PDA

View Full Version : Outrage!

Dolentrean
04-16-2008, 09:56 PM
(This is a fake post! I do not actually feel this way)

Staff! I am outraged at the continuing banning of good members! I am sick of this persecution of anyone with the slightest bit of personality being removed from the site! I demand you unban VtG! This would be a good show of faith that the staff is forgiving and will bring some much needed fun back to this site!

I mean, you should at least let banned members make second accounts! I mean what is the harm out of a second account if it is a different persona that is not insulting anybody! I deem the staff to be huge dodo heads!

Ouch!
04-16-2008, 09:59 PM
I believe you meant doodoo heads. The dodo is an extinct animal, I'm afraid.

VtG, like other banned members, will be allowed to petition his banned status to the staff after two years.

As to your comment regarding second accounts for banned members... well, we've already seen what VtG did with a second account. That should be sufficient enough evidence against such a practice.

Peegee
04-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Most of our members who are banned for less than serious reasons tend to come back within two years. Sit tight!

Flying Mullet
04-16-2008, 10:01 PM
What fun have we lost by banning these members? They were banned for good reasons, thus they stay banned. But for the sake of argument, we'll give it consideration if you can give concrete examples of how they're contributions overshadowed their detriments.

Heath
04-16-2008, 10:01 PM
A ban is exactly that. Just because you decide to adopt another persona with another account doesn't justify a second account. You as a person were banned, not just as an EoFF account. Agreed with Ouch! on the second account front in relation to VtG.

As for the members that were banned, it's unfortunate but they chose to persistently break the rules and go against what is expected of the members of the forum. It's not difficult to keep to the rules, but they couldn't manage that.

Dolentrean
04-16-2008, 10:03 PM
I believe you meant doodoo heads. The dodo is an extinct animal, I'm afraid.

Oh I ment the extinct animal! Once I am done with you all you will be dodo heads! :shifty:

And so what if VtG's second acount was a "social experiment" is was a well liked character, even if a character is what it was! What is so wrong with that? Huh staff? HUH?

Flying Mullet
04-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Then he should have done his "social experiment" with his primary account. Besides, he would have slipped up with his experiment eventually and the end result would be the same.

Dolentrean
04-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Zee Gads! Thanks you kind and generous staff… I have seen the light! You have shown me the way, let us hope other deviants soon follow in my footsteps! I am sorry for waisting your time and now propose that we take a day of remembrance for the fallen Dodo bird sometime next week!

And to think… I just thought the staff was being difficult just because they were jealous of my awesome!

Bahamut2000X
04-17-2008, 03:22 AM
And to think… I just thought the staff was being difficult just because they were jealous of my awesome!

Well there is that too. :monster:

But as was said we ban as a last resort, if someone is banned they did something to deserve it. If after 2 years time they want to come back and we think they have changed and deserve a second shot, then we'll give it to em.

BG-57
04-17-2008, 12:22 PM
All the answers you seek are in General Rules of EoFF (http://forums.eyesonff.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_eoff_rules) on the FAQ section.

Levian
04-19-2008, 03:52 AM
I think all banned members should be granted access to our least visited forums to increase the activity in those forums. Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?

Miriel
04-19-2008, 04:07 AM
I think all banned members should be granted access to our least visited forums to increase the activity in those forums. Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?

That. Is an amazing idea. :up: