PDA

View Full Version : Post Count.

Quindiana Jones
04-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Why doesn't EoFF have a Post Count under our avatars like most forums do? I really want to be able to compare my post number to my friends/know how much I've posted/know how much my friends have posted/see if I've reached my target of 10,000 posts! etc.

BG-57
04-16-2008, 12:09 PM
We can certainly look into it. Although I would be more concerned about the quality of the posts than the quantity.

Flying Mullet
04-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Indeed, post counts tend to lead to a lot of worthless spam.

Harle-Quin, if you're interested to see how many posts you or your friends have made, go to each member's profile and click on "Find all posts by Harle-Quin" The number of returned posts is the magic number you seek. :monster:

Jess
04-16-2008, 12:31 PM
The forums don't have post counts showing because they encourage spam. People post a lot of low-quality posts just to get their post count up.

If you really want to see how many posts you've made, just go onto your Profile and click on 'Find all posts by Harle-Quin' and the amount of posts you've made will be in the top right corner. :jess:

Edit: FM beat me to it. Stupid breaking EoFF. :(

Heath
04-16-2008, 03:16 PM
A post count doesn't really matter anyway. Quality > Quantity. Naturally sometimes you wonder how many you've made but, as Jess and Mullet have pointed out, you can find out if you're in dire need to know. There's no real need to have your post count under in postbit.

Bahamut2000X
04-16-2008, 03:27 PM
We used to have post counts way back when, but the staff of that day decided to do away with them to discourage spam, and it seems to have worked thus far.

Quindiana Jones
04-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Ooh, those were spiffing answers, all.

Levian
04-19-2008, 04:26 AM
You don't know how to manipulate the memberlist into telling you? ;)