PDA

View Full Version : Those foods don't mix

Eiko Guy
04-16-2008, 04:50 AM
I took a taco and added lo mein and went to paradise.
I took pizza and sweet and sour sauce and BAM magic.

So what's some weird food combinations that the world needs to know of?

Ps I am airlifting mexico and placing it next to china.

Aerith's Knight
04-16-2008, 04:53 AM
grilled cheese with a mixture of french mustard and ketchup as dip.

stewed carrots, mashed patatoes, gravy and some smoked sausage.

spagetti sauce and vodka.

Takara
04-16-2008, 05:09 AM
I eat baby carrots with ketchup. People think that's weird, apparently.

Also, peanut butter on pancakes is pure win!

Namelessfengir
04-16-2008, 05:50 AM
no bakes and salt
reeses and salt and vinegar chips (like the eat a few reeses cups and then eat the chips)

Shlup
04-16-2008, 05:59 AM
Black olives and canned cheese.

Momiji
04-16-2008, 06:02 AM
I made a yakisoba sandwich the other day. It was pretty awesome. :D

Peegee
04-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Peanuts and Gum: Together at last.

Quindiana Jones
04-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Peanut Butter Cups are delicious and wonderful and all that is good in the world, but it's damn near impossible to get them in England, so I'm putting peanut butter and chocolate here, just because it's weird for us proper spelling folk. :)

scrumpleberry
04-16-2008, 03:51 PM
I quite likes grapes cooked on pizza.

*crickets chirp*

Avarice-ness
04-16-2008, 04:56 PM
I eat EVERYTHING with A1 steaksauce.

Corndogs, French Fries, All Meats..

Everything mixes with A1 Steaksauce according to me! :D

Alucard von Elru
04-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Also, peanut butter on pancakes is pure win!
Yus! Definitely! Dowse that with some honey and it's pure perfection!

A lot of the stuff mentioned so far sounds pretty good, actually. The only "weird" thing I eat (according to other people) is the pancakes with peanutbutter, or the fact that my peanutbutter sandwhiches always incorporate some form of cereal.

Avarice-ness
04-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Oh and I like peanut butter and Cheetoes! :D

Sergeant Hartman
04-16-2008, 05:20 PM
chicken 'n' mayo

Aerith's Knight
04-16-2008, 06:21 PM
chicken 'n' mayo

thats not weird..

another one.. French fries and mayo(and salt)

Ace14
04-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Everything + peanut butter = wonderful

I love my peanut butter; I put it on toast, pizza, chicken + chocolate + cheese, umm...oh yeah chips, etc etc. I just love peanut butter a lot. :D

Avarice-ness
04-16-2008, 07:54 PM
chicken 'n' mayo

thats not weird..

My boyfriend eats french fries with mayo mixed with ketchup. :eek:

Aerith's Knight
04-16-2008, 08:08 PM
chicken 'n' mayo

thats not weird..

maybe i am your boyfriend in disguise :shifty:

jk :p

thats because its freaking awsome.. even better if you mix some chopped unions in it.. and a little(just a little) whiskey

phbr
04-16-2008, 08:14 PM
chicken 'n' mayo

thats not weird..

This combination isn't THAT strange, you can find that at a lot of snack bars in Germany (often called "Pommes Rot Weiß" or something along the lines). But maybe Germans are weird.

I just add this (http://www.wisconsincheesemart.com/images/6003_Lowen_hot_mustard.jpg) mustard and/or Tabasco sauce to everything I eat

Heath
04-16-2008, 08:23 PM
I eat baby carrots with ketchup. People think that's weird, apparently.

I've done that in the past too! It's not weird, it's great.

Also I occasionally like mayonnaise on chips. I prefer ketchup or HP Sauce by mayonnaise is nice every now and again. Only pub chips though, not on chippy chips.

Takara
04-16-2008, 09:34 PM
By the way, it's not an odd food combination, but I eat onions like an apple. That always freak people out.

Tallulah
04-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Peanut Butter Cups are delicious and wonderful and all that is good in the world, but it's damn near impossible to get them in England, so I'm putting peanut butter and chocolate here, just because it's weird for us proper spelling folk. :)

Peanut butter cups are freely available at Morrison's and Asda.

Back on topic, my dad got me into cheese and jam sandwiches. I took this particular mix with me on a school field trip one time as I knew my 'friend' would try and beg some food from me.

He also eats cheddar cheese with fruit cake. :eep:

Fynn
04-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Spinach, blue cheese and garlic. I know it's actually a common combination, but my friends find it really weird...

The Unknown Guru
04-17-2008, 03:43 AM
I eat tacos a lot and started to get bored of them, so I just dribbled some teriyaki sauce on one and went straight into heaven.

KoShiatar
04-17-2008, 09:27 PM
chicken 'n' mayo

thats not weird..

That is not weird, as well and I too love to eat french fries with mayo or mayo + ketchup. You tell me you really haven't cocktail sauce? It's delicious with shrimps, and it's made by mixing mayonnaise, ketchup and a bit of worcester sauce.

Quindiana Jones
04-17-2008, 10:34 PM

Peanut butter cups are freely available at Morrison's and Asda.

They're giving them away for free!? Holy crap! Why did I not know about this?

crono_logical
04-17-2008, 11:38 PM
I made a yakisoba sandwich the other day. It was pretty awesome. :DI find most types of noodles in sandwichs work great :p Lately I've been eating a lot of egg mayo + cheese + pickle + crisp sandwiches :p

Momiji
04-18-2008, 12:44 AM
I made a yakisoba sandwich the other day. It was pretty awesome. :DI find most types of noodles in sandwichs work great :p Lately I've been eating a lot of egg mayo + cheese + pickle + crisp sandwiches :p

Well, it was totally random for me. I was making yakisoba for lunch and I was just about to use a slice of bread to make a half of a peanut butter sandwich (weird side dish, but whatever), and when I looked at the bread and the noodles, the idea just hit me. And what a nice idea it was. :D

Randgris
04-18-2008, 05:45 PM
I don't eat mismatched foods, my stomach is very picky...

Roogle
04-18-2008, 09:41 PM
I used to eat cabbage and meat tenderizer when I was younger. I think that I only did it because I did not know of a better seasoner, and sometimes I wonder if that was an unhealthy combination...

Miriel
04-19-2008, 12:15 AM
Seaweed + Watermelon.

SO GOOD!

Iceglow
04-19-2008, 01:09 AM
chicken 'n' mayo

thats not weird..

This combination isn't THAT strange, you can find that at a lot of snack bars in Germany (often called "Pommes Rot Weiß" or something along the lines). But maybe Germans are weird.

I just add this (http://www.wisconsincheesemart.com/images/6003_Lowen_hot_mustard.jpg) mustard and/or Tabasco sauce to everything I eat

I believe the Dutch first made the idea of Fries and Mayo popular though the mayo and ketchup mix I have no idea where it originates from however I do know, that if you mix mayonaise and ketchup in a roughly even ratio you get what is often called burger sauce over here (some argue it tastes even better than actual burger sauce but I know when I am ordering chips drunk from the chip shop opposite the pub on the way home with my mates I tell the guy to pass the burger sauce not the ketchup and mayo) Either way it's really nice, another nice mayonaise and other condiment mix is mayonaise and mustard though this is sold commonly as Djonaise sauce (or something similar)

Interesting food combinations I eat? Well lots of people look at me like I was silly if I mention I love cheese and grapes, it doesn't just need to be brie for me to put grapes in with it just mature/extra mature cheddar will do for me. I also like chicken and chorizo on a pizza (god bless the girlfriend bringing me pizza from work! :D) also prawn and chorizo pizza is surprisingly nice. Other than this, Cheese bread (bread baked with cheese in the mix for those who think wtf?) with humous is quite nice though it shouldn't go. And when I was a kid I always used to have pickled onion monster munch (a type of chips/crisps for americans or the ignorant) with mars bars surprisingly they're really nice together, throw a can of cherry coke for the ultimate in sugary fatty snacks. Ham and Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce sandwiches are good but taste better when you add peppered german salami and some light salad to the mix. And an alternative to sausages in the traditional "fry up" breakfast (this only works because I don't eat bacon) is to use fish fingers I regulary swap my sausages for fish fingers at work even with fried egg and hashbrowns it's nice. I'm surprised I aint 4 times my current size in terms of fat and weight!

Jojee
04-19-2008, 01:14 AM
spagetti sauce and vodka.
ewwwww D:

All my white friends think it's super weird to put soy sauce in stuff. xD Like, almost anything. Like noodles. That's not unusual though!

Randgris
04-19-2008, 02:57 PM
All my white friends think it's super weird to put soy sauce in stuff. xD Like, almost anything. Like noodles. That's not unusual though!

Soy sauce can go with anything. At least that's what my mom told, who was told by my mom's mom, that was also told by my mom's' mom's mom.

Takara
04-19-2008, 06:46 PM
I don't like soy sauce. >_> So I don't eat most Chinese food.

Grapes and cheese is yummy. I also but cheddar in my hotdogs, but I bet I'm not alone.

qwertysaur
04-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Chedder and hot dogs? yes! Chocolate and lime juice go great together, also honey BBQ sauce goes great on pizza.

Selphie
04-19-2008, 07:28 PM
I eat EVERYTHING with A1 steaksauce.

Corndogs, French Fries, All Meats..

Everything mixes with A1 Steaksauce according to me! :D

Haha, same here.

Also, I'll eat crunchy pretzels with mustard, but I won't put mustard on soft pretzels. Weird.

@Aerith Knight: My mom always cooks spaghetti sauce with vodka. It's delicious.