PDA

View Full Version : Bug?

fire_of_avalon
04-18-2008, 06:05 AM
I first played this game when I was really young; still young enough that I had to have my cousins or father read most of the text to me. My cousin helped through the first part of the tower of Bab-Il and had me fight the monsters controlling the cannons. Then Yang did the crazy save the day thing and "locked" me out of the room. I was mad, so after the BOOM I just pushed up on the d-pad and Cecil walked into the empty control room.

What? It was supposed to be locked. My cousin flips out and thinks we (I) found something special and walks around the room hoping for an event and nothing happens, so he tries to leave and can't get out. Needless to say he wasn't happy with me because we hadn't saved in a long time.

All of this definitely happened just after the US release of the game, so I was about six years old, but for some reason I just thought of it tonight and wondered if anyone else who played it on the SNES back in the day found this bug? I googled it and searched the forum, but I didn't find anything about it.

Flying Mullet
04-18-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't think you're supposed to be able to do that. I think it's always been locked after Yang's sacrifice when I try to get in but I'm not 100% sure.

Evastio
04-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Yeah. It should've been locked. :confused:

fire_of_avalon
04-18-2008, 08:28 PM
I know that! I'm just curious to see if anyone else found this bug or not.

Takara
04-18-2008, 11:18 PM
I can't say I have. Sorry.

scrumpleberry
04-18-2008, 11:39 PM
1: THAT IS AWESOME XD

2: sorry, I can't help you :(

If it is a bug, it's probably based on a ridiculously obscure set of circumstances. Do you still have the copy of the game?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-19-2008, 12:04 AM
I've heard of it, but it's never happened to me. I'm not sure what parameters may cause it to happen, either.

fire_of_avalon
04-19-2008, 01:18 AM
Yeah, I still have it. It's at home.

Relapse
04-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Try it again and take a screenshot, that's what people would usually say.

scorpiodragon
04-19-2008, 07:04 PM
thats happened to me a few times but theres nothing in the room, it doesn't even look damaged

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Well, of course it doesn't. The designers weren't going to make charred wall graphics for a room you're not supposed to be able to access anyway.

Roogle
04-21-2008, 10:23 PM
I believe that I have heard of this bug mentioned occasionally on the GameFAQs message boards for Final Fantasy II on the Super Nintendo, but I do not remember any of the parameters involved in its recreation.

So, no, you are not the only one to experience this glitch.

Creeping Shadow
04-22-2008, 01:34 AM
Jeez thats an odd glitch, I will have to try that.