PDA

View Full Version : Help! My PSTwo can't play movies!

Alucard von Elru
04-16-2008, 01:18 PM
'ello all! Got a little problem here. I usually don't watch that many DVDs, but recently I've started getting into some animation (most notably, Ghibli stuff). I had a standard PS2 for a looong time, and it finally gave up on me in '06. I went to EB and bought a used, refurbished (all they had) PSTwo slim model, and I actually haven't had to use it to watch any DVDs in that entire time leading up to now.

So... apparently another person's parental controls password is on the system, and I cannot for the life of me figure out a way to change it. I assume there HAS to be a way, if they don't take off passwords during the refurbishing. If not, then hardly anyone would be able to watch DVDs on their system, right?

I've tried various number combination patters, and I noticed that if you hit select on the Enter Password menu it changes to "Delete Password", but stupidly, either way you have to know the existing password. o.O

Any help is greatly appreciated.

*wants to watch Nausicaa*

Flying Mullet
04-16-2008, 01:35 PM
See if this helps: How to remove Parental Lock Code from PS2 (http://store.richspsxparts.com/howtorepaloc.html)

Alucard von Elru
04-16-2008, 04:31 PM
I just finished watching Nausicaa! In other words: dear sweet god thank you Mullet! Worked perfectly!

How can I thank you? Would you like me to have your babies? Is there some form of contract involved? Three's my limit.