PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on Who Sign up thread

edczxcvbnm
04-15-2008, 04:34 AM
This is not to be mistaken for Eyes on You but this is a new forum activity. Instead of people answering questions about themselves, they will send things that people might not know about them. I will then post these things and people of the forum will try to guess who it is =D

Here is how it is all gonna work.

Send me 10 things that people here might not know about you. Rank them 1-10 where 1 is people here have no fucking clue and 10 being people here should might know this.

You do not have to rank these 1-10 but give each thing a rating from 1-10. So you could have two 1s and three 5s if that is what you feel like.

I will update the thread 2 times after the original post.

Day 1 I will post things rate 1-3
Day 2 ratings 4-7
Day 3 ratings 8-10

I would prefer that you try to send in more 1-3 and 4-7 so people don't guess right away. Even though you can have as many 1s as you want I would prefer things be relatively evened out across the 3 days so I don't post seven 1-3s on day one and then do nothing on day 2 and then post three 8-10s.

After 3 days has passed or someone has guess correctly I will announce who it is either at the start of the new thread or in the current thread if it is before the three days are up.

You can ask questions about the the new info that is found out if the thread is still open.

I will make a new thread on Mondays and Thursdays. Sunday will be a dead day on the three day cycle that I have set up.

This will be a trial run to see how well this goes so I will only take the first 25 people that send me a PM.

Also just like when I created Eyes on You, I will only accept members who have been here for 3 months or more.

Unlike Eyes on You though you will probably only get 1 shot at this so think hard about what you send me and maybe look at past EoY entries you have done in the archive to make sure something isn't in there.

Above all lets have fun =D

edczxcvbnm
04-15-2008, 05:16 AM
New rule! Order them by rank please. I don't want to be looking through a bunch of stuff labeled out of order and have to put it in order and possibly miss something.

Thank you

edczxcvbnm
04-15-2008, 05:35 AM
Don't worry about getting them in too fast people. I only have 2 so far. Take your time and think this out. You don't want to be the person that gets punked right away do you XD

edczxcvbnm
04-15-2008, 06:56 AM
Only 5 in so far. Keep them coming ;D

edczxcvbnm
04-15-2008, 07:20 AM
New rule! If you have submitted one then please don't post in this thread. I will just continue to bump it myself XD We don't want to give people the members that will be a part of this because after 20 have gone then people could just guess who hasn't go yet if they said they submitted in this thread.

edczxcvbnm
04-15-2008, 03:27 PM
There are still like a billion spots left to fill. Don't hesitate to send them in people! If you don't get in this time then don't worry...you have your stuff all set up for the next go around =D So send send send.

On another not a question was posed to me in a PM

Question: do you post your own formulations of the facts you get or do you quote directly? Quoting directly might help people much in guessing, whether that's a good or a bad thing.

I quote directly...more specifically I will just copy and paste what ever I am sent.

Everyone is also sending in one sentence things...feel free to tell a story if you want. That might give you away due to posting style so save it for 8-10 ranked stuff...that is if you are awesome and tell a story =D

I also except updates to entries but please label your PM as an update and just quote your original PM so I don't have to go sorting through all this stuff and what not.

Thank you and KEEP THEM COMING :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

fire_of_avalon
04-15-2008, 04:03 PM
You just want a long line of posts. No one is going to know if someone's submitted an entry if they just post in the thread. For example, I haven't submitted an entry ..... or have I?

I have.

... or have I?

Loony BoB
04-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I would enter this if it wasn't for the fact that I can't think of more than a few things that either Calliope or Danielle wouldn't figure me out on immediately, and those things are extremely obscure and even I would have trouble guessing me on.

I think you should set it up so that people only get one guess. That would certainly make it more interesting. Or maybe if that is too few guesses, maybe one guess per day.

edczxcvbnm
04-15-2008, 05:10 PM
FOA: People can post in this thread...but don't post and be all like 'I just submitted =D' That tells everyone that you will eventually be up and if you don't end up going till the end then you could be easily guessed based on the process of elimination. People can post and ask questions, make suggestions and everything else. Maybe I should have made that more clear XP

BoB: This is why it is the trial period for this ;D I want to see how people post about stuff first and I think it might even just be easier to ask people who know someone irl or extremely well to refrain from posting the answer right away if it is a dead give away. There are different ways to approach this.

I do not want to do a one vote thing as I want people to talk about why they voted for someone. I guess it could be done differently. I could also do something like it takes 5 correct guesses from 5 different members before the answer is revealed. There are tons of options on how to do this and maybe no one way is correct.

Rantz
04-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Great game idea. This is like the offspring of Jeopardy and 20 Questions.

"I'm a person who steals your sisters."
"Who is 'Award Guy'?"

Loony BoB
04-15-2008, 06:57 PM
FOA: People can post in this thread...but don't post and be all like 'I just submitted =D' That tells everyone that you will eventually be up and if you don't end up going till the end then you could be easily guessed based on the process of elimination. People can post and ask questions, make suggestions and everything else. Maybe I should have made that more clear XP

BoB: This is why it is the trial period for this ;D I want to see how people post about stuff first and I think it might even just be easier to ask people who know someone irl or extremely well to refrain from posting the answer right away if it is a dead give away. There are different ways to approach this.

I do not want to do a one vote thing as I want people to talk about why they voted for someone. I guess it could be done differently. I could also do something like it takes 5 correct guesses from 5 different members before the answer is revealed. There are tons of options on how to do this and maybe no one way is correct.
Yeah, I can just see a person making loads of guesses until they get it right instead of actually waiting until they are at least confident that they are correct. It would be a shame for that to happen when some people might be waiting until they're fairly certain they've got it. I don't mind discussion at all, I just mean "this is my final answer" kind of things. Maybe one guess per hint! :)

edczxcvbnm
04-15-2008, 07:06 PM
I think that something like this kind of requires my judgment on if I should reveal the answer guessed based on behavior and stuff in the thread to start and then set up rules after a few. I think this is more of a wait and see, trial and error thing so we will see how things go. Heck day 1 could even be a no reveal day where people just talk. So many different ways to approach this :/

Quindiana Jones
04-15-2008, 07:36 PM
I really wish I could think of sometenthings good to put here. :(

Still, it'll be good fun guessing.

Goldenboko
04-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Eyes on who? Eyes on yoooooooooooooooooooooooo~

edczxcvbnm
04-15-2008, 10:40 PM
ZOMG!1e13?!

13 people signed up so far...get that stuff in people >:o

edczxcvbnm
04-16-2008, 11:05 PM
I think I have like...15 people now. I guess people are just not very interested in this idea. I will wait a bit longer then do the trial run and get feedback from people...or you all could start giving me feedback now >:0

rubah
04-16-2008, 11:05 PM
stuff

"1 GUESS IN 7 PLAY NOW!"

Blue Harvest
04-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Leave it until the 28th at least and I'll sign up =]

edczxcvbnm
04-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Why?

EDIT: Wait...nevermind....I get it

Jessweeee♪
04-17-2008, 03:03 PM
It takes time to think of things we haven't told anyone after EoY xD

edczxcvbnm
04-17-2008, 03:16 PM
That post gives me a massive case of Deja Vu XD I have no clue why XD

edczxcvbnm
04-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Well...I guess people just are not interested in this ;_; Anyone who wants in get in before Monday as that is when I start this thing up...and then I end it after I go through who we have >:o

Quindiana Jones
04-18-2008, 07:52 PM
I'll play if you convince Them to give me a prettiful custom like yours. Only all dark green.

Jojee
04-19-2008, 11:02 PM
EoFF seems pretty dead lately, ever since people got tired of the CK contest. xD

Quindiana Jones
04-19-2008, 11:15 PM
My custom title has yet to become colourful.

Jessweeee♪
04-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Fifteen is a good number :</>D!

edczxcvbnm
04-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Please close this and sticky the other thread....it has begun!

Flying Mullet
04-21-2008, 03:18 PM
*closes and un-stickies*

Let the games begin! :)