PDA

View Full Version : Tim Robbins apologizes to Rush Limbaugh

Renmiri
04-16-2008, 04:09 AM
He launched into an apology to conservative talkers Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O’Reilly "and Laura whatshername," noting that all had labeled him traitorous or unpatriotic for having called for more time to be given to U.N. weapons inspectors before deploying military force against Iraq.

"They said I was a dupe of left-wing appeasement ... and how right they were," Robbins quipped. "Had I known then of all the smiling faces" that now populate Iraq, "the wildfire of democracy that is spreading throughout the Middle East," he would not have spoken as he did, he said.

He added that he can see now that his words were indeed "traitorous, unfounded and irresponsible, so I apologize to the talkradio geniuses."

Audio link below

Daily Kos: Tim Robbins Apologizes To Right-Wing Radio (Audio Update) (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/4/15/123237/450/174/496140)

Big D
04-16-2008, 07:21 AM
Heh. I don't much like Robbins, but his typical sarcasm comes through well in there. Before the war, furious ultraconservative dimwits were insisting it'd all be over in six months, the country would be peaceful and democratised, and there'd be no more terrorists because their biggest supporter would be out of action. Well, that last one is a slight exaggeration, but the other claims were made repeatedly. Anyone with an ounce of sense knew that there was no truth to the claims being made, and history has proved us right.

Renmiri
04-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Indeed!!! That is why the speech is so hilarious :D