PDA

View Full Version : Itchy Itchy, Stuffy Stuffy

qwertysaur
04-17-2008, 08:14 PM
I hate allergies. Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate! I can't smell anything and my eyes are itchy. Do you have allergies? What symptoms? To What? What do you do?

I am allergic to pollen, and it only gets bad enough to notice around this time. I take Benadryl though, and the symptoms clear out in 15 minutes. It stll is annoying though, because I can't fully enjoy the nice spring weather.

Rantz
04-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Not one allergy pains this body of mine, no siree!

~*~Celes~*~
04-17-2008, 08:24 PM
i get itchy, stuffy, sneezy, and watery. =[ Right now I'm sneezy and kind of stuffy, a bit of itchy.

Jess
04-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Oh, allergies. Why do you do this to me? :(

Hayfever - Rapeseed and grass in particular. Sneezing, watery eyes and itchy eyes are the worst. It comes in bouts, really - one year I'll have it really really bad and the next it won't be so bad and then the next it'll hardly be there at all! I have some prescription antihistamines which help a ton - I used to buy the ones from a shop but they didn't help me at all.

Certain fruits and vegetables - There is something in certain fruit and veg that makes my throat itch and swell like crazy. Eeek. I just try to avoid the ones that do this, or eat very little of them.

Mosquitoe bites - Itchyness, swelling, pussing for days. It's gross and drives me insane. Lots of insect repellent for me on summer nights.

Certain metals - I don't buy any jewellery anymore that isn't silver, stainless steel or white gold.etc because some other metals make me come out in hives and itch me like mad. I don't know what ones in particular, though.

Chlorine and sun - A weird allergy. If I swim in the pool on a sunny holiday I have to have a full shower afterwards before going back to sunbathing/sitting in the sun. I can't just rinse off. I have to get all the chlorine out of my hair and bikini because otherwise when I go back to sunbathing it will make me come up in hives/a rash wherever my clothes/hair is resting. :(

Blue Harvest
04-18-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm not allergic to anything! *poses*

escobert
04-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Not really. dry air bothers me more :p

Heath
04-18-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm allergic to pollen and sensitive to things like dust and mould and the like. Cats are another one. If there's one cat in the room, I should be okay provided it isn't right next to me or something, but if there's more than one my eyes will water and itch and I'll be sneezing like mad. Thankfully I've got some antihistamines to help with my allergies though.

Breine
04-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Chlorine and sun - A weird allergy. If I swim in the pool on a sunny holiday I have to have a full shower afterwards before going back to sunbathing/sitting in the sun. I can't just rinse off. I have to get all the chlorine out of my hair and bikini because otherwise when I go back to sunbathing it will make me come up in hives/a rash wherever my clothes/hair is resting. :(

Man, that sounds really annoying.

Anyway, I'm allergic to some kind of rubber. I'm not sure which kind, but I've gotten hives from certain pool animals and swimming rings. Luckily it doesn't happen that often, but I still tend to not be in contact with pool animals/swimming rings for longer than maybe 5-10 minutes, just to be sure.

Balzac
04-18-2008, 01:01 PM
I used to be really bad with hayfever, but that seems to have grown out. I am allergic to beer though. Can't drink the stuff.

Peegee
04-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Everybody has allergies. It's your body's way of ridding itself of irritants from the outside world. I however have none of the typical allergies like ragweed and tree bark and peanuts and strawberries and water.

Jess
04-18-2008, 01:47 PM
For those of you who get hayfever: I was told that if you eat local honey then it will reduce the symptoms of your hayfever. I don't know if it actually works, though. :jess:

Marshall Banana
04-18-2008, 01:56 PM
My ex-boyfriend said that he's allergic to strawberries, and I told him that eating more strawberries and drinking more strawberry milkshakes will cure him, but he didn't listen to me.

Blue Harvest
04-18-2008, 02:09 PM
I am allergic to beer though. Can't drink the stuff.

I pity you :choc2:

Big D
04-18-2008, 02:34 PM
I suffer allergic rhinitis - chronic hayfever, basically. It's a nuisance in spring and summer, but medication can control it.
My ex-boyfriend said that he's allergic to strawberries, and I told him that eating more strawberries and drinking more strawberry milkshakes will cure him, but he didn't listen to me.Allergies do not work like that. It's a very common misconception, one that's extremely dangerous to people who actually suffer allergies. A true allergy - rather than a mere sensitivity - means a person is genetically incapable of coping with the allergen in question. I have a friend who very nearly died when a relative secretly gave her "just a little bit" of a plant chemical that she's allergic to.

Marshall Banana
04-18-2008, 02:56 PM
I know; I was just being silly. XD

NeoCracker
04-18-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm alergic to this crap that hospitals put over large cuts.

Guess how I learned I was allergic to that. :p

Aerith's Knight
04-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Im allergic to shrimp.. and im very glad.. cause it seems disguisting

Polaris
04-18-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm not allergic to anything ^^ Just to a medicine but when I was a baby ^^ So I'm a really healthy person

FallenSilence
04-18-2008, 03:53 PM
I get hayfever, and I'm allergic to penicillin to the point where it can kill me =/

Jojee
04-19-2008, 01:16 AM
I get contact/skin allergies and get rashes sometimes, but that's it. No sniffiness xD

Shiny
04-19-2008, 03:58 AM
Oh yeah, I get rashes from stuff all the time. Sensitive skin. =[ But anywayz, one time I tried this lotion my friend had that smelt really good and then a few minutes later there was redness everywhere! People thought I got sunburn. I also has an allergic reaction to chalk and I can't even touch it. Thankfully that gets me out of having to go up and write stuff for school.

Jojee
04-19-2008, 04:00 AM
Oh yeahhhh... I'm allergic to a lot of mosquito bites. Sometimes I react normally but like half of the time it swells up <i>really</i> badly. I've gotten baseball-sized lumps before. T_T