PDA

View Full Version : Serious, Serious Concern

ljkkjlcm9
04-15-2008, 07:57 AM
I think I deserve a little special title that says THE JACKEL... not my custom title that I set myself. I feel the staff should give me one. If they do so, I will consider not signing all of my posts as such.

And on top of that, why was it made so that everytime I type jackel with an -el it becomes AL... this upsets me because it is a name spelt with an EL not an AL!!!!

go ahead, you can even try it. Type jack-el (no dash) and it'll come out JACKAL

THE JACKEL

oddler
04-15-2008, 08:01 AM
THE JACK</>EL. :Oo:

ljkkjlcm9
04-15-2008, 08:03 AM
THE JACK</>EL. :Oo:

you cheated with the whole break symbol <./.> thingy

That's an inconvenience for me, and considering I'm really the only one who types it, I think this should be fixed for my sake!

THE JACKEL

oddler
04-15-2008, 08:15 AM
I can't tell you why there's a filter for that because I don't know. I don't see any harm in taking it away but, like I said, I don't know why it's there. If the filter can be removed, then I think it should be but I don't agree with issuing an extra title for this reason.

Heath
04-15-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm afraid that it looks like this conspiracy goes all the way to the top (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Jackel)

As for the custom title, they're only given out under special circumstances so I'm afraid I can't condone a custom title over the spelling of a word. As for the swear filter for the word, I think if it can be removed then it should unless there's a very good reason for it (e.g. national security, lulz, etc).

Takara
04-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Dear member with a bunch of letters and the number 9 for a username,
In order to be eligible for a custom title, you need to provide us the following things:

- The exact location of the Fountain of Youth
- A virgin teen idol
- A purple monkey
- A watermelon
- A video camera
- Enough alcohol to get BoB drunk enough for him to do unspeakable things to the monkey and the watermelon while the virgins puts it all on tape. That way I can blackmail him for the money I need for college.

Only then will we consider giving you a custom title.

As for the filter, jack-el is not the correct spelling. But I see no immediate reason why the filter even exists, so we'll see if something can be done about disabling it.

Flying Mullet
04-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Why would a custom user group title make you not sign "THE JACKAL" at the end of each post? You would have two "THE JACKAL"s by your avatar and none after your post. I don't see the purpose.

ljkkjlcm9
04-15-2008, 03:59 PM
I'd change my custom user title obviously.
And I'm saying in appreciation I'd stop signing my posts with THE JACKEL

plus I would want it spelled with an E, not the A.

(fyi staff: I am actually wondering why this filter was created... and would actually appreciate it being fixed >.>)

THE JACKEL