PDA

View Full Version : Spam

Leeza
04-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Why is there no Spam Forum at EoFF? I'm constantly being told not to spam up threads. If there was a Spam Forum I could just go there to spam. Other sites have Spam Forums. Why not here?

Heath
04-15-2008, 11:45 AM
We do, it's called the feedbag forum

The problem with having a spam forum is that it easily gets out of control, they generally add little to the forum and the threads tend to have a shorter lifespan, whereas at the moment legitimate threads of a less serious nature can be posted in General Chat anyway. If other sites have spam forums then that's their policy. As it happens I'm afraid we don't tolerate spam here. However, I'm sure there are many less spam-related contributions that you make that will be gladly appreciated here :)

Flying Mullet
04-15-2008, 01:51 PM
We do, it's called usernotes. <font size="1">Yay for recycled jokes.</font>

We don't have a Spam Forum because we're awesome, unlike these other sites. If you feel the need to spam, use their spam forums for it. Since it adds nothing to the site we see no need for it and are more than happy to let the other sites split our serving of it.

Takara
04-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Everytime someone posts spam, a kitten dies. We at EOFF love kittens, and we do not want PETA to harrass us for indirectly killing all those innocent kittens were we to create a spam forum. Because if they sue us, we'll be poor and won't be able to pay for the servers, and then the site would die too.

If you do feel the urge to spam, we have usernotes we have the Feedbag forum we recommend that you do it at another site that accepts this cruel, kitten-killing behaviour.

BG-57
04-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Having a Spam forum would suggest we encourage spam. Of course not having one doesn't prevent it entirely, but it would send the wrong message.

Spam should be in sandwichs, not in posts.

Bahamut2000X
04-15-2008, 05:04 PM
This topic has been brought up many times before in the past and many times it has had the same response, no. Spam forums promotes spam and things get out of hand fast. If you want to spam at your leisure then there's plenty of other forums out there that promote it. But here we like to keep our spam down.

oddler
04-16-2008, 07:46 AM
Things that you will be made fun of for asking (http://forums.eyesonff.com/feedback-forum/38129-faq-aka-things-you-will-made-fun-asking.html).

*closes*

theundeadhero
04-16-2008, 11:22 AM
*closes*