PDA

View Full Version : South Park.

Breine
04-17-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm impressed by the fact that this show is still going strong after more than 10 seasons. It's still amazingly funny, and everytime I see an episode I simply laugh my ass off. It's great.

So, what do you think of the show?

Peegee
04-17-2008, 06:37 PM
It's funny, but not as outlandishly funny as it used to be. Either their ideas just aren't as funny or after 12 years of it on the air, we've developed a resistance to south park humor.

Flying Mullet
04-17-2008, 06:59 PM
I didn't think that the first couple of recent episodes were that funny. They still do their social commentary, but it's hit or miss as to whether it's funny or not.

ljkkjlcm9
04-17-2008, 07:06 PM
I agree with Mullet.

It's really hit or miss sometimes when it comes to the episodes. The last 2 have been funny, but the episodes before that this season were lacking. Overall I still love the show though

THE JACKEL

escobert
04-17-2008, 07:29 PM
I still think it's funny. But then again I hardly ever watch it on a regular basis and never have :P

Raistlin
04-17-2008, 07:32 PM
South Park is still great. The start of this season was pretty weak, but the last few episodes have been solid. Just because it may not be as awesome as some of the middle seasons doesn't mean it isn't still better than almost everything else on TV.

Dreddz
04-17-2008, 07:49 PM
It was more funny when they werent trying to parody everything that happens in real life. I know they always did this but now its as though they cant come up with anything original.

The show needs more Mecha-Streisand and Starvin Marvin.

Miriel
04-17-2008, 08:25 PM
A lot of the time, they're really heavy-handed with the social commentary. Sometimes it's funny and I enjoy it. Like the episode with the Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich, but other times it's just like, eehhh. I get it, no need to shove it down my throat. The political episodes aren't really my favorites. Of the recent episodes that I really liked is last Season's finale, The List. The ending just made me laugh and laugh.

Heath
04-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Initially I never saw the attraction of South Park but having actually given the show a proper chance, I was very impressed and became a fan. Some of the jokes are simply brilliant and I enjoy the social commentary on the whole. I've not seen much of it lately; I think the most recent episode I've seen is the one about the Snuke. Nonetheless it's a programme I enjoy and one I watch when I have the time to do so.

Flying Mullet
04-17-2008, 08:38 PM
One thing I've been getting tired of with recent seasons is the amount of excessive gore in violent scenes. It doesn't add anything and seems like a lame attempt at shock value.

Peegee
04-17-2008, 08:51 PM
But the entire premise of the show is shock value. When the show was new, kids in high school were like 'did you see this new show south park? They swear like crazy in it!'

Dreddz
04-17-2008, 08:59 PM
South Park was always violent, its the fact that it had a cheaper look back when it started that made it look less graphic.

Vermachtnis
04-17-2008, 09:32 PM
I thought last nights was the funniest so far this new season. Cause you know it's true that we'd be running around yelling, "There's no internet to tell us why there's no internet!"

XxSephirothxX
04-17-2008, 10:10 PM
I don't think the new season has been very good compared to most seasons, but it's generally still pretty entertaining. I agree that South Park is at its best when it's completely ridiculous and not attempting to be so heavy-handed with the social commentary. Some of those episodes are brilliant, but sometimes I just want a giant taco who :skull::skull::skull::skull:s multicolored ice cream. That's just fucking brilliant.

Shlup
04-18-2008, 01:05 AM
South Park is still great. The start of this season was pretty weak, but the last few episodes have been solid. Just because it may not be as awesome as some of the middle seasons doesn't mean it isn't still better than almost everything else on TV.

QFT

Roto13
04-18-2008, 01:16 AM

QFT

Hey, stop that. No agreeing with Raistlin.

Momiji
04-18-2008, 01:28 AM
Aside from Futurama, South Park is the only American cartoon I will go out of my way to watch.

Shlup
04-18-2008, 01:32 AM

QFT

Hey, stop that. No agreeing with Raistlin.

I agree with him... probably most of the time. He wasn't born stupid, he just grew that way.

White Raven
04-18-2008, 07:47 PM
I've been a huge fan of the show since it's beginning more than 10 years. It has gone through quite the transformation from being a crudely done cartoon whose jokes were based on potty humour with some satire to one of mostly satire, but still retaining some potty humour. I make the division of the two times between the 4th and 5th seasons. The current season has been OK, it started off pretty slow, but the last two have been great. The completing of the circle with the return of Mr. Garrison to a homophobic man is a good move, and perhaps soon we'll see the return of Mr. Hat. :)
My favourite episodes:
~Terrance & Phillip in Not Without My :skull::skull::skull::skull:
~Cartman's Mom Is Still a Dirty :skull::skull::skull::skull:
~Gnomes
~Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery
~Woodland Critter Christmas
~Good Times with Weapons

:)

(I censored myself just to be safe)

Araciel
04-18-2008, 09:28 PM
One of my favourite TV shows of all time, and the social commentary appeals to my nerdiness...like WoW episode, imaginationland, the newest one about the internet, etc.

Obsidian
04-21-2008, 05:52 PM
I loved this show in the beginning, then ignored it for about 7 years, then rediscovered it and fell in ove all over again. Hell, my last three FF1 playthroughs featured the four boys as my main characters.

Aerith's Knight
04-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Its not like the simpsons that it still gives new jokes and such..

I think its still funny, but there is so much swearing and stuff in it, it makes it uncomfortable to watch.

Mirage
04-21-2008, 06:13 PM
I like the episode where Eric feeds that kid his own parents in the form of tacos.

Aerith's Knight
04-21-2008, 06:55 PM
I like the episode where Eric feeds that kid his own parents in the form of tacos.

that one was sooooo sick xD

Stan: "Dude.. lets not piss off Cartman anymore"

I also like the ones where they cownap the baby cows and get Worg to drive them and the one with the stairway to heaven.

Cartman: "Worg, go out there and kill them!"
Actor guy: "Im not killing anyone"
Cartman: "Some goddamn klingon you are"

XD

Raistlin
04-22-2008, 02:51 AM

Chili. And yes, that episode is great, and was the only time watching South Park I've ever felt slightly bad for laughing.

"Oh, the tears of unfathomable sadness!" *licks*

Araciel
04-22-2008, 03:00 AM

Chile. And yes, that episode is great, and was the only time watching South Park I've ever felt slightly bad for laughing.

Chili. And yes, it was super.

Breine
04-22-2008, 09:11 AM

Chili. And yes, that episode is great, and was the only time watching South Park I've ever felt slightly bad for laughing.

What's the name of that episode? For some unknown reason I haven't watched that yet.

Raistlin
04-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Season 5, "Scott Tenorman Must Die."

White Raven
04-23-2008, 01:23 PM

I liked the episode more for the appearance of Radiohead and for the reason why he was angry at Scott to begin with. :)

Last episode of the first part of the 12th Season tonight :(