has caused you discomfort, be it physical or mental.

Rye
04-15-2008, 12:34 AM
My body is angry because of my dieting and exercise. The dieting portion is getting better, but I get hungry at night and my tummy growls and protests. ;_;

As for exercise, because I have weak legs, my body hates it. I feel so tired after, and my knees hurt, and it's so hard to get myself to get the 3 times a week minimum I am for. ;;

Namelessfengir
04-15-2008, 12:49 AM
get some glucosamine(sp) for you knees i drink joint juice from walmart helps build cartilage

Miriel
04-15-2008, 01:06 AM
I've totally given up soda (all forms of soda) after having spent over a decade drinking soda every day.

It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Last year I went all diet, thinking that diet would be better than regular soda. But this year I decided to cut out diet as well. I basically just gave away all the soda I had in my refrigerator and started drinking water instead. Sometimes I get massive cravings, but they're not strong enough to make me go out and buy soda. My laziness trumps cravings.

But yeah, everyone told me that I would feel a big difference after giving up soda, but I haven't. I haven't lost any weight, I haven't been feeling more energetic. *shrugs* Maybe the positive effects will kick in eventually. Or maybe soda never gave me any bad side effects. Who knows.

I have been try to give up chips too, but my god, I LOVE chips.

Rye
04-15-2008, 01:09 AM
Oh, I know how hard that can be, Miriel. I'm not really that big of a soda person, I only have a small glass of it for dinner, but I love sugary Snapple and Arizona iced tea, and juice as well. So many liquid calories, especially from Snapple. And Vitamin Water, oh my god.

It's... completely impossible for me to cut those out 100%. But I've been able to stick to a can of snapple a day for lunch, and then water or seltzer (lemon lime seltzer is so good for replacing liquid calories; it's fizzy and tasty, but no calories!) the rest of the day for the most part, unless my Mom just has to buy a bunch of Snapple or Vitamin Water. xD

Shlup
04-15-2008, 01:33 AM
I cut out all soda pop except Sprite Zero. My taste buds are the only thing that needed to adjust though.

My new birth control made me nauseous for the first couple of weeks, but it was only a little bit and it's gone away.

rubah
04-15-2008, 01:34 AM
I went diet cokes also xD well, not like nazi diet, but primarily. I'm looking forward to a year from now when I take that first drink of a regular coke again and it tastes like sweet nectar from the gods. That's still a nice strong memory atm xD

diet has started tasting pretty good. I guess part of it is that a lot of it is fountain drinks from the cafeteria and I guess they're more syruppy?

I need to give up chips so hard. I get a feeling I won't be eating so many of them when in france xD I try to get mostly pretzels and tortilla chips to at least cut back on the fats/calories xD

Rye, I might have suggested this to you before, but sometimes if you have sore knees, if you do some hamstring stretches it'll ease up on them some. the easiest way is to lie on your back and raise one leg up towards your head as far as you can stand it then do the other. Someone recommended that to me when I was working and standing for 6 hours made mine sore. I don't know if it's from the same thing hurting yours though

Shlup
04-15-2008, 01:39 AM
When I have regular Sprite again after having Sprite Zero it tastes too sugary.

rubah
04-15-2008, 01:45 AM
when I have diet sprite/whatever it makes me think I have the stomach bug because my mom always gave it to me with crackers when I got barfy

Marshall Banana
04-15-2008, 01:56 AM
I want to stop drinking pop for the sake of my teeth.

Rye
04-15-2008, 02:02 AM
when I have diet sprite/whatever it makes me think I have the stomach bug because my mom always gave it to me with crackers when I got barfy

That's how I feel when I drink Gingerale. xD

Peegee
04-15-2008, 03:47 AM
I don't usually drink soda but my future roommate is going to change that :p I jest.

Richard you should ween yourself off the sugar slowly. Try eating things that have natural sugar like fruits / fruit juice.