PDA

View Full Version : Music festivals

Breine
04-16-2008, 06:07 PM
So, do you go to any music festivals in the summer time? If so, which one(s)?

I personally went to the Roskilde Festival (the biggest one in Europe) last year and the year before that, and it's become one of the highlights of the year for me.. so naturally, I'm also going this year. I'm super excited because some of my absolute favourite acts are gonna perform there this year (Cat Power, M.I.A., Choir of Young Believers, The Raveonettes etc.). There have been great artists performing each year, though, and so I've been lucky enough to see many of my faves over the last couple of years.

Araciel
04-16-2008, 06:16 PM
I went to a folk festival in BC once. It was awesome...I forget what it was called.

There's a folk festival and a blues festival in Orillia (my home) every year And I usually go.

blim
04-16-2008, 07:11 PM
I tend to go to smaller, free festivals rather than the big ones. Strawberry Fair at Cambridge is always good, as is Punks Picnic in Derby. I am also performing at the Riverside Festival in Stamford (Lincs, England not the US ) so i expect i will be there. (come and see us in the acoustic tent if you are in the area)

I simply refuse to pay to go to glastonbury so unless i volunteer or my brother-in-law is playing again i'll give that a miss. I go to Download only when it has a really strong line-up.

Nod
04-16-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm tempted to go to the Exit festival in Serbia this year; that looks really cool... And I'll probably go to the Metro weekender in London, if there's a good line-up...

From what I've been reading all the best festivals are in Europe rather than the UK (probably due to the weather)

Kirobaito
04-16-2008, 09:24 PM
I've never been, but I'm going to the Kerrville Folk Festival this year in late May. I'm very excited.

Chzn8r
06-17-2008, 09:18 PM
There's a jazz festival later in the summer in Chicago, though it's right after I start school. I'll have to miss Sonny Rollins, but I may be able to catch Ornette Coleman on the final day.

Pete for President
06-17-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm going to Rock Werchter in Belgium, which has bands as Radiohead, Counting Crows, the Hives, Kaiser Chiefs, Raconteurs, MGMT etc. Siked! Only 3 more weeks...

The Unknown Guru
06-17-2008, 11:08 PM
I go to Bumbershoot every summer. This year, I'm seeing Beck, schedules be damned!

Balzac
06-18-2008, 12:03 AM
I was supposed to be going to Guilfest this year, but I have not the money got. :(