PDA

View Full Version : Doctors and any kind of needle = OH GOD, I DIE NOW.

Avarice-ness
04-15-2008, 03:12 AM
Yeah so tomorrow I get to participate in lots of fun blood work and needles and what'cha'ma'call'its.

I'm not really looking forward to it, but yeah, gotta get tests and stuff done for the baby~

I'll prolly just pass out like my sister did during her tests. xD

So! How do you guys handle blood tests or even just IV's? Basically any kind of doctor like testing that's done with a needle. Allergies... blood.. anything~

Lawr
04-15-2008, 03:14 AM
I'm horrible with hospitals and most of my relatives and parents are in the medical field :D

Heck, my hand feels like its burning just from writing on it with an ink pen

rubah
04-15-2008, 03:16 AM
I kinda go into a superfreakout. Crying, nervousness, make myself pass out etc. well I haven't passed all the way out yet!

Araciel
04-15-2008, 03:18 AM
If I don't see them putting it in, I'm ok. I have had needles and IVs and everything...doesn't bother me.

Roto13
04-15-2008, 03:26 AM
I remember being scared of it once when I was a kid and then after it was over I was like "Well that wasn't so bad" and I haven't minded needles since then. I even donated blood a few times. If you think getting a blood test done feels weird, wait until you watch a machine siphon a pint of blood out of your arm and into a bag.

Marshall Banana
04-15-2008, 03:33 AM
I feel faint and sometimes close to vomiting when I see syringes. After I get a shot, a nurse lays me down and holds my legs up, because I'm passing out. >=O

Peegee
04-15-2008, 03:34 AM
Doesn't scare me at all. I actually have a fascination...wait too much information.

Lawr
04-15-2008, 03:54 AM
Hey PeeGee . . . send me a PM :shifty:

Araciel
04-15-2008, 03:57 AM
So basically, the girls in this thread don't like to be penetrated, but the guys have no problem...

duly noted.

qwertysaur
04-15-2008, 04:03 AM
I have a phobia of needles. It's just, I panic and X__X

Peegee
04-15-2008, 04:03 AM
So basically, the girls in this thread don't like to be penetrated, but the guys have no problem...

duly noted.

I like penetrazn.

Psychotic
04-15-2008, 04:08 AM
I haven't been stuck with a needle for five years so I dunno how I'd handle it now. In the past I felt calmer than I normally would beforehand, though. It's weird.

fire_of_avalon
04-15-2008, 04:23 AM
I don't mind being stabbed.

Leen-Leen
04-15-2008, 05:03 AM
I'm fine with needles. It hurts, but nothing I can't tolerate. Shots don't hurt that much, but when they draw blood, that hurts for me. xD Surprisingly when they gave me IV that didn't hurt so much.

Jojee
04-15-2008, 05:17 AM
For the baby? What?

I don't mind needles too much. But last time I got blood drawn, they drew 5 vials and I went crazy afterward. :E

Aerith's Knight
04-15-2008, 06:05 AM
I hate needles.. ive done root canals without pain reliever because i hate needles.. but i did a blood test.. urgh.. and i still hate needles T__T

Namelessfengir
04-15-2008, 06:07 AM
my thing is when they cant find my damn vein even though they hit every damn month. really nice that i havent had to deal with that in two years now. (also cuz i havent had medical in that long)

Kirobaito
04-15-2008, 06:11 AM
I've donated blood plasma before. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Blue Harvest
04-15-2008, 11:17 AM
I can't stand needles. I'd rather be shot in the knackers than have an injection >.<

blackmage_nuke
04-15-2008, 11:23 AM
I dont mind needles but i dont like it when people say "it's not that bad" or more specifically "It's just like a pinch" because they damn well know it hurts twice as much as a pinch!!!

It doesnt hurt but i dont like being lied to.

Heath
04-15-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm absolutely fine with needles. I've had plenty of jabs in the past in school and I have had the odd flu jab in the past because of my asthma. I don't have a problem with them and barely notice them any more. I was actually quite disappointed when I gave blood for the first time and there wasn't any sensation to it at all.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-15-2008, 12:06 PM
The few seconds of pain easily compensate for what could be years if you refuse to be vaccinated.

I've had a few blood tests before and I made good and sure they found out my blood type aswell. Hospitals have this special cream which makes parts of your body numb but I think that's just for kids

Captain Maxx Power
04-15-2008, 12:10 PM
I have utterly no qualms with being prodded, poked, punctured or otherwise perforated in the name of my personal health. Years of suffering from the worst kidney stone in history have taken my pain tolerance levels up to skyrocketing proportions. When you have the sensation of someone driving a knife into your back all day to content with a needle is hardly going to faze you.

Marshall Banana
04-15-2008, 12:17 PM
The afterfeeling of a shot or blood test is much, much, much worse than the prick.

Momiji
04-15-2008, 02:01 PM
I remember being scared of it once when I was a kid and then after it was over I was like "Well that wasn't so bad" and I haven't minded needles since then. I even donated blood a few times. If you think getting a blood test done feels weird, wait until you watch a machine siphon a pint of blood out of your arm and into a bag.

Been there, done that, nearly passed out from the lack of blood.

As for needles, I'm scared of them until it's in my arm and already drawing blood. Then I start to wonder what I was so scared of.

Randgris
04-15-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm terrified of needles. I cry whenever I get shots.

smittenkitten
04-15-2008, 04:28 PM
I am petrified of needles. When I was five I hid under my mum's chair because they were going to give me a jab. I was so scared! :whimper: Also you're meant to get your Tetanus jab when you're about 12 years old and I still haven't got mine. I also didn't get my TB jag when I was at school. :mog:

escobert
04-15-2008, 04:42 PM
I hate and dread doing it but it's not that bad once I get it over with :p

Breine
04-15-2008, 09:11 PM
I don't mind needles, which is a good thing because I have to get like ten vaccines before I travel to Asia this Fall. I don't like hospitals, though.. the smell and overall atmosphere just really freak me out, and so luckily I haven't been hospitalized since I was born. Just going to one to visit someone there kinda creeps me out.

Polaris
04-15-2008, 09:15 PM
I can stand needles but the smell of hospital gives me headaches :( Plus being there all day is terrible. I was once an afternoon with my grandmother and I nearlly died there waiting -.-"

Zeldy
04-15-2008, 10:05 PM
I've had many needles, I didn't mind them so much, I don't like them but I won't cause a huge scene like some people I know do. I'll probably give blood myself when I'm older, as it was those supplies of blood that saved my Mum's life after she had a huge operation; If I give blood when I can hopefully it will save someone else's life too. :jess:

scrumpleberry
04-15-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't mind the fact that there's a needle in my arm so much as the fact that IT'S DRAWING BLOOD OUT DUDE WTF HALP

I had a blood test this morning. It was only an itty bitty sample, but I still felt like my left arm was a little weaker afterwards - yes, I know it's just my imaginings lol. I don't make a fuss or even show that I'm uncomfortable but still DUDE, THERE'S SOMETHING SUCKING ALL OF MY BLOOD OUT, NOT FABBY. I'm better with injections, don't really mind them.

Avarice-ness
04-15-2008, 10:27 PM
I don't mind the fact that there's a needle in my arm so much as the fact that IT'S DRAWING BLOOD OUT DUDE WTF HALP

I had a blood test this morning. It was only an itty bitty sample, but I still felt like my left arm was a little weaker afterwards - yes, I know it's just my imaginings lol. I don't make a fuss or even show that I'm uncomfortable but still DUDE, THERE'S SOMETHING SUCKING ALL OF MY BLOOD OUT, NOT FABBY. I'm better with injections, don't really mind them.

Yeah I had mine this morning, I got like 4 or 5 viles of blood taken. xD

I was like freaking out for a while, and then she tried to get blood out of one vein and that didn't work so we ended up having to try again on the big vein on the sid of my arm.

Yeah I was like rambling until the nurse asked me if I knew what gender the baby was going to be and...

OH YEAH IT'S GONNA BE A BABY GIRL. <3

and then like after that, she talked a bit to my boyfriend about what he was going to do and what not. And then we ended up talking about the army (because he's joining) and how her sons are in the army and air force and all that fun stuff.
So really pulling up the topic of the baby and then his joining the army let fourish viles of blood go by pretty fast. This was the FIRST time I didn't become nauseated after the blood work, but then again I was on a motherhood high. :razz:

cloud21zidane16
04-15-2008, 11:08 PM
I dont have many needles, when i do i just look away. Its not too bad really.

Namelessfengir
04-16-2008, 12:58 AM
they'll never get my blood.... its my,... precious