PDA

View Full Version : Win or Lose

Rye
04-15-2008, 02:01 AM
My AP English teacher is... eccentric. He is beloved by my teachers for bringing honor to our school, so he gets away with taking days off to go to conferences and stuff. He brings us back souvenirs and we have card games to see who wins. Or rather, we all get 3 cards and he has various stipulations each round to win an item, such as "Who has the lowest consecutive cards, who has the Queen of Hearts, etc".

Rye tends to be really lucky at some things... but not at these card games. I'm the only person who's never won. And even worse, today, I kept coming in second for each stipulation (like lowest consecutive cards... I was so sure my Ace, 2, 3 would win), and there was an Obama Vote Hope tote on the line! I was desperate. And because I'm a dork, I'd keep yelling "OH MY GOD I GOT IT" only to realize that I had a club, not a spade and other suit mix ups, and everyone would laugh at meeee. xD I won nothing.

Anyway, are any of you guys "lucky?" :bigsmile:

Araciel
04-15-2008, 02:23 AM
I don't believe in luck, but everyone says I am.

Akaria
04-15-2008, 02:36 AM
Kinda...I mean, good stuff's happened around me. Whenever my friends go to do something, like hit (prank) a friend's house, they would always take me along because one of the guys that wants to come is thought of as unlucky, and they thought I offset that:jess: I guess when I wouldn't or couldn't go with them and the unlucky guy went, they'd get busted by the cops somehow, heh...There's never been a bust when I've been there though. So I offset unlucky people, kinda...Dry ice is so much fun:shifty:

Lawr
04-15-2008, 02:38 AM
I'm so unlucky. I have such bad luck, I wouldn't even get a class with a teacher that fun

I Am Stoner
04-15-2008, 02:42 AM
I am lucky that I found Allie and that things seem to fall into place for me. Other than that average luck.

Peegee
04-15-2008, 03:37 AM
I haven't been lucky in any proper sense of the word in a while. It's refreshing, because I can lay claim to my own achievements.

Sorry for pooping all over your thread Ryebread

escobert
04-15-2008, 03:54 AM
I can be very un-lucky :p

Bunny
04-15-2008, 07:40 AM
I haven't died yet. That's about the extent of my luck.

Relapse
04-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Kinda, cause I experience bad and good frequently

Marshall Banana
04-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Sorry for pooping all over your thread Ryebread

Blue Harvest
04-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm the unluckiest guy you'll ever meet.

blackmage_nuke
04-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Ive only ever won one prize in a random luck thing but by god was i happy when i got it. It was a new mp3, twice the size as my old one

Otherwise i guess im lucky in health (I only get sick when its not important)

Rantz
04-15-2008, 01:06 PM
I recently ended up second in a competition where the first price was a laptop worth almost $3000. But hey, I won a teeny box of candy.

Roto13
04-15-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm not lucky enough. :P

Heath
04-15-2008, 04:55 PM
I recently ended up second in a competition where the first price was a laptop worth almost $3000. But hey, I won a teeny box of candy.

You must have been gutted.

As for myself, I don't think I'm particularly lucky. I have odd bits of luck but not over an extended period. I certainly know some lucky people but I'm not one of them. Occasional things'll go my way when I didn't expect them to, but I wouldn't sell I'm someone who naturally has things go their way for them all the time.

Old Manus
04-15-2008, 05:11 PM
I recently became interested in horse racing, and at the first race meeting I attended, I bet on all 6 races, and won 3 of them, leaving me with 50p less than I had when I came in (including the £11 entry fee and food and alcohol). Bearing in mind I had no real experience in horse racing before this, I was chuffed.

I got a few more races right over the next few weeks, and then came the Grand National, where I backed 2 horses, one of which came second. I was set to win 60 quid off a £2 bet and I was absolutely gutted :(

Quindiana Jones
04-15-2008, 07:39 PM
I consider myself very lucky when it comes to life or death situations. But when it's down to severe pain, I'm often quite unlucky.

Rye
04-15-2008, 10:02 PM

You're lucky I haven't killed you for being from me for so long, Bun Bun. >:[

cloud21zidane16
04-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Im actually very lucky. Especially in the least likely to happen situations:)

Bunny
04-15-2008, 11:22 PM

You're lucky I haven't killed you for being from me for so long, Bun Bun. >:[

Excuse me? I haven't seen you on AIM in months.

Heath
04-15-2008, 11:32 PM
I got a few more races right over the next few weeks, and then came the Grand National, where I backed 2 horses, one of which came second. I was set to win 60 quid off a £2 bet and I was absolutely gutted :(

I would've backed Comply or Die for the name alone.