PDA

View Full Version : You huffy puffy loosey goosey whimpering whining wuss of a witness.

Vermachtnis
04-20-2008, 02:03 AM
So how good are you at insulting people? Or what's the worst insult said to you (if it's safe of course)?

I'm bad at insulting people. I do have a friend who's great at it though. I'd say more but they're pretty bad err, well good insults which make them bad :D

Rye
04-20-2008, 02:21 AM
At times, I experience a thing the French call L'esprit de l'escalier, or Staircase Wit, where I can't think of good insults in the moment, but after the situation is over, I come up with the best comebacks, as I'm "on the staircase", leaving the event.

Generally, the biggest insults I get are ones about my weight, or at least, those are the ones that bother me the most. I get a few others, but I laugh those off, because I like myself, personality-wise.

Lawr
04-20-2008, 04:15 AM
I'm more of the 'blazing' type of person. They're catastrophically devastating on the spot,
but anywhere else. . .they're dookey

Namelessfengir
04-20-2008, 04:25 AM
i dont insult, i hurt its funnier

escobert
04-20-2008, 05:24 AM
Depends on the situation. I can be good but I can be horrible :p

Aerith's Knight
04-20-2008, 06:09 AM
I can have comebacks that can be both witty and make a person feel utterly miserable.. and sometimes they slip out..

but at just point blanck insulting people.. i dont do that, nor would i be good at it.

Tama2
04-20-2008, 08:18 AM
I am a really good insulter, nothing to be bragging about though. I try to keep them witty and funny. Otherwise, I try to keep the soul smashing ones quite. I really hate seeing people cry in general.

:[

Breine
04-20-2008, 01:25 PM
I only insult people if I'm really mad, and that rarely happens. I don't think I'm any better at it than the next guy, though.

scrumpleberry
04-20-2008, 02:01 PM
At times, I experience a thing the French call L'esprit de l'escalier, or Staircase Wit, where I can't think of good insults in the moment, but after the situation is over, I come up with the best comebacks, as I'm "on the staircase", leaving the event.

YES. Oh, that always happens to me! :(

I can know what will really hurt people, but I never say it. Most of the time if I'm REALLY insulting someone, it's sort of a semi-guilt trip thing, where I make it seem like I'm not conciously insulting them, but they pick up on something I've said "innocently". I don't make a habit of insulting people, aside from in jest :tongue:

I will criticise a little much sometimes, but that isn't really an insult.

Insults that throw my intelligence or value as a person into question always affect me the worst.

Quindiana Jones
04-20-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm usually fairly quick-witted, and can make some funny comeback to an insult that makes the insulter look like a pillock. However, I must admit that I have suffered from l'esprit de l'escalier on several occasions.

I hate giving lame, below-the-belt insults because it just makes me feel stupid and guilty. I will only ever insult appearances, especially weight, if I truly detest the person. Even then I'll usually go for something else.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-21-2008, 12:22 AM
I'm usually fairly quick-witted, and can make some funny comeback to an insult that makes the insulter look like a pillock. However, I must admit that I have suffered from l'esprit de l'escalier on several occasions.

I hate giving lame, below-the-belt insults because it just makes me feel stupid and guilty. I will only ever insult appearances, especially weight, if I truly detest the person. Even then I'll usually go for something else.

I am exactly the same way.

But I must say, the Germans have are the cruelest insulters I know of. Calling people polio kid, or cripple, instead of stupid and such. It just seems so evil to me.

Sarc the Swordsman
04-21-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm bad at insulting people because I always feel guilty about even minor insults afterwards. So, I very rarely do it - unless someone repeatedly annoys me.

As for being insulted, I put up with it daily at work. Amazing how many customers are abusive over anything from frozen peas being thawed as they travel throughout the supermarket, to them picking up the wrong lightbulb size. >_>

Shoeberto
04-21-2008, 01:02 AM
I don't usually insult people unless I'm really close to them and know they can take it. Like in CIS when one of my friends said something like "that's some pretty nice memory" and I was all "you have pretty nice mammaries" and I got punched real hard but I knew it was out of love. Fun Fact: He lost a lot of weight and I gained so now he gets to make fat jokes about me.

Selphie
04-21-2008, 01:08 AM
I never really insult anyone unless its in a joking matter.

As for being seriously insulted, that hasn't happened since middle school. My friends will joke around with me, but thats about it.

Markus. D
04-21-2008, 01:50 AM
They make a better reply in my case.

and win in the end.

Croyles
04-21-2008, 03:06 AM
Im the kind of person that accidently insults someone by taking a joke too far. But anyone who knows me knows that I dont mean it so they dont care.

Dolentrean
04-21-2008, 08:35 AM
I am fantastic at insults and comebacks about 70% of the time, if I start ranting (and oh... I do love to rant) I will say things that my friends will be quoting for years, I do pride myself on my wit. I am normally only good if I am being somewhat goofy and messing around, even if what I say is remarkably mean.

Blue Harvest
04-21-2008, 10:41 AM

Happens to me all the time. But at least I never get insults about my weight anymore, rather compliments on how much I've lost :D

Sarc the Swordsman
04-21-2008, 02:33 PM
I just...I just got insulted for 'being too damn nice'. What the heck? :(