PDA

View Full Version : New years resolutionZ

Levian
04-20-2008, 01:00 AM
How are they coming along?

I didn't make any new years resolutions, but I made a March resolution, and that was to stop eating candy and soda. Been keeping that up for a month now, and I wonder when I will crack and try to devour a huge candy cane horizontally.

Heath
04-20-2008, 01:01 AM
I didn't bother with one either.

I have, however, given up meat, fizzy drinks and chocolate for four weeks. Not for any real reason other than to prove a point and see if I can do it. Passed the two weeks mark for that on Friday, so not doing too badly. Do miss meat slightly, but I don't imagine I'll struggle to do the last two weeks or so.

NeoCracker
04-20-2008, 01:03 AM
I would kill a man after 2 days without meat.

I make no resolutions on new years. I run off whims and what the picture box tells me I should do.

Heath
04-20-2008, 01:21 AM

I've arranged with some friends to go out for a big Indian meal the day I finish, so needless to say, I'll be more than making up for that month with a nice chicken tikka balti or something. The fact that I'm doing it to prove a point makes it somewhat easier. Friend of mine did a similar challenge a few months back but took weekends off. I said this was cheating and he reckoned I couldn't do it, so it's worth doing to prove him wrong :D

NeoCracker
04-20-2008, 01:30 AM

I've arranged with some friends to go out for a big Indian meal the day I finish, so needless to say, I'll be more than making up for that month with a nice chicken tikka balti or something. The fact that I'm doing it to prove a point makes it somewhat easier. Friend of mine did a similar challenge a few months back but took weekends off. I said this was cheating and he reckoned I couldn't do it, so it's worth doing to prove him wrong :D

That friend of yours would be the first one to go, as I would blame him for the whole mess in the first place.

IT would also be his meet that makes me fail. That way at his funeral I could not only be eating him, but I could say, "Guess you were right, I couldn't do it," with a big grin on my face as I take a bite and walk away.

Cz
04-20-2008, 11:22 AM
I resolved to make this exact thread sometime in March. :(

crono_logical
04-20-2008, 12:17 PM
I don't bother, too many new years each year anyway what with so many different cultures where I work, like chinese new year or bengali new year recently :p

Iceglow
04-20-2008, 12:36 PM
I haven't bothered with a new years resoloution either, I could easily just determine I'm going to give something up from now on though, I think the first thing I wanna do is cut down on the junk food I tend to eat especially when working I know I've put on a few pounds so I need to cut back. Normally the canteen serves full english fried breakfast and pretty much everything at lunchtime is either fatty or crappy. So I've decided I'm going to attempt to balance my diet using the sandwiches from the chiller downstairs on shop floor and the salad bar from food to go it should given a bit of time mean I lose some of that weight since I know thats my biggest problem. The only other option being packed lunches but I like my sandwiches to contain salad and meat which means it'd be very expensive.

Breine
04-20-2008, 01:19 PM
I didn't make any since I knew I'd have trouble following them through.

Goldenboko
04-20-2008, 04:41 PM
My new years resolution was to not go insane; I think I failed.

Miriel
04-20-2008, 11:30 PM
I am doing SO good with my resolution to quit drinking soda.

I didn't even have soda last night when I was doing sake bombs with my friends. And do you guys realize how horrible a chaser water is? But god dammit, I wasn't gonna touch the soda!

Del Murder
04-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Yet you touched the sake.

Mirage
04-20-2008, 11:50 PM
If you want to change something about yourself, its silly to wait until new years eve to start doing it.

Miriel
04-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Yet you touched the sake.

It's the principle of the matter!

I also touched the 3 tiered chocolate cake. :p

strawberryman
04-21-2008, 12:12 AM
I've been off caffeine for a while now. Though it wasn't a New Years resolution, seeing as it was before then. >_>

Haven't yet cut off soda/pop/whatevercolloquialismyouuse, but I've been drinking non-caffeine (obviously) and less of it in general.

~*~Celes~*~
04-21-2008, 12:27 AM
I never make resolutions 'cause I know I won't keep to them too well. My resolution was to fail to make a resolution.

Montoya
04-21-2008, 06:10 AM
Well I had several, in fact I had to make up twelve on the spot.
But the most notable ones:
I actually didn't quit smoking at first, it took me while. I stopped for a week but then had on average one per week. Then I just started smoking packs altogether until...
I wanted to get in shape a long with another friend of mine so we joined a gym and started working out prior to classes starting at college. But once they did things started falling apart and we stopped going. Then I started going a month later and have gained a lot of muscle and people have noticed. Smoking and working out are a no no, so one of them had to go. So stopped smoking and continued working out, then everyone lived happily ever after. The End.

rubah
04-21-2008, 06:41 AM
the walking to class is going pretty well, and the drinking diet cokes in general is also going pretty well (I have succumbed to the dark side in the shape of sweet tea however), now to curb the chip cravings .xx;;;;

Aerith's Knight
04-21-2008, 06:46 AM
I have no idea what my resolutions were.. if someone still remembers mine..

then you must have a very good memory :eyebrow:

Dolentrean
04-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Yah... this sums up how it is going for me

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1033/newyearsxz4.gif

And this was not edited in any way :shifty:

Blue Harvest
04-21-2008, 10:52 AM
My only resolution was to lose weight. It's going good so far.

I didn't make any others because I knew I'd break them :p

Loony BoB
04-21-2008, 12:40 PM
I am determined to have people come over in August, one way or another. Spending last August without any of my EoFFer friends was really sucky. I think I've got Lev, Jess and Psy hooked up though with a vague possibility of Dan being able to make it, so fingers crossed. But even with the five of us it should be great.

mooglebunni608
04-21-2008, 01:04 PM
I didn't make any resolutions. Except to lose 5 pounds forever. Which isn't comming along very well.

Sarc the Swordsman
04-21-2008, 02:24 PM
I didn't make any, since I knew I'd break them anyway. There isn't really any I need to make though, and if there was a bad habit I had that needed to be broken, I wouldn't wait until new year to stop it - I just would.

Peegee
04-21-2008, 04:21 PM
My New Year's resolutions are always 'stay the course'

I usually make life altering changes around the middle of the year anyway, so a resolution set to change me on 1-1 is usually jumping the gun a bit xD