PDA

View Full Version : Stephen King

~*~Celes~*~
04-20-2008, 05:03 AM
Read any of his books or seen any of his movies?

I've just recently seen The Mist with my family and I hated it. It absolutely grossed me out and brought out a lot of my worst fears (i.e.: losing those you love in some tragic event, spiders, a fog/darkness overcoming everything, etc), and it showed enough blood and gore that I was having screaming fits :(

Namelessfengir
04-20-2008, 05:14 AM
that looks hilarious!!!
course i loved kujo and dreamcatcher

scrumpleberry
04-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Saw the Green Mile.

:kaocry:

Zeromus_X
04-20-2008, 03:50 PM
I've seen and read quite a few of his movies and books, although on the whole, I'd have to say the books are usually much better. The last movie I saw based on one of his books was The Mist, and it was quite enjoyable (and scary). I'm currently reading Duma Key, although I've only just started it.

Renmiri
04-20-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm not a big fan of terror but he writes it very well. I loved The Stand

~*~Celes~*~
04-20-2008, 05:41 PM
I've seen Rose Red, the prequel to Rose Red (Whatever it was called, I forget), The Green Mile, The Langoliers, Children of the Corn part 1, and part of Pet Semetary. I read his book "On Writing"...well, still am, really xD and reading Pet Semetary.

I Don't Need A Name
04-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Ive seen Green Mile and read Carrie, Misery and Pet Semetary. he is awsome :D

Sarc the Swordsman
04-21-2008, 02:14 AM
I've seen the movie 'IT'. That was by him, wasn't it? I kinda blocked it out of my memory since I bloody hate clowns. >_>

rubah
04-21-2008, 02:18 AM
I've seen dreamcatcher and part of the new carrie, read carrie and read the first two Gunslinger books.

Necronopticous
04-21-2008, 03:28 AM
<A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4tU348BCM">Enough said</A>.

Dolentrean
04-21-2008, 08:31 AM
The Shawshank Redemption = Fantastic Movie

stuffing
04-22-2008, 03:40 AM
The Shawshank Redemption = Fantastic Movie

Agreed, my favourite book by him

Araciel
04-22-2008, 03:49 AM
I've seen a lot of his movies.

dreamcatcher
carrie
rose red
green mile
the shining
langoliers
the stand
shawshank redemption
needful things
sleepwalkers
pet sematary
the running man
creepshow 2
stand by me
cat's eye
firestarter
children of the corn
christine

But never read a word he's written in a book.

Rantz
04-22-2008, 09:36 AM
I've seen Carrie, The Green Mile, Misery and The Shining.

Misery is probably my favorite horror movie. Since I first saw it, I've never been able to look upon Kathy Bates without shivers running down my spine.

Raistlin
04-22-2008, 02:39 PM
The original The Shining movie is great.

I also just started his Dark Tower book series. I'm still a bit hesitant about it.

Roogle
04-22-2008, 07:15 PM
I have seen movies based on books from Stephen King: Carrie, Misery, and The Green Mile.

~*~Celes~*~
04-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Oh, I also saw part of the old Carrie...-.o gives the other Carries (or, Karis) in the world a bad name D=

Manny
05-02-2008, 02:17 PM
I honestly prefer his nonfiction prose to his fictional prose. I own... About ten of his books, but I don't read them very often. They really shake me down. Not even the content, that doesn't bother me, but the naked, straightforward way he has of writing just messes with my head and then I can't write anything for maybe a week after. On Writing is one of my favorite books of all time, though. I think he's got a great sense of humor when applied in his own voice. My favorite part about any of his books are the forewords.

Moon Rabbits
05-03-2008, 07:10 AM
One of my favourites.

Christine and Misery are two of my all time favourite books, but they are nothing compared to It. If you have not read it, then you should, because it is amazing. It is a very good book to read over the summer (because of the length), although I finished it in about three days because I was constantly reading it.

Although Stephen King also has books that I absolutely despise, such as Pet Semetary.

Other good titles include the Tommyknockers, Cujo, Carrie, and Everything's Eventual.

Nagumo
05-03-2008, 10:23 AM
I saw Nightmares and Dreamscapes once. It's a mini series based on short stories from Stephen King. I only saw one episode and it was about toy soldiers coming to live :eek: It was horrible.
I liked shawshank redemption though

Tasura
05-03-2008, 10:41 AM
I've seen way to many of his movies to count, haven't read many of his books though, never really felt like it, though I did just read Gerald's Game, that was pretty good.

Boney King
05-04-2008, 12:02 AM
"It" scared me as a child, now I mostly laugh at it, especially the ending. I love "The Shining", but more because of Stanley Kubrick's take on it than anything else.

redxiiii
05-12-2008, 10:48 PM
I have read needful things and Cell, both awesome books, especially cell!! an i have seen so many of his movies, and even though some of them suck...*coff* Thinner *Coff* i still lurv the king