PDA

View Full Version : red 13 and aeris, what IF ......

blue16yo
04-18-2008, 06:21 PM
ok, if my memory recalls correctly, cloud and his friends go to the shinra building and some how prevent hojo from breeding red xiii and aeris, but what if, cloud didnt make it in time, what if hojo DID end up trying to breed them. would have it worked? how would the offsprings look like??? Maybe hojo had something interesting going on. lol.

Flying Mullet
04-18-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't think Hojo would have been successful if Cloud and gang hadn't appeared. As Red XIII says, he was playing dumb so Hojo wouldn't be suspicious of him and he never had any intention of frolicking under Aeris' dress.

Then, even if they did happen to mate for some reason, Aeris wouldn't have been impregnated or the fetus would have been rejected extremely early on. They're genetically too far apart for it to work.

I just watched a TV show on whether Stalin was trying to breed a super-warrior race of monkey men and they went into a lot of detail about how, even though chimpanzees are genetically the closest monkey to humans, they still wouldn't have much success. Even if they were able to produce offspring, they would either be infertile/sterile or would die extremely young due to the different number of chromosomes.

Aerith's Knight
04-18-2008, 07:44 PM
I dont even want to know.. sick sick sick

cloud21zidane16
04-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Flying Mullet explains this well, their just to different for anything to happen. I hope.:p

Bahamut2000X
04-18-2008, 08:20 PM
I think the answer is obvious, Hojo is just a a super pimp.

scrumpleberry
04-18-2008, 08:31 PM
I think the answer is obvious, Hojo is just a a super pimp.

I wonder what other experiments of such a nature he's tried his hand at..? Maybe that's where FFIX's Quina comes from!

And yes, Mullet has it right.

BG-57
04-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Although some closely related species can interbreed (lions/tigers and horses/donkeys), their species look much too different.

That being said, Hojo could have quite easily created a chimeric cell by combining their cells together.

Also scientists have also have been able to breed a mouse that they can insert a human immune system into.

Using DNA manipulation it's quite easy to insert foreign genes into organisms of a different species. Examples include bacteria that make human insulin and tobacco plants that express a firefly gene and can glow in the dark.

These last two techniques involve modifying existing organisms. As for the first one, a single hybrid cell is not the same as a viable organism.

Roogle
04-18-2008, 09:15 PM
I do not believe that Hojo was trying to create offspring by having Aerith and Red XIII mate with each other. The idea seems kind of ridiculous!

I think that he was going for some mad, twisted creation by some other method like taking samples from both of them and creating a test tube baby, and it would be a hideous monster similar to one of the monstrous forms that Hojo takes on later in the game.

BG-57
04-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Considering how the game defines 'clone' I wouldn't be suprised. But I'm pretty sure the English translation calls it 'breeding'.

Roogle
04-18-2008, 09:19 PM
I wonder if the line may have been different in the Japanese version of the game. This game suffers from a relatively poor localization compared to the standards established by current games in the series.

BG-57
04-18-2008, 09:24 PM
That's what I'm wondering as well.

I think 'transfusion' would have been a better translation than 'cloning', since the explanation describes essentially that process. Not sure about 'breeding'.

Big D
04-19-2008, 01:32 AM
Hojo had a pretty solid track record of creating monsters and Chimerae, so a hyrbid of Aerith and Nanaki probably wouldn't be too far fetched. He'd just use genetic tweaking, mako, or Jenova cells to somehow compensate for the genetic differences, and... something... would eventuate. His goal was, apparently, to create a Cetra-like creature that would live long enough to be fully studied - "about 120 years" was his estimate - after which it'd presumably be possible to synthesise the Cetra's powers into regular humans, kind of like a next-gen SOLDIER.

Still, outside the world of questionable fanfiction, Aerith and Nanaki would never get busy, so that unsavoury concept needn't be considered too deeply.

But then... Mr Spock is a cross-species hybrid, and he's one of the greatest badasses who ever lived, so perhaps an Aerith/Nanaki offspring might have similar potential...

Necronopticous
04-19-2008, 02:14 AM
The game most certainly implies that Hojo was attempting to have Red XIII mate with Aeris, during the scene in question.

In fact, just after this scene, Red XIII says "I have a right to choose, too. I don't like two-legged things."

I think this is a great scene, specifically because of the fuzzy logic of Hojo. Does he really think that Red XIII and Aerith would be able to have traditional offspring? Is this truly his intention? Probably not, but that's not stopping him.

It quickly establishes him as the sick individual that he is.

Randgris
04-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Aw gross. *throws up at a nearby garbage can

PeneloRatsbane
04-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Hojo also had that ultimate 3-way (in a genetics way) with Lucrezia (human... probably) and Jenova (alien) and sephiroth was created.

so i recon he could have pulled it off.

do u know what i want to see? Sephiroth if he hadn't got Jenova cells.
do u think he'd be as geeky looking as his parents?

Rikushomegirl7
04-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Nope i dont think hojo's experiment would have succeeded because Red XIII and Aeris are two different species, meaning they cannot reproduce and produce fertile offspring >.<

Breine
04-20-2008, 04:56 PM
The game most certainly implies that Hojo was attempting to have Red XIII mate with Aeris, during the scene in question.

In fact, just after this scene, Red XIII says "I have a right to choose, too. I don't like two-legged things."

I think this is a great scene, specifically because of the fuzzy logic of Hojo. Does he really think that Red XIII and Aerith would be able to have traditional offspring? Is this truly his intention? Probably not, but that's not stopping him.

Yes. Hojo is a sick, sick man.. gotta love him :bigsmile:

crono_logical
04-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Clearly Hojo wanted to video them mating so he could sell it on the black market to get rich quick :p

Mercen-X
04-20-2008, 07:27 PM
He wanted to sell it on YouTube.
Nope i dont think hojo's experiment would have succeeded because Red XIII and Aeris are two different species, meaning they cannot reproduce and produce fertile offspring >.<That didn't matter as long as Aerith's Cetra powers lived as long as Nanaki's dog species.

do u know what i want to see? Sephiroth if he hadn't got Jenova cells.
do u think he'd be as geeky looking as his parents?

Sephiroth would problably have turned out like Aizen. After all, Hojo may have been a freaky perverted psycho geek, but Lucrecia was actually pretty cool.

PeneloRatsbane
04-21-2008, 12:29 AM
who's Aizen?

Lucrecia's ok lookin, but i think shes pretty mental, i mean she went along with it.

Quindiana Jones
04-21-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm going to ignore the fact that it wouldn't work because they are genetically so far apart, because it's a game. And Hojo is a crazy magic scientist man who can do anything.

I think it'd look EXACTLY like this:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/739/7red13aal5.jpg

Roogle
04-21-2008, 10:11 PM

I agree. It cuts straight to the point of allowing the player to see that Hojo fits the mad scientist archetype well.

I never asked myself whether or not offspring between Red XIII and Aerith was possible. It brings question to the ethics and morality of ShinRa as a whole because of the sketchy logic, too.

blackmage_nuke
04-23-2008, 06:39 AM
Then we get a Red mage character

Jessweeee♪
04-23-2008, 02:29 PM
YOU'RE RUINING THE FUN.

Obviously, it couldn't happen, the point is WHAT IF!

They would be shaped like kangaroos and would have tails and hair like RedXIII. Everything else is human, except for their superb sense of smell.

blackmage_nuke
04-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Well whatever the case, one things for sure.

The offspring would look like it was constructed out of lego blocks

demondude
04-23-2008, 06:03 PM
A breasty dog is my bet. (A bit like Tifa but for the pervy animal lovers)

Roogle
04-23-2008, 07:08 PM
I would expect to see a character similar to the race of Mithra in Final Fantasy XI if Red XIII and Aerith Gainsborough were really forced to breed.

andy-cosmo-canyon
04-25-2008, 04:39 AM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:oP0kE1O6fFqqDM:http://www.ffcompilation.co.uk/pages/doc/images/hojo.jpg

haha what a funny combo that would be maybe it would be like a red kimarhi with less fur and pink pants hmmm

disturbing thought

Lionx
04-28-2008, 06:29 PM
hawt D:....and i think it would look like thiss...?

Anthro Red XIII by ~KensukeTheCat on deviantART (http://kensukethecat.deviantart.com/art/Anthro-Red-XIII-39633255)

Suvious
05-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Hence forth the Mithra race in FFXI were born.

Mercen-X
05-15-2008, 10:38 PM
I was thinking more like red Ronsos. In fact, in my fanfic, I called Nanaki's whole species the Ronz.

Trance_Kuja
05-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Why on earth haven't i seen any furry of this. XD

ReloadPsi
05-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Why on earth haven't i seen any furry of this. XD

Because furry fans didn't have you encouraging them to do so. Now you've gone and done it.

Yar
05-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Gotta love Conan!
http://www.nbc.com/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/fan_favorites/iftheymated/images/mated_2355_1.jpg