PDA

View Full Version : Ow ow ow ow owwwww~ ;;

Momiji
04-20-2008, 02:34 PM
I woke up this morning to find myself in some considerable pain. My neck hurt so bad (hell, it still hurts after 4 Tylenol) that it literally hurt to move. I can't stand it! :kaocry:

Topic #1: How can I make the pain go away?

Topic #2: Are you in any pain right now?

Rye
04-20-2008, 02:37 PM
I would just try to keep your neck straight and not move it. I got into a similar situation where I couldn't turn my neck in a certain direction for about a day or two, and it hurt a lot. Just keeping it steady helps.

And this is the first day in a while that I don't have cramps or a migrane, yay! <3

crono_logical
04-20-2008, 02:42 PM
I find cracking the joints (like cracking knuckles) works well with those types of pain, like neck or back :D

Momiji
04-20-2008, 02:45 PM
I find cracking the joints (like cracking knuckles) works well with those types of pain, like neck or back :D

That's what caused all of this to begin with. I cracked my neck yesterday morning (it was really stiff), and that's when it start to hurt. It was tolerable though. This morning when I woke up, it felt ten times worse. :(

Jess
04-20-2008, 03:50 PM
I've pulled a muscle in my shoulder area somehow. :(

Marshall Banana
04-20-2008, 04:03 PM
A heating pad might help!

Randgris
04-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Topic #1: How can I make the pain go away?

Either stiff neck or an odd case of muscle pain. Try Marshall's suggestion and if that doens't work, call a doctor. Or try a SalonPas (weird japanese medicine, plaster like thing that you stick to any aching body parts. It helps soothe the swelling, or in your case, the aching)

Topic #2: Are you in any pain right now?

Headache due to flu. I have a migraine almost everyday so I'm immuned to it.

Quindiana Jones
04-20-2008, 05:45 PM
1. Kill yourself. :D DON'T.

2. I'm usually so tired it damn near hurts. :(

G3ORGE
04-20-2008, 06:24 PM
i had that....lasted aaaaages lol 'twas a real bummer :/

Heath
04-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Thankfully I'm not in any pain at the moment. Haven't really felt any proper pain for a while actually. I intend to keep it that way, touch wood.

Mirage
04-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Sometimes I see people do things that are so stupid, I get a headache.

Aerith's Knight
04-20-2008, 07:15 PM
My head hurts like hell, and try advil.. it always works for me.

Psychotic
04-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Have a long bath. I've done something bad to my back yet again. I seem to do something rotten to it every few months. Sucks to be me.

Momiji
04-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Have a long bath. I've done something bad to my back yet again. I seem to do something rotten to it every few months. Sucks to be me.

Ah, and that's where the whole thing started. On Friday night, I fell asleep in the bathtub, from 12:30 AM to 5:30 AM. That's when I woke up with a stiff neck. While stretching it out a bit to loosen it up, that's when something in my neck snapped.

Rantz
04-20-2008, 08:12 PM
I don't feel pain because I'm made of iron! I also never cry and I torture kittens on an hourly basis. Wait, what?

Vermachtnis
04-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Falling asleep in the tub is bad. First of all the water gets cold and you can get sick like that and second of all you're sleeping at weird angle. I don't know about you but I haven't been able to lay in a tub normally since I was about eight. Maybe a nice sleep in a normal bed will do you good.

For some odd reason my shoulders have been hurting.

Momiji
04-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Falling asleep in the tub is bad. First of all the water gets cold and you can get sick like that and second of all you're sleeping at weird angle. I don't know about you but I haven't been able to lay in a tub normally since I was about eight. Maybe a nice sleep in a normal bed will do you good.

For some odd reason my shoulders have been hurting.

The water was fine the whole time. It was the rest of me in the air that was cold. xD

And it isn't like I make a habit of sleeping in the tub. Well, not for 5 hours. I just happened to be particularly tired. :p

Peegee
04-21-2008, 04:45 PM
codeine.

Quindiana Jones
04-21-2008, 09:37 PM
The bottom of my spine hurts. Not in a nice always there pain, so that I know not to attempt backflipping or anything, though. :(

Every now and then it'll be all "ROOOOOOAAAAAAAR!" and then shut up. Stupid pain.

Miriel
04-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Go to a chiropractor!

I'm sick right now, so I'm just kinda sluggish and out of it. Not really in any pain though. The other day I got bitten by a spider and I started freaking out cause my entire left arm and shoulder started going numb and I thought I had been poisoned. Still alive, and my arm is functioning again so I guess I'm all good.

Akaria
04-21-2008, 09:45 PM
That neck thing sucks =\ I got it once when I was in a pool in Florida when I was like 9. I stayed in bed trying not to move my neck the next day, and finally I went back to the pool and did an underwater handstand and it was fine again. Really weird stuff, that neck thing. I agree with AK though, Advil is incredible!

The only pain I have at the moment is in my wrist because I slept on it funny, so now whenever I try to bend it back, it hurts like a mother, haha

Lawr
04-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I got a headache yesterday from playing Lost Planet and all it's mystical glittery flashes.

Polaris
04-21-2008, 10:20 PM
My backs hurt ;_____;

Evastio
04-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Sleep usually works for taking care of any kind of pain.

Momiji
04-22-2008, 01:09 AM
Well, it isn't nearly as bad as it was yesterday. I took 3 ibuprofen this morning and I've been okay ever since. It stings a little to turn my head to the left or all the way to the right, but it wasn't as debilitating as it was yesterday, when it hurt to move, period. :D